PDA

View Full Version : Bright Garden and my sunset demo @ PJ blog

Deborah Secor
06-28-2008, 06:12 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jun-2008/23609-RTX_280-_BrightGarden.jpg

This one is on R-tis-tx 280 board, 9x12", with a bright, fun Createx underpainting on it. I used a photo from the RIL but cropped and played with it a lot. Fun!

Comments welcome, as always.

Oh--and I wanted to point you to The Pastel Journal blog (http://pastelblog.artistsnetwork.com/Online+Pastel+Demo+With+Deborah+Secor.aspx)where there's a step-by-step of a sunset painting I did.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jun-2008/23609-Secor_Molten_Moment_12x18.jpg

Take a look at the larger images on my blog, which you can click below on my signature.

Deborah

David Patterson
06-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I just viewed the sunset blog Deborah...very good job!

David

Deborah Secor
06-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm pleased with it--thanks, David. Glad you enjoyed it!

Deborah

Scottyarthur
06-28-2008, 07:20 PM
I like the garden painting Deborah love the colors and massings, & the sunset is gorgeous.

BabyBeeb
06-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Wow! Those colors are heavenly!

chatfieldstudios
06-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Wow Deborah, such beautiful vibrant colors! Thanks for the link to the Pastel Journal blog....I didn't know it was there. Very cool:thumbsup:

Deborah Secor
06-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks, Scott. I had fun, fun, fun with the garden. Just one of my quickies, but it pleases me to play like that. In the sunset I really tried to stay loose yet carry it along to a point that's suggests a lot.

Brenda, thanks. I'm glad you like vibrant color, too!

Thanks, Cindy. The PJ blog is fun and informative. There's a lot there to enjoy.

Deborah

Mary Brigid
06-29-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi Deborah. I love the garden. The colours are so vibrant. I like your choice of green for the lawn area. It is so muted everything around it just sings.
The sunset is lovely. Thank you for the link to the PJ. I enjoyed it and learned from it.
Mary Brigid

Colorix
06-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Adore the clouds! Thank you for pointing us to the demo, I learned a lot from it.

Enid Goyers
06-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Deborah,

Your colors are so beautiful, they speak for themselves. Very simple but so much expression. I can watch both of your paintings for hours. I will surely come back and linger a while again.
Enid

edencompton
06-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Beautiful, Deborah! I love the colors and the movement. I really like the surface you're using there!

binkie
06-29-2008, 02:41 PM
The garden painting is lovely, but that sunset is fabulous!

binkie

IdahoHat
06-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Deborah - I really enjoyed the demo on PJ blog, as you are almost as expressive in writing as you are with your pastels. What rich colors and contrast! Love both paintings.

Tressa
06-29-2008, 08:55 PM
beautiful as always Deborah:clap:
Tressa

Deborah Secor
06-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Mary Brigid, thanks! I think the lawn color is a little more blue-green in real life, but not far off--it just looks a smidgen muted here (odd, in the face of all the other brights!) I like the contrast of the sea of lawn, giving a bit of rest from all the business.

You're welcome, Charlie!

Thank you, Enid. I'm glad you enjoy the paintings.

Eden, that R-tis-tx surface is nice. You can see the look of it better in the larger shot on my blog. It gives a rather painterly look to the strokes, I think.

Hey, binkie--thanks. The sunset was fun to do. I'd written the article about Marc Hanson's skies and at first I wanted to use some of his techniques, but pretty soon I just let go and made it with my own style! Funny how we can be so influenced by others. I love Marc's work!

Harriett, what a nice thing to say. Many thanks.

Thanks to you too, Tress!

Deborah

Jo Castillo
06-30-2008, 12:58 AM
Deborah, This is so wonderful. I love bright colors. This calls to me. :) Thanks for the link to the demo. Seeing how others work is inspiring to me.

pastel lover
06-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Hi Deborah,

Love both of your paintings, of course. I would like to comment on the garden. You have such a wonderful talent for taking a complicated subject & simplifing it just enough to have it read realistic & yet retain all its freshness & clarity! Wonderful. I don't know how you do it...but wonderful.

Tanja

rudiratlos44
06-30-2008, 03:43 AM
Hello Deborah,
I like the garden most, your choice of colors and your style. Absolutely worth seeing.
Regards
Rudi

Rose Baggs
06-30-2008, 09:17 AM
They are both wonderful paintings Deborah. I loved seeing the demo on the second one...Thanks!!!