PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher June 30 - July 7

Pat Isaac
06-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Good morning everyone,

Well, it seems like it has been awhile since I posted the Gusher. The site is still being tweaked, but some things are working. I have been able to spend some time in the garden yesterday and hopefully again later today. I have a few more things to get ready for the show and then tomorrow I hang it!!!!Yay.
the garden is growing well, especially the weeds. We have been picking snap peas the past few days.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

Shirl Parker
06-30-2008, 10:06 AM
It's really hot here, and my flowers are drying up, but my weeds are thriving. What's up with that???????

Pat Isaac
06-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Very humid here today, and the flowers and veggies have their leaves down. Protection from the hot sun. Thunderstorms expected. I find that the weeds flourish no matter what.:evil:
Stay cool.

pat

eyepaint
06-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Happy Canada Day for tomorrow to my fellow Canucks who might check in here during their long weekend :)

Pat Isaac
06-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Well, some things are being fixed as we speak. The most important thing they are working on is the RIL and the uploader as well as giving access to some guides and mods who were locked out of forums. Patience everyone....

Pat

Scarefishcrow
06-30-2008, 03:53 PM
The following is a xpost of a reply I just made in the last Gusher, but didn't want to keep the old one going with replies so I am posting it here, too.

quote=AnnieA]Bill: Why would they want to encourage attachments vs using the uploader? Is there some disadvantage to the uploader? Wouldn't they just say so if that's what they wanted? Just curious, because I don't see why one or the other would be preferable. Perhaps it's easier for folks on dialup to see the image in the thread as a thumbnail (what the attachment feature does, as I understand it) and then clicking to see the full size in a new window, but frankly, I don't seem to notice the threads with lots of images themselves loading much faster that way.

Well, Annie, I'm not sure about why, but I draw this conclustion from the following statement that comes just before the browse button in the uploader window:

NOTE: It is *MUCH* easier to use the file attachment feature of the forums. You can attach a single image to your posts by using the attachment feature on the posting form.

I might speculate that the reasoning is that the manage attachments feature allows you to simultaneously specify up to 5 images to upload at once and you can go back and edit them if you choose.

Personally, I did find it easier than using the uploader and the results are fairly comparable IF the user options for viewing posts is set to display attachments as inline images without having to click on them.

However, at least for me, the display thumbs as inline image feature will not change when I edit and save my options. Bug? I don't know.

As for the welcome page, I have to confess that I realized what you were talking about then all you know what broke loose with the site and I never got back to it. I had always wondered why that was that way as well, but simply clicked on OP and got the listing of all the subforums. My apologies for getting distracted and forgetting to get back to you, Annie!

The good new is, I can go where I could not go before today!! At least some places I was locked out of I have checked and accessed.

That was the glitch that most worried me because Guides were having trouble accessing their own forums, like EP.

I think most of the other things will fall into place with a little time.

I am going to xpost this in the new Gusher in case it gets missed here.

BILL
[/QUOTE]

EP are you able to access your forums with your old account now??

At least the places I have checked so far are letting me in when I could get there before.

Hopefully, happy days are here again. I think the other glitches are minor compared to that.

Pat..Thanks for you PM's, and you have PULL with us, no matter what anybody else thinks! Get that show on the road and burden off your shoulders!!! I'm sure you will be glad when it's going.:clap: :clap:

Nice day, will check around some more after doing some HoneyDo's before Honey gets home from work (or you might be attending this guide's memorial service:eek: )

BILL

Scarefishcrow
06-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Well, some things are being fixed as we speak. The most important thing they are working on is the RIL and the uploader as well as giving access to some guides and mods who were locked out of forums. Patience everyone....

Pat

As we speak was right. Apparently we posted at the same time, Pat.

BILL:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

eyepaint
06-30-2008, 04:33 PM
The good new is, I can go where I could not go before today!! At least some places I was locked out of I have checked and accessed.

That was the glitch that most worried me because Guides were having trouble accessing their own forums, like EP.

EP are you able to access your forums with your old account now??

