PDA

View Full Version : Donation recipients needed for Wallis Archival Sanded Paper

Kitty Wallis
06-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Wallis Papers would like you to identify some of your favorite art instructors and art programs that you think would be a good fit for donations of our materials. During our quality control process we reject paper for sale, often for very small flaws. While this paper might be perfectly suited for oil, acrylics, pastels and colored pencil, it's not salable in our retail channel.

We would greatly appreciate names and contact information of instructors or department heads you think might benefit from donations of a surface for oils, acrylics, pastels or colored pencils.

Kitty Wallis
[email protected]

Pat Isaac
06-15-2008, 05:27 PM
What a wonderful offer, Kitty. The South Shore Art Center in Cohasset, MA could use some as they offer many classes there. The administrator is Sarah Hannon, 119 Ripley Rd. Cohasset, MA 02025. 781-383-2787.
Also the North River Arts Society, 157 Old Main St., Marshfield Hills, MA 02051. 781-837-8091.
One of their featured instructors in pastel is Donna Rossetti-Bailey, 781-834-6820. email: [email protected]

Thanks, Pat

Shirl Parker
06-16-2008, 10:38 AM
The Brownsville Museum of Fine Art
660 E. Ringgold St
Brownsville, TX 78520
They have many classes for disadvantaged children in the Rio Grande valley and are desparately low on funds.

Thanks for anything you can offer them. Ask for Marcia Selsor and tell her Shirl Parker sent you.

Scarefishcrow
06-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Kitty, I wanted to thank you very much for your generous offer. I'm sure you will find many deserving art programs from our members. This is especially wornderful because so often art programs do not receive the kinds of resources that they need to do the kind of job they would like too!

Thanks again for your generosity!:clap: :angel:

BILL
:music: :heart: :heart: :music:

C_Line
06-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Hmm...this was posted in acrylics forum too but looks like it got deleted from there. I recommended this organization that focuses on sharing the gift of art instruction to under-privileged girls from inner-city schools here in Tulsa: http://www.tulsagirlsartschool.com/

Ask for Matt Moffett:

Tulsa Girls Art School Project
2202 E. Admiral Blvd.
Tulsa, OK 74110
Phone: 918.607.4955

Email: [email protected]

Kitty Wallis
06-17-2008, 03:46 PM
For those of you who may have tried that email address in my post...it's wrong. Here is the correct address.
[email protected]

Thank you for your help. I will be contacting these suggestions.