PDA

View Full Version : Scott, WetCanvas & the Moderators

Laura Brito
07-15-2002, 02:29 PM
I was thinking guys at what a bunch of nice people are here at WetCanvas, they really have been so kind to all of us. I would like to have this thread to be a thanks to them, especially Scott, just think of all the neat features and work that has went into this site and we are fast becoming one of their larger groups here (if not already, I wonder about that).

I have another idea. I would like to propose that anyone who wants to thank them with something tangeable to send me a bead or item, depending on how many items I get, I iwll finish them into something like jewelry (or for Scott maybe a wine stopper or two, a keychain, etc...) and I will then picture them and make sure they each receive an item.

Let me know what everyone thinks about this, it would be a great way for us to show them we care, plus of course Scott always appreciate a donation to WetCanvas. But this way they can actually see our art.

Let me know!
Thanks
Laura

ValorieCox
07-15-2002, 03:18 PM
Laura, I think a tangeable object is a great idea, and appreciate you overseeing this. If you PM your address to me, I will send a nice bead along to you, to do with as you see appropriate for a thank you gift.

Yes, the donation is also a great contribution, for those who haven't already done so, it happens very quickly with Paypal, and we can 'give' whenever we have a little extra money in our account, as often as we wish!

Best, Valorie

glassdude
07-15-2002, 03:22 PM
Laura, if you'll PM me your address also, I'll send something...
This is a wonderful place that makes my heart sing!:music:
Jacqui

BAM
07-15-2002, 04:22 PM
Well my beads are newbie beads but, I think that your idea is great and I'd be glad to send a bead. Hey everyone needs a good laugh now and then right?

Actually Laura, you deserve some beads! You set this up for us and I want to thank-YOU! This is an awesome site.
Betty

Lori Robbins
07-15-2002, 04:23 PM
I have only been here a coupla days and I too would love to contribute. This place has already given me so much.

Psst, just found the charcoal people in another forum, LOVE THIS PLACE!

*Holds out her hand with her best bead to offer*

heading off to find the paypal thingy......

Mike E etc
07-15-2002, 04:56 PM
OK Laura,
PM your addy,
Mike E

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-15-2002, 06:55 PM
Thank you Laura

This is so grand ! ! !
How about an address so I can send something also?
I have really liked posting here and feeling more confident about moving around all the posts, I have been to some of the other sites and they are great. It's is nice to be able to view all of the arts.

Bobby

Laura Brito
07-15-2002, 07:05 PM
Ok I have emailed privately everyone above this post, I will use this as a marker so to say, if anyone wants to send a card to Scott or anything else (someone just sent me 4lbs of coffee from Hawaii as a thank you (a customer no less!!! It is so yummy), you never know what a person can contribute to this effort <grin>

Oh you guys give me to much credit, I am happy to help, I always have been and like it so much! hehe

Thank again!
Laura Brito

b2beads
07-15-2002, 07:39 PM
Oooh, one of Ted's friends would like to make the trip! PM me, too, if still taking beady donations. B2

Laura Brito
07-15-2002, 08:20 PM
Wrote you too! I will keep on sending the info to anyone who wants to join everyone in this!

Looking forward to giving something back!

Laura

MarySarah
07-15-2002, 09:09 PM
Laura, what a nice idea.

Gosh, I feel a little sorry for Scott, getting one of my newbie beads .... but I think it will help spur me to new heights (which ain't saying much!) so please count me in :p

Thanks, Laura ....

Mary

Lenda
07-15-2002, 09:57 PM
EEEE Gads, don't forget me. I REALLY feel sorry for Scott, he waded through all of my frantic emails, I couldn't log on, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE WHEN YOU CAN"T LOG ON TO WC, I'm sorry Scott, and thanks to Laura and all behind WC!

Lenda :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

kesinnott
07-16-2002, 12:24 AM
Hi Laura ~ Great idea. I was just thinking earlier this evening about how much I appreciate your efforts in this regard. Please PM your address to me, too! ~ Kathy S.

Ann*S
07-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Me too Laura.
Please include me.
Ann

Laura Brito
07-16-2002, 09:25 PM
Let me know if I missed anyone. I have pmed everyone now that has let me know they want to be part of this.

