PDA

View Full Version : white charcoal ?

Ceci
06-28-2008, 04:18 AM
This might be a really stupid question:
I have a few real dark green colourfix paper. I need to transfer the drawing to it and black charcoal is impossible to see. I have heard some people use white charcoal but I cant find it here. I have seen it in the internet Derwent has it. Does anyone use another method, simpler so that I dont have to import the derwents ?.
Thanks
Ceci

*Deirdre*
06-28-2008, 07:08 AM
I have used white pastel...as taught by Dianna Ponting. Be sure to tape the reference in place over the drawing...add alignment marks for the lower edges. Then do a bit at a time...not the whole thing..as it might erase as you work it. But if properly done it works a treat this way!:D Hope that helps!

K Taylor-Green
06-28-2008, 09:54 AM
I use white charcoal to transfer onto dark paper. I think it is a bit softer than white pastel pencil.

Ceci
06-28-2008, 11:22 AM
thanks Deirdre, but white pastel is not giving me the effect I want.
k-tailor, can you give me the brand name of your white charcoal. ? I know this is what I want as I have seen other people use it, but cant find it in this island.
Ceci

K Taylor-Green
06-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Ceci, It is General brand, in a pencil form.

Ceci
06-28-2008, 03:25 PM
thanks Katherine, will see if they have it here, which I dont think so, will then import it.
Ceci

Bringer
06-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Hi,

Faber Castel has white pastel pencils, usually sold ina blister of two, I guess.
Like they sell the sanguine ones.
Or you can buy a pastel pencil by any other brand.

Kind regards,

Josť

Ceci
06-29-2008, 03:32 AM
thanks Jose, but faber castel pastel pencil is too hard.
ceci

Colorix
06-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Have you tried a really soft white pastel?

The old method of punsing (is that the right word?) works fine. If you sew, and have one of those little spiked wheels for transferring patterns to fabric, you can use that to perforate a drawing and rub white pastel dust through the holes onto the pastel paper.

Or find white *grease free* carbon paper.