PDA

View Full Version : Over the Top??

wildfirelauri
07-15-2002, 12:15 PM
I usually finish jewelry in a more subdued manner. Not sure what I was thinking with these. I think I like it...but then again, I wouldn't wear it. Heading for the Rosen Show this week. I won't be online as much, but will try to keep up with WC.

ValorieCox
07-15-2002, 12:24 PM
Lauri,
A beautiful necklace...nice balance and proportion. Yeah, a bit fancy for my state of attire (jeans and t-shirts mostly), but on a rare dress-up day, It'd grab it in a skinny second. You'll do great with it, I'm sure!

We'll took forward to hearing from you again upon your return, good luck!

Valorie

ELZbeads
07-15-2002, 12:29 PM
I'd wear those with jeans!!!! They are fabulous and don't be shy wearing them with whatever you have on......I wear my baroque pearls with jeans and a t-shirt.....If you've got great beads...flaunt them!!!:clap:

NewCreation
07-15-2002, 12:31 PM
OH Yeah! I'd wear those with jeans and a t-shirt for sure! I love flashy, fancy jewelry with understaed clothing. Then you can really see the jewelry. It is beayoootiful Lauri!

BAM
07-15-2002, 12:35 PM
Oooh, wonderful necklace.

Have a good trip. You had better find a way to keep up with the WC messages while you're gone or you'll just be completely overwhelmed when you get back. This boad is hoppin'!
Betty

MarySarah
07-15-2002, 12:37 PM
Lauri, that is a beautiful necklace! I might not wear it with jeans & a tee shirt but I would definitely wear it when going "out" (hey, when I put on anything other than jeans or khakis and a tee shirt, my kids always ask where I'm going, LOL)

Good luck at the show ...

Cheers!
Mary

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-15-2002, 12:46 PM
Lauri

What a great piece. I love the bead choice. WOW ! ! !

Bobby

meesh
07-15-2002, 12:46 PM
oh lauri!
those are MY colors!!! that necklace is AWESOME!!! i would wear it with anything. that includes naked dancing around the house! wowweee that is really really fabulous!!!

meesh
07-15-2002, 12:47 PM
and of course i would wear it with my fur pajamas, while riding my hot potato!!! :D

JavaGirlBT
07-15-2002, 12:54 PM
I love that necklace! Very nice job!
-Ellen:clap:

Modesto
07-15-2002, 01:01 PM
It is a very beautiful necklace!
I'm sure I would get lots of attention wearing your necklace while out on the town:D :eek: :D

b2beads
07-15-2002, 01:03 PM
That's fabulous, Lauri! I couldn't even come up with an appropriate sarcastic comment to go with it. I LOVE it. Please send it to Meesh so we can have her post a photograph wearing it while dancing naked. Now THAT would be art ;) OK, we'd settle for the a picture in the fur pajamas while riding the hot potato!

You're amazing, woman!

B2

Laura Brito
07-15-2002, 01:06 PM
It is very lovely! How neat! Hope you have a great show Lauri! It should be fun for you! Wish I was gong!

Laura

rightbrainbeads
07-15-2002, 01:19 PM
meesh, when you're done with it (i realize i might have to wait a long time :D ), can i wear it around?!!

lordy, lauri, that necklace rocks!! :clap:

lynne

Anne Londez
07-15-2002, 02:24 PM
Beautiful Lauri. I wish you luck for the show.
Anne

Kathy Champion
07-15-2002, 02:34 PM
That is beautiful! It would knock em dead with the basic little black dress/ or t-shirt!!!

Good luck with the show and thanks for sharing.

Kathy

macbeth7
07-15-2002, 03:14 PM
Wowee Lauri, I love it!! What else can I say?! :clap:

Beth

glassdude
07-15-2002, 03:19 PM
Really, really nice necklace Lauri! Is the Rosen show in Philadelphia??? If so, I'll try to get there and give you a South Jersey Hug for luck! :clap:
Jacqui

macbeth7
07-15-2002, 03:22 PM
Jacqui,

Can anyone with a resale # get into the Rosen show, or is it just for big wholesale buyers?

Beth

JodiPrice
07-15-2002, 03:34 PM
That is a stunning necklace!!! I would wear it with anything! Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it!

I need the inspiration to make myself some jewelry with my lampwork beads! Always end up selling what I make and not keeping anything for myself!

Would love to put a piece together as nice as yours!!!

Ann*S
07-15-2002, 03:40 PM
Lauri,
I think it's beautiful. Jeans with a white shirt, collar up and spread, unbutton an extra button..necklace on ....Fabulous!
Great job, as usual.
Ann

gnu
07-15-2002, 03:48 PM
Well I'd wear it in a heartbeat!!!! Anyway, what else could we expect with the name of wildfire???? :D
You'll find these colours would go woth anything... superb!!!!:clap: :clap:

anasazistudios
07-15-2002, 04:07 PM
Very nice work!!! :clap: :clap:

Elizabeth

Lori Robbins
07-15-2002, 04:15 PM
It's all that AND a bag of chips!
Jeans would be a great accessory to that necklace ;)

Carol Saker
07-15-2002, 06:21 PM
Lauri that is a pat yourself on the back HARD necklace! What a gorgeous piece. Definitely could be worn with jeans and either a simple white or black shirt. AWESOME!!

Carol

AMR GlassWorks
07-15-2002, 06:47 PM
What a great necklace!!!! Beautiful colors!! Harold your too funny but hey, at least it would match your hair color!!:D

wildfirelauri
07-15-2002, 08:09 PM
You guys are too much. What a nice response to the necklace..I think it's fine with jeans..it's just not my style. But I'm glad others appreciate it. I'm starting another thread I'll call "Over the Top II." I'll re-show a favorite that I shared before this board REALLY took off....

Jaqui, I don't know much about the Rosen Show. This will be my first visit. Yes, it is in Philidelphia. I'll be in the Remschneider Glass booth. So if you get a chance to visit, I'd love to meet you.

mistymade
07-15-2002, 09:32 PM
Lauri, Beautiful necklace and have fun at the show!!!
Misty:D

DonnaB
07-15-2002, 10:00 PM
It is an extremely versatile piece. It could go with a conservative suit and pumps to work, and then with jeans, t shirt, jacket and boots on the weekend. Or a long flowing solid-colored silk dress and with sandals. It could go out to a club with the little black dress. I just love pieces that are versatile like this. I keep seeing it on a business woman who must dress conservatively for work, but she has this artistic side she needs to express. She has on a beige linen suit, cream silk shell, black leather pumps, long wavy brown hair and THIS necklace!

Shirley C.
07-16-2002, 01:01 AM
You wouldn't wear it, Lauri? Well hey, it's MY style for sure.

So can I have it? :D

I'll loan it out to Meesh for awhile - I wanna see it with the fur jammies.

Lauri, it's really beautiful - love the colors and textures, and it's a great design!

SPIglass
07-16-2002, 02:22 AM
Another gorgeous necklace! I just love the colors and the texture. So rich and elegant. Just lovely!

Elankat
07-16-2002, 10:36 AM
I think it's just gorgeous! :)