PDA

View Full Version : wc project(s) entry

monster princess
07-15-2002, 08:17 PM
You all know I've already confessed my bead ADD affliction. I really thought that Beth's cool summer colors project would help the condition. So I decided to use coral, lemon yellow and black to make some beads. First I dilly dallied and made stringer and lattacino and twisted cane. Then came the beadmaking. Bead 1 is a twisted heart - see the dilemna starting? Bead 2 uses the base colors, some dichro and a touch of uranium glass for an eerie glow under a black light - sort of a solar system galaxy type bead. Bead 3 has some copper foil imbedded behind the flowers. I only had stained glass foil and the giant flame as the glue burned away was a surprise. Almost a 'Hey y'all, watch this' moment. That may be what inspired the flames on Bead 5. Bead 4 is really and end of day bead and of course there were some actual project entry beads in between. If only I had done a crackle bead I would have completed all of the projects with one entry. Well, I could count the lattacino heart that cracked as I took it off the mandrel as a crackle bead.

For reference, the twisted heart is 22mm hole to hole and 25mm top to bottom.

Betsy

wildfirelauri
07-15-2002, 08:21 PM
OK, Betsy, I think you're having too much fun! Great work. Fun, hot summer colors with great designs!

TeAnne
07-15-2002, 08:39 PM
WOW, those colours do work very well together. Yummy :D

mistymade
07-15-2002, 08:46 PM
Great job Betsy! I love the coral and yellow combo!
Misty

MarySarah
07-15-2002, 09:02 PM
Betsy, those are very nice beads! I like the way the aren't the same but still go together. And the colors remind me of sherbet :)

Nice job!

Cheers,
Mary

ValorieCox
07-15-2002, 09:05 PM
Betsy,
You are too funny! Ok, we'll consider your homework done, all your project complete...now you can do whatever you want in your free time.;)

Best, Valorie

Nice beads by the way!

Lenda
07-15-2002, 09:20 PM
Hey Betsy, the colors in your beads are wonderful, remind me of sunset over Florida Bay with a storm cloud to the left side. Congrats on covering ALL of the projects in one fell swoop!! You're way ahead of me-

Lenda:D

Nonie
07-15-2002, 10:05 PM
Very nice Betsy. I love the colors.

craftylady
07-15-2002, 11:05 PM
Betsy cool color combo. That works really well together. I think I will try that. The black light thing sounds kinda cool. Keep the pictures coming :clap: :clap: :clap:

monster princess
07-15-2002, 11:19 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. I did feel like a kid let out of detention when I quit using a limited palette and went back to my usual jumble of colors.

MarySarah, You've pinpointed my strong point. I'm consistently inconsistent.

Back in the land of chaos, here's a photo of my newest most favorite bead. I'm starting to get hooked on dichro.

Betsy

Ann*S
07-15-2002, 11:29 PM
Betsy,
You've been busy! All wonderful. Your favorite bead is my favorite also...love periwinkle with amethyst or whatever that glorious color is.
Ann:clap:

b2beads
07-15-2002, 11:50 PM
I love the flame bead (#5). Don't think of it as ADD, think of it as "efficient use of bead making time and materials"... B2

JodiPrice
07-16-2002, 02:08 AM
Very pretty summer set! Love the color combo. I also love the little bead in your tiny head!

:)

anasazistudios
07-16-2002, 08:17 AM
Betsy, what a great set and love the amethyst and periwinkle bead too!

Elizabeth

Kathy Champion
07-16-2002, 09:16 AM
Whew...a new member and already at the head of the class!!!

Welcome and thanks for sharing your beautiful beads. I love that floral with the dichro.

Kathy

Elankat
07-16-2002, 10:20 AM
Hi Betsy. You really should sign up for the project and upload your entries into the project system. For some hints about projects, please read this thread. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49918)

Hope this helps you. :D

cankeep
07-16-2002, 10:37 AM
Love that flame bead! Great effect!
The periwinkle/amethyst combo is a fav of mine too. So pretty together, and the glass is usually quite well behaved in the flame.
Lezlie

Miss Kate
07-21-2002, 10:36 AM
All I can say is - WOW!
Count me in as one of ADD crowd. My hubby keeps saying "now all you need to do is make some "sets", instead of these one of a kind beads".

Congrats on a great job!
Miss Kate:)

b2beads
07-21-2002, 10:59 AM
I have that same "set" problem...fortunately, many people like "unmatched" sets! I just can't seem to do the same exact thing over and over - and when I have to it's like pulling teeth...

B2

macbeth7
07-21-2002, 02:56 PM
Betsy, what can I say....wow, you rock! Nice beads too! :clap:

Beth

bluhealer
07-22-2002, 12:27 AM
All at once! Very nice!
Woo-hoo!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Carolyn

rightbrainbeads
07-22-2002, 12:44 PM
i love them too!! :clap:

about the bead ADD-- i'm pretty sure it's a teminal condition :D !!

lynne (who has two of david seckendorf's mandrel/rod organizers on her bench now, which means an even greater selection of glass at the ready ;) )

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-22-2002, 01:27 PM
I love your floral dichro bead.....the colors are a favorite of mine.
I think the thought of unmatched and one of the kinds is where it;s at ! ! ! ! !

Bobby