This is going to be a wonderful way to thank them all!

Thank you everyone who has joined up already! If you want to join now it is never to late!

Laura

Beaditudes
07-16-2002, 10:04 PM
me too--what do I need to do? I really like this site/forum & all the others!

mistymade
07-16-2002, 11:18 PM
Hi Laura, me too! When is the deadline? I was also wondering if our group is the largest on WC???
Misty:)

Laura Brito
07-17-2002, 02:20 AM
hehe, well yes I actually think we are the biggest forum here now (I would hate to say that and not be, but I think we are....) I know I have referred at least 200 people here, even if they didn't give me as the referrer when they signed up. I know alot of other have been referring too. So all in all, active posting members I think we have that in the can or bag, whichever you prefer! hehe

Looks like we are going to be able to do something very nice! It should be excellent!

Oh no real deadline, but I would like to wrap it up sometimes lets say in the next 3 to 4 weeks?

How does that sound?

Anyone else who would like to join please let me know!

Laura

cankeep
07-17-2002, 09:30 AM
I'd like to contribute a bead too! Any ideas of what style would work best? Small price to pay for being able to use this forum! I'm so bad I stop to check out new posts every time I take a break from the torch! All bead talk all the time! I'm in heaven!
Lezlie

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-17-2002, 02:09 PM
Lezlie......thats funny...this is my break time also and have to check just before bedtime. The problem is I like photos also and find myself in that section a lot. I'm going to have to wean myself off of this computer a little at a time. It may take my lifetime to do it but what the hey ! ! ! ! !

Bobby

Laura Brito
07-17-2002, 02:32 PM
Ok, got everyone covered in the messages above, if anyone didn't hear from me please let me know!

Laura

Mike E etc
07-18-2002, 10:02 AM
Laura,
I got a Colliding Galaxy in the mail for the WC effort. Plus there is a simple mushroom bead for you for your efforts here.
Mike E

Laura Brito
07-18-2002, 01:30 PM
Oh boy Mike! You are such a doll! I WILL LOVE THE BEAD you sent me! I have a nice collection, but mostly from trades! I really appreciate it! hehe, you can bribe me anyday with a bead!
hehe

Laura

Laura Brito
07-22-2002, 08:52 AM
Mike!! I got your wonderful Marble for this project! It is really LOVELY! It is perfect for our purposes! You did good!

Thank you so much!

Anyone else who wants in is welcome! Anyone else send in their bead or item yet? Just checking!

Laura

07-22-2002, 11:17 AM
Yup, count me in. :)

Shari

p.s. Thanks for putting this together--you are very thoughtful!

Laura Brito
07-22-2002, 05:17 PM
I pmed you my address Shari! If anyone else wants to join us that would be fine! I am sure we are going to be a big success! I am so pleased with the response!

Laura

snooze
07-22-2002, 05:32 PM
Thanks to you also Laura. Sorry I missed this thread earlier but I would love to send something (newbie as it may be). I have really enjoyed this board.:)
Sue

Laura Brito
07-22-2002, 07:05 PM
I know for a fact that we can use spacers if anyone is up to make some of those, maybe blue, purple or greens I think will mix with most, or ivory or black ones!

Laura

macbeth7
07-24-2002, 07:39 PM
Laura, I can't send beads...at least not my own...but I'd like to contribute something.

:cool:
Beth

Laura Brito
07-24-2002, 07:47 PM
Wow! Mike E sent in a marble that is just Gorgeous! Layers and layers! Very very nice!

Yesterday we got a wine stopper! WOW again I am so impressed, from White Hot Glass Works! I know that these items are going to impress! It is wonderful to see such care and thought put into these items! They are both a perfect fit!

Thank you both of your guys!

Laura

laughing glass beads
07-25-2002, 09:09 AM
I would love to send something also.

Glassy79
07-25-2002, 09:10 AM
I need an addy laura

Richard

Miss Kate
07-25-2002, 09:44 AM
Laura -
I would love to participate too! I really appreciate everyone who works on this board.

Let me know what you need!

Miss Kate

Laura Brito
07-25-2002, 10:32 AM
ok, I have pmed everyone on the list!

Wow, this is getting exciting!

Laura