Yuppity yup. So pleased with that :) :) :)

Scarefishcrow
06-30-2008, 04:37 PM
I can even get into the Bug Report thread so I am on cloud nine. I know there are lots of other hurdles, but I was really worried about the lockouts if they could not be quickly fixed. So hip hip hooray for the admins and techies that pulled this rabbit out of the hat:clap: :clap:

Bill
:music: :heart: :heart: :music:

Pat Isaac
06-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Good news, EP. things are getting fixed...

Pat

Pat Isaac
06-30-2008, 04:42 PM
I could get in too...Yay.

Pat

AnnieA
06-30-2008, 08:11 PM
I'll post here instead of in last week's thread. Thanks to Pat and Bill for investigating that glitch with navigation that I noticed. And you're right, Pat, it's not at the top of the list, priority-wise, but it's still an important thing to get fixed.

Bill: No prob with not getting back to me on the navigation glitch. Everyone's had their hands full, I'm sure. I just wanted to bring it up again as it's important, imho, that newbies are able to see the full offerings of the OP Forum - we've got so many good informative threads available! Re: posting images: As long as I've been posting here, people have been telling me that the attachment feature is easier to use, but every time I tried, there was some weird problem and I went back to the uploader. I guess it may just be a question of what one is used to. You may be right that there's some kind of bug with the "display attachments as inline images," feature, since it appears that just about everyone is now posting thumbnails, and they weren't before.

One other thingie: In the main forums there's an apparent glitch in which the line that ordinarily indicates the date/time that a thread is posted is not fully showing up. Under the title of this thread, for instance, it says "Pat Isaac started: ," As you can see the date/time is missing. It seems to be a glitch across the site; it happens in other forums too. But that also is a minor thing compared to people not being able to access certain threads or areas of WC. I'm glad to hear there's been progress made on that front. This changeover was, I'm sure, a gargantuan task, and it's not surprising that there are things not working exactly right yet. I don't envy the WC staff and the IT people right now, but again send my thanks for all their efforts.

Scarefishcrow
06-30-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm sure, a gargantuan task, and it's not surprising that there are things not working exactly right yet. I don't envy the WC staff and the IT people right now, but again send my thanks for all their efforts.

That is a very important observation and one we need to keep reminding users about. My greatest worry was the lockout, but with that seeminly corrected we can move to provide users information on why things are problematic even though we might not know when they will get fixed. And I really would hate to have been in the admins and techies shoes with all the pressure placed on them in such a massive makeover. I think the fact that the interface seems relatively unchanged may fool some into thinking that major changes were made. It's somewhat like dropping a new motor and transmission in an old car. It might look the same but it sure won't drive the same.

Annie, I want to thank you for being so omnipresent and helpful to everyone. I really appreciate that even more now that I'm starting to feel my way around blindly in the guide department. Truth is we have many wonderful "guides" in this forum whether they are called that or not and you are certainly one I think that pertains to. But there are a number of others and I hope they all realize how much the success of the forum is not dependant on just mods and guides but all the great members that contribute time, knowledge, advice and congeniality!

A blanket thanks to all those in the forum that contribute to our success.

Bill

Pat Isaac
07-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Thanks, Bill for reiterating that we have a great forum and there are many who contribute to it's success.:clap: to all of you.

Pat

Pat Isaac
07-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Woohoo.....the uploader is working.

Pat

Shirl Parker
07-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Now, that's more like it!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2008/113427-CCF06302008_00002.jpg

eyepaint
07-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Yay!

Scarefishcrow
07-01-2008, 12:17 PM
I just felt it in my bones that if we could get past the lockout problem that the dominoes would start to fall into place. Shirl, I'm glad you didn't have to stop uploading pics.

And Pat, if there were not so many wonderful, helpful folks that contribute to a fabulous forum I really would have been afraid of taking on the job of guide and I know you would be overwhelmed as moderator.

The titles are not the significant thing, it is the users that make the forum a success and I, for one, hope to never lose sight of that!

Bill

Shirl Parker
07-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Now it would be nice to get back the dates that a thread was started in the listing in the forum. We can see who started it, and the date and time of the last post, but not the original starting date of the thread.

