PDA

View Full Version : need chat help!

reeta
06-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi everyone,
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, (I don't think it is, but I couldn't find anywhere else) but I am having trouble getting into chat . Is there somewhere where I can login? I am finding all of the instructions but no where that lets me enter.
Thanks,
Reeta

Scarefishcrow
06-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone,
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, (I don't think it is, but I couldn't find anywhere else) but I am having trouble getting into chat . Is there somewhere where I can login? I am finding all of the instructions but no where that lets me enter.
Thanks,
Reeta

Reeta..The best place for questions like this is in the OP Talk forum. I will ask Pat to move the thread there.

The Chat system has been revamped and uses new software. I haven't used it, but I did find where to login.

If you look at the top of the page, just under the WC! logo, you will see a dark blue bar with drop down menus.

Click on "Tools" and select "Chat Live". This will initialize the chat system. It logged me in as guest and when I logged out I got a login screen that allowed input of username and password.

If you need anymore help, just ask in this thread and I will try and help you firgue things out. With the migration to the new system there will inevitably be minor problems and some confusion since some things have been revamped. The chat software is one of the major changes that was implemented so you may have to do some things differently.

Hope this helps.

BILL

Pat Isaac
06-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi Reeta, I moved your thread over here to the talk forum. I haven't used the chat feature, but I do know they have new software for it now and Bill pointed you in the right direction. There are still a few bugs and glitches in the new system.

Pat

reeta
06-29-2008, 02:52 PM
thanks bill and Pat,
I did get to chat live (from the tools section) and I get into a room as a test guest, but it doesn't allow me to log in. when I log out as test guest nothing happens. any ideas?
Thanks,
reeta

Scarefishcrow
06-29-2008, 03:17 PM
thanks bill and Pat,
I did get to chat live (from the tools section) and I get into a room as a test guest, but it doesn't allow me to log in. when I log out as test guest nothing happens. any ideas?
Thanks,
reeta

I had the same problem and don't know whether the chat system is up and running correctly yet. I will pass on a message to Pat to check with the Administrators.

Hopefully will get back to you.

Bill

Scarefishcrow
06-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Reeta,

After a bit of snooping around, I seem to have discovered that the Chat system is not completely up and running yet and others get to the same place as we did. I can only suggest that we be patient as the inevitable glitches in such a massive system transition are discovered and worked out. Thanks for your interest and patience! Even Mods and Guides are experiencing glitches and access problems so you are not alone!

Hang in there with us!

Bill

reeta
06-30-2008, 09:51 PM
thanks bill,
I'll try again later next month.
Reeta

Scarefishcrow
06-30-2008, 11:51 PM
thanks bill,
I'll try again later next month.
Reeta

Reeta, Thanks for being patient. Things may look the same but there have been lots of changes under the hood that may not show and things are starting to fall into place.

BILL
:music: :heart: :heart: :music:

Scarefishcrow
07-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Reeta,

Sent you a PM also, but wanted to let you know that the Chat Room is back online. They have switched to a different software client, so there may be some operational differences. I don't use the Chat, so I am not that familiar with it. However, wanted to let you know it is back online and apparently working.

Bill:thumbsup: