PDA

View Full Version : Zebra Bead and Friends...

b2beads
07-15-2002, 06:49 PM
Well, my picture taking skills really reeked today. But, I have to leave soon for a meeting, so these'll have to do for now.

First is the new bicone I did last night a la zebra (hey, Anne, what's zebra in French?) His name is Ted, for no apparent reason.

I'll put a pic of Ted's friends in a separate post (as I haven't quite figured out the multi-pic in one post thing). I'll come back later and describe the how-to later (as requested in another thread), but feel free to ask about a specific one. I'm working on a giraffe pattern and a new and improved leopard...

B2

ValorieCox
07-15-2002, 06:51 PM
Beth,
Zebra indeed! Ted is glowing in his 'zebra-ness'. Can't wait to hear all the details!
Val

b2beads
07-15-2002, 06:52 PM
Here are Ted's old friends. They've been here before, but are making a repeat appearence by popular request (well, sort of...) There are some butterscotch tigers in this picture, but they don't show up too well. I guess my picture-taking skills reeked that day, too!

B2

Carol Saker
07-15-2002, 07:05 PM
Ted Rocks! :D

snooze
07-15-2002, 07:12 PM
Beth,
Ted and his friends are awesome!! I absolutely love those animal print beads!! Every single one makes me want to go on a photo safari. Totally great beads!! Can't wait for you helpful "how-tos". Oh, did I mention...I love those beads!!:clap:

b2beads
07-15-2002, 07:45 PM
Thanks, all. Ted's flattered. He's going to the meeting with me tonight :D

B2 (who apparently needs some REAL friends so she'll stop naming her beads...)

anasazistudios
07-15-2002, 07:51 PM
Beth, great zebra and I really like your animal print beads!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Elizabeth

BAM
07-15-2002, 07:53 PM
Hey, tell Ted not to flirt with the other zebra chicks at the meeting.
Ted's cooool.
Betty

Nonie
07-15-2002, 08:14 PM
Ted is fantastic and his friends are to die for. I NEED to learn to do this.

Mike E etc
07-15-2002, 08:20 PM
Love the zebra bead. Ted? I think I missed something as per usual.
Mike, still growing up, E

wildfirelauri
07-15-2002, 08:23 PM
Ted really wants to come and live at my house. Rocky has always wanted a pet zebra. :p

Great bead, BTW!

MarySarah
07-15-2002, 09:13 PM
Beth, I remember seeing Ted's friends in a post on ISGB and I immediately wrote to you because I wanted to buy them! I just love those beads (and Ted, too) :D You must not have gotten my email :crying:

They are great! Ted reminds me of some of Jim Smircich's beads (I am NOT trying to flatter you into selling the beads to me, I'm not!) Really. I just got Jim's booklet and so many of his beads are that shape with gravity-formed stripes, etc. You do a wonderful job! I'm striped with envy ;) (and lust for those beads!)

Cheers and I hope Ted & you have fun at the meeting!

Mary

P.S. I think it's cute that you name your beads.
P.P.S. I am NOT trying to flatter you into selling the beads to me!
P.P.P.S. Did it work?? :evil:

mistymade
07-15-2002, 09:18 PM
Awesome beads Beth! Ted is zebralicious! :D
Misty:)

Lori Robbins
07-15-2002, 09:23 PM
I like Ted and all his cronies!
Way to go Ma!

paulette
07-15-2002, 10:38 PM
I truly think my favorite beads are the animal prints. I love looking at them, the colors are comforting for some reason. I also love making them!

Great job Beth. Really super.:clap:

Paulette

craftylady
07-15-2002, 11:00 PM
I love the beads B2 .. I want instructions to all you are willing to give me :clap: :clap: :clap: I will be happy to have all the info you supply me with.
Thanks for the repost I love those beads. Thats what I cant do:crying: I will practice, practice, and practice some more if you do a how to.....Thanks "L"

Ann*S
07-15-2002, 11:03 PM
Beth...Gorgeous!...all of them. I think they are very sophisticated and I need to make some, which I haven't done in a long time.

b2beads
07-16-2002, 12:18 AM
Ted's blushing from all the propositions (no, Mike, you didn't miss anything, unless you call me randomly naming my beads for no apparent reason other than silliness, missing something). Ted's inspiration was a great picture of a zebra in the reference library! There's great stuff in there!

Lauri, Ted would like to meet Rocky, but I think he's afraid of poodle rats...

Laurie, I'll be happy to give you all the instructions, just got to get around to writing it up. They are all pretty "easy" (meant as only a few steps) and once you get the steps down they are highly repeatable (which is a quality I like in a bead - especially one that you keep getting repeat orders for). In fact, I make them when I'm low on inspiration or motivation. I know I can do them and they'll turn out reasonably well - usually.

Mary - oh, yes, I remember! Well, actually, all that is left of Ted's friends is the memory... They were shipped off to there new home soon after posing for the picture. It was a sad day for Ted (particularly since he did not exist yet - am I taking this Ted thing a little too far; hmm, probably...)

Instructions for Ted will be in another post. I put them in here, but it got REALLY long...

Ted would like me to thank everyone for him.

B2 :eek:

ValorieCox
07-16-2002, 12:25 AM
G'night Ted :)

Val

Shirley C.
07-16-2002, 12:51 AM
Hey, Beth, Ted is very cool. You can put him in my zoo any time you'd like!

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-16-2002, 12:51 AM
I love those animal print beads. I usually don't wear necklaces but would more than be willing to wear those styles. Besides they are my colors.
Bobby

JodiPrice
07-16-2002, 02:07 AM
B2,

That is so cool! I love the zebra stripes!

SPIglass
07-16-2002, 02:14 AM
Ted is gorgeous as well as his friends! GREAT JOB!! :D Keep those great pics comin'!