Pat Isaac
07-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Wow! Look at that image....they made the requirements larger.

Pat

Shirl Parker
07-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes, 800x800 and while it says it will do the resizing for you when the picture is bigger than that, there seems to be a glitch in it actually doing it. It leaves you hanging waiting for the image to click on.

Pat Isaac
07-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Well, I hung my show this morning and it is all up. I have pictures of the gallery still in camera which I will download and show you. Next week is the opening and I'll have more pics.
Couldn't get into WC through my email, had to access the page itself.
However, the glitches are getting fixed.

Pat

Scarefishcrow
07-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Pat,
Congrats on getting your show hung! I bet that is a real weight off your shoulders! Now you can relax with the seamless transition we have had to the new system, kick back and enjoy! :evil: (Sorry, I couldn't resist a tiny bit of sarcasm!)

Shirl, love your BIG CAT! Maybe we shouldn't point out that glitch!

I know things are frustrating, but I think real progress is being made and I really wouldn't want to be in the admins and techs shoes with all the pressure they must be under!!

I feel really optimistic that, with a bit of patience and time, that the bug swatters will make continuous progress. One thing to remember is that the last few months the system wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders either, and we kept having these frustrating ups and downs. I have a feeling that at least once something gets fixed now, it should stay fixed rather than creep back in. This is all IMHO.

I'm excited and looking forward to seeing what changes we discover under the hood and out of sight right now.

I want to get things fixed so I can spend my time doing what really counts, making incredibly bad puns and stupid jokes!! (Ooops, probably not in my job description!)

:lol:

Bill

Pat Isaac
07-01-2008, 03:28 PM
:lol: definitely part of the job description.....whatever would the fat gull do???:lol:

Pat

Shirl Parker
07-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Bill, the big cat was not part of the glitch. It met the 800x800 size requirement and came up like a champ.

Scarefishcrow
07-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Bill, the big cat was not part of the glitch. It met the 800x800 size requirement and came up like a champ.

FANTASTIC. I guess I didn't realize that the size limits had been increased. That is wonderful because it is sometimes hard to really get a feeling for a work at the previous size limits.

Your cat looks very different now than when at a smaller size!

Bill

Scarefishcrow
07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Sorry, but I just had to try the new upload size and see what they looked like! Here's my Homer look alike with a little progress from last time I posted it and my cat from the June challenge.

The uploader works great!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2008/108067-catboatsm.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2008/108067-catsmall.jpg

Bill

eyepaint
07-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Ok let me give the uploader a try. It worked for me this morning, and now it hasn't been cooperating.

Nope. Nuthin. Back to the manage attachments for me. See you in the sketch thread.

Cheers,

Pat Isaac
07-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Awesome, Bill. Love that size.

Pat

Scarefishcrow
07-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Ok let me give the uploader a try. It worked for me this morning, and now it hasn't been cooperating.

Nope. Nuthin. Back to the manage attachments for me. See you in the sketch thread.

Cheers,

EP, Are you resizing your images before trying the uploader? I ran into the same problem Shirl had with it not resizing.

Second, are you using the icon on the text box vs. the quick link. I guess you must be since I just checked and there is no more quick link.

Bill

eyepaint
07-01-2008, 05:02 PM
oops... testing... :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2008/96240-IMGP4299.jpg

Pat Isaac
07-01-2008, 05:04 PM
aha, there it is. I just checked and there is no more quick link.

Pat

Scarefishcrow
07-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Bravo, EP!!

Things might be a little rocky at the outset, but when they get the uploader allowing us larger images it is worth the wait, IMHO. The new size is going to make it so much easier to assess images of works, I think.

Bill

eyepaint
07-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Bill - thank you. But I had to do some extra steps ...

follow the usual method (click mountain icon, browse to image, click upload, click the image that it will upload...)

and then

right-click on the image that it says it'll upload, get the URL, copy that, and paste that into the edit box with the and tags then we're sailing.

And yes, I have resized my image first.

