PDA

View Full Version : To Bee Or Not To Bee

OhThatGirl2001
07-15-2002, 05:04 AM
Here is a picture I took of some shata daisies. The bee ended up surprising me. Hence the focus being slightly off.

Lisa

P.S. Here's a lame question but I've noticed that the uploader limits the size of your photos to 150,000 bytes where here you can post an image 500x600 pixels. The 150,000 seems quite limiting. When resizing do you resize using "save for the web" with a lower quality image?

OhThatGirl2001
07-15-2002, 05:07 AM
Close-Up.

Lisa

geckonia
07-15-2002, 01:17 PM
Lisa,

These are great! The second one is incredible. I had no idea the center of a daisy was so dense!

RE images sizes. Not a lame Q. It took me a while to get my workflow together for this site. Yes, save for web is what I use. First I like to make a nice full res TIFF "master" for eventual printing. Then I chop that down for WC! and generate a jpeg (save for web) to post. I usually set jpeg compression to 65-85% to keep it under 150k. (Or tell the save for web dialog to compress to under 140k for me) I don't think my images suffer at 65% at all. I can always open the nice clean/tinted/whatever master tiff I first made and generate another jpeg if WC! ever changes back to 600X600.

I hope that helps and I haven't insulted your intelligence :D

MissMouse
07-15-2002, 01:54 PM
Great daisy and bee. I love to take photos of bees.

Geck gives good advice. I use photoshop on a PC and save all photos for WC at a medium resolution in JPG format. I use the Save As option and when the window pops up asking me to choose resolution I choose 8 depending on the picture, sometimes I have to go down to 7. I also save a clean copy in a file but do not work in tif unless it is for a commission piece, or something I am going to sell prints of.

I hope this helps I am not too good at explaining things.

onefromheaven
07-15-2002, 02:03 PM
Hi Lisa, great shots........I had the same thing happen the other day with a bee surprising me (my camera dosen't do close ups like this .......tho I still try) the funny thing was that then a hornet showed up at the same flower and the bee and the hornet went at it.......it was like the WWF (Winged Wrestling Federation) :D .......even tho he was smaller the hornet won out in the end.

MissMouse
07-15-2002, 02:33 PM
"WWF Winged Wrestling Federation" I like tht Koko made me smile........

OhThatGirl2001
07-16-2002, 01:15 AM
Thanks gekonia and Miss Mouse... You've definetly not insulted my intelligence. I post retouch photos over at www.retouchpro.com and save for web. I just wasn't sure whether a lower res image was good to post here. I appreciate the tips. I'm still pretty new at this.

Lisa

Gateboy
07-16-2002, 12:02 PM
Great shots lisa, the bee is perfectly positioned in the second shot. MM and geck have given you good advice on the image size thing.

I just noticed that you wink in your Tinyhead, that's really cool, is it new?

OhThatGirl2001
07-16-2002, 01:43 PM
The wink isn't new. My buddies over at retouchpro made the winking icon for me. I think it's kinda neat.

;)