Cheers,

Scarefishcrow
07-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Bill - thank you. But I had to do some extra steps ...

follow the usual method (click mountain icon, browse to image, click upload, click the image that it will upload...)

and then

right-click on the image that it says it'll upload, get the URL, copy that, and paste that into the edit box with the and tags then we're sailing.

And yes, I have resized my image first.

Cheers,

Curious. As long as I have worked with computers I don't think I will ever completely understand them~~

Let's hope it is a gremlin that mysteriously goes away. Perhaps??

Bill

eyepaint
07-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Indeed!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2008/96240-IMGP4321.JPG

And it has gone the way of the DoDo bird.

Yippee!!!!

Cheers,

Scarefishcrow
07-01-2008, 08:32 PM
:clap: :clap:

EP..Maybe the uploader has some hangup about the color blue:lol: :lol:

I should talk. For months I had trouble with the uploader when nobody else did. At least I don't feel like I'm crazy anymore since somebody else that's been around longer than I have has suffered from mysterious gremlins!!!

EP..I really enjoy your work and attitude. You seem to be like me; why can't we have fun while still being serious about art? Thirty one years in academia and I never got over how so many professors took themselves so overly serious and lost sight of the bigger picture of the world around them.

You know, I was trained as a biologist and after I started reading about art and learning things from art I startted seeing things in nature I never noticed before even though as a scientist observation should have been paramount. I really began to realize how sad it is that people do not realize how much art can be a vehicle to teach kids about math, science, philosophy, etc. without them even realizing it. It touches so many areas of knowlege from life to physical sciences, social sciences, humanities, history and yet it just doesn't seem to occur to people how much art could be a fun way to get concepts to kids they might find tedious otherwised.

Okay.. Philosophical Diatribe alert. Got to stop.

I'm glad you spend a lot of time here as well as your own guide forum. I don't know much about what you do over there, but if you ever need someone to check on things for you I'd be glad to do what I can.

I'm really pumped that things seem to be comming together!

These are exciting times for me.

Bill

eyepaint
07-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Bill - thank you :) I was trained as a chemist. At one job out of university I would act a little silly just to keep sane. The senior research fellow, who walked around with a permanent scowl, would tell me that I clearly don't appreciate the seriousness of the work. I think he might have forgotten how to have fun and didn't appreciate those of us who have fun :)

Cheers,

eyepaint
07-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Speaking of fun, I'm delighted to announce that my first children's story will be published this fall in a compilation book of stories about holidays. It's a fundraiser for community literacy projects. Now that I've seen the page layout proofs I'm getting super excited about seeing the published book in September :) :) :) If you want more info about the publisher, etc., please send me a PM.

Cheers,

Scarefishcrow
07-01-2008, 09:45 PM
EP..That is FABULOUS. I'm so thrilled for you! And for a good cause, too. You know, I don't ever really care if I ever sell a painting. Somewhere I saw someone define "good art" as art that sells. IMHO, that is an awfully depressing viewpoint. Of course you need to sell art if that is how you make your living, but I have seen art that cost a fortune I wouldn't have if you gave it to me!

To me, it's more about making something that I feel good about. And I have to confess, the yellow cat from the June challenge is the first time I kept looking at a piece I did, flaws and all, and thinking "I really like that. And I didn't really think I could make something that came out as well as it did." That felt good no matter what anyone else thought. I could never do what you do, but I think it is cool.

My hat is off to you on the book! You know, I'm starting to realize that art is like music. Just because you do it as a profession doesn't mean you are better than those that don't, and just because you don't doesn't mean your aren't just as good as many who are professionals.

In some ways I came to OP by pure serendipity and really like other media as well. However, the versatility of it combined with the fact that so many people don't realize how versatile it is and think of it as a kid's crayon really fires me up to do whatever we can to get the point accross that there are some incredibly talented artists doing amazing things with OP.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2008/108067-j0297052.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2008/108067-j0354410.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2008/108067-AG00373_.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2008/108067-j0354705.gif

Pat's got all the good "WooHoo's", so this will have to do for a celebration.

BILL

Pat Isaac
07-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Who says we can't have fun. Here's to you EP.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2008/35760-81895-33616-32965-woohoo-dancingtext.gif
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2008/35760-dancing-woohoo-goldblack.gif

Pat

Pat Isaac
07-02-2008, 02:19 PM
As promised here are some pictures of my show. I will take more at the opening next week. The windows in the room presented a small problem with photographing so they are not as clear as they might be.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2008/35760-back_wallPratt.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2008/35760-side_wallpratt.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2008/35760-sidewall1Pratt.jpg
I'l put the rest in another post.

Pat

Pat Isaac
07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Here are some more.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2008/35760-sidewall2Pratt.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2008/35760-otherwallPratt.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2008/35760-otherwall1Pratt.jpg

Pat

eyepaint
07-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Bill and Pat - thank you :)

Pat - your pieces look so fantastic all framed and hanging like that. I have to say my favourites are all the boat pieces :)

Scarefishcrow
07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Who says we can't have fun. Here's to you EP.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2008/35760-81895-33616-32965-woohoo-dancingtext.gif
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2008/35760-dancing-woohoo-goldblack.gif

Pat

Not only can we have fun Pat, but life is far too short to do anything serious and not be able to laugh at yourself or with somebody else occasionally. I remember the old Reader's Digest column, "Laughter is the best medicine!" Sometimes humor is the best way to deal with potentially frustrating situations.

I have to confess, I covet your collection of Woo Hoos!! Mods have all the fun stuff!:envy: :lol:

Bill

Peiwend
07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Great job, Pat! They look lovely framed and are beautifully presented.

Hi Bill, from PEI.

____________________________Wendell

Scarefishcrow
07-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Great job, Pat! They look lovely framed and are beautifully presented.

Hi Bill, from PEI.

____________________________Wendell

Hi back at you. Nice to be back! Hope the voles and fruit flies aren't too bad!!:lol:

Did you get your big oils finished you were working on?

Bill

Pat Isaac
07-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks, everyone. You could steal the woohoos, Bill.:evil:

Pat

Peiwend
07-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi Bill. I finished six of the large oils and the others are almost done. The six are framed and in the galleries. I also finished, framed and consigned four soft pastels and am working on several more. I've also started a few oil pastels and look forward to working on them. I haven't had time to post much but have been lurking. The pressure should soon be off, hopefully.

I think the crows and foxes took care of the voles but the goutweed is fluorishing!

______________________________Wendell

Pat Isaac
07-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh well, there is always something....:lol: We are going to black fly country over the weekend. :eek: I hope they have run their cycle.
Glad your paintings are finished, sure sounds like a busy time. Having prepared for this show, I understand.
Looking forward to seeing some of your OPs.

Pat

Scarefishcrow
07-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks, everyone. You could steal the woohoos, Bill.:evil:

Pat
I already did. :evil: Wonder where you got them??:rolleyes: :angel: :angel:
Bill

Scarefishcrow
07-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi Bill. I finished six of the large oils and the others are almost done. The six are framed and in the galleries. I also finished, framed and consigned four soft pastels and am working on several more. I've also started a few oil pastels and look forward to working on them. I haven't had time to post much but have been lurking. The pressure should soon be off, hopefully.

I think the crows and foxes took care of the voles but the goutweed is fluorishing!

______________________________Wendell

I figured you had been busy considering the stack of "motivations" you probably have on your desk waiting to be dealt with!:lol:

I was gone for a month with only sporadic access and missed seeing you and everyone. I really don't understand how I ever found time to work as there is so much to do retired. (Particularly now that I have this HARSH TASKMASTER of a moderator that makes you look like Little Lord Fauntleroy (and no I'm not painting a 1/2 size copy of "School of Athens"):lol: :lol:

Seriously, it is great working closely with Pat; she's a doll and I'm a wimp!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm still working on Homer and a couple of other things. Goes slower working big. Can't slap em' out in an hour like those little bitty ones sometimes.:o

Bill

Pat Isaac
07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
What? What? a taskmaster....fie on thee.....and no wimp art thou...

I stole them too.....:lol: :evil:

Pat

AnnieA
07-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Annie, I want to thank you for being so omnipresent and helpful to everyone. I really appreciate that even more now that I'm starting to feel my way around blindly in the guide department. Truth is we have many wonderful "guides" in this forum whether they are called that or not and you are certainly one I think that pertains to. But there are a number of others and I hope they all realize how much the success of the forum is not dependant on just mods and guides but all the great members that contribute time, knowledge, advice and congeniality!

A blanket thanks to all those in the forum that contribute to our success.

Bill
Awww, thanks, Bill! In all honesty though, the guide position carries a lot of responsibility and I'm just glad I can put my two cents in now and then without having to be here. You seem a natural for the position so the forum is lucky that you decided to take it. :) You're right that this forum seems especially congenial. As in a business, the tone of the place generally starts at the top, so I guess we have Pat to thank for that, and you're continuing the tradition! :)

I intended this to be a longer post, with replies to everybody, but the computer gremlins are feeling restless, so I'm gonna sign off and return later. Pat - I took a quick peek at your show pictures. Gorgeous! :clap: I want to hear how that opening goes...back soon.

Scarefishcrow
07-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Awww, thanks, Bill! In all honesty though, the guide position carries a lot of responsibility and I'm just glad I can put my two cents in now and then without having to be here. You seem a natural for the position so the forum is lucky that you decided to take it. :) You're right that this forum seems especially congenial. As in a business, the tone of the place generally starts at the top, so I guess we have Pat to thank for that, and you're continuing the tradition! :)

I intended this to be a longer post, with replies to everybody, but the computer gremlins are feeling restless, so I'm gonna sign off and return later. Pat - I took a quick peek at your show pictures. Gorgeous! :clap: I want to hear how that opening goes...back soon.

You are far to modest, Annie. And I consider it an honor have so many great friends in this forum that really do make the guide responsibility much less onerus than it sounds. In a sense we are all guides helping each other find answers.

Bill

Pat Isaac
07-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks, Annie. I'll be sure and post the opening. We are off to my sister's in Vermont later this morning and my sister from NY is also going to be there. A mini family get together. The forum will be in capable hands and I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll be back on Monday. I may actually be able to access the forums from my sister's, but she has dial up and the computer is very slow. I'll stop in if I can.

Pat http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jul-2008/35760-firewk6.gif

Scarefishcrow
07-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks, Annie. I'll be sure and post the opening. We are off to my sister's in Vermont later this morning and my sister from NY is also going to be there. A mini family get together. The forum will be in capable hands and I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll be back on Monday. I may actually be able to access the forums from my sister's, but she has dial up and the computer is very slow. I'll stop in if I can.

Pat http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jul-2008/35760-firewk6.gif

Capable hands?? I thought you wanted me to look in on things??:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure, as soon as I steal your old YooHoo's, you have to show off with flashy fireworks display. Shameless, Pat, shameless!:p :lol:

Now if I can just keep Ed from trying to entice me into another palace coup like he did when I started the Gusher last time.....

Have a great trip and relax, Pat. With the stress of the show and trying to help swat the bug plague, you deserve a break!!

Bill

Scarefishcrow
07-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Pat, Kinda lonely here in the forum. Everyone out, as they should be, enjoying the holiday weekend! It sort of reminds me of walking the quite, mostly deserted hallways at school whenever there was a break. Sort of bittersweet...nice to relax, but somehow you miss the hustle and bustle of activity. Cool here, today. Wife went to Minneapolis yesterday to pick up my stepdaughter comming in from Cancun. They will be back here today and her birthday is this weekend, so will be nice to see her.

Hope you have some time to relax and recharg your batteries.

Bill
:music: :heart: :music:

Peiwend
07-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi Bill and all,

Happy Fourth of July! We had Canada Day on July 1. Most of the summer residents are back in my village and there are lots of tourists. It's nice to see the mix of Canadian and American flags today.

It's sunny and warm (mid seventies Fahrenheit or low twenties Celsius) and the beaches around are gorgeous.

_____________________________Wendell

Scarefishcrow
07-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Great to hear from you, Wendell. I hope your many pesky organisms are under control!

Belated Happy Canada Day!!!
Bill