PDA

View Full Version : NanaB in show in OKC

IdahoHat
06-13-2008, 12:03 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Our Nana B is showing her paintings at the NorthPark Mall Artwalk and Wine Tasting in Oklahoma City today and tomorrow and there is a great article about her at this link:
http://www.edmondsun.com/arts/local_story_162210603.html
I am visiting my children in Oklahoma City this week and hope to get out to see the art show sometime today. Maybe I'll get to visit with Phyllis.

Deborah Secor
06-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Kewl article... Thanks for sharing. Hope the show goes well for Phyllis!
Deborah

Kathryn Wilson
06-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Remind her to take some photos - you too!!!

Bringer
06-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi,

Those are really good news, showing that one's effort can be compensated.
Now, getting visitors drunk:p to try to sell some art does seem a good idea:rolleyes:

Kind regards

Josť

Colorix
06-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Thank you Harriett, and a big Congratulations to Nana B

Lisa Fiore
06-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Yay for her!! I admire her work.:)

IMaybe
06-14-2008, 03:50 PM
:clap: :wave: this is wonderful! after a year and a half living an artful life and having partispation in a show!!! This is great, I hope she really enjoys it and does well. I enjoy seeing her art here on wc! So I know others will, too.

Dot Hoffman
06-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Hey, Phyllis.....this is just GREAT! Congratulations :wave:

Tressa
06-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Way to GO!!!!!:clap:
Tres

IdahoHat
06-14-2008, 08:14 PM
The show was wonderful, spreading out through the whole mall. There was a slight problem with the lighting on Friday that left some booths in partial darkness now and then (just the regular mall lighting which left a lot to be desired.) But, NanaB was set up in a plaza area with a wonderful skylight. Her work was awesome along with a number of other awesome artists. She and her husband were so very nice. We went right at the opening, so I don't know how the sales went. My daughter-in-law, an artist in her own right, was with me and we throoughly enjoyed the whole show and meeting NanaB.
Sorry, I didn't take my camera. :crying: Maybe Phyliss did.

nana b
06-15-2008, 12:15 AM
Idahohat, you are so sweet to promote me!! Thank you for your support:heart:

I was so happy to meet you and your daughter-in-law! You are very good people!!

I'm sorry to say that I didn't have any sales and they didn't give awards:eek: But, I don't feel bad because no one was selling! It was a great place and fine artist but people just weren't buying except for a few cheaper crafts and wine, of course:eek: .
There was a good Edmond artist that sold one painting I don't think he had his prices up enough and a few prints were sold. There also was two animal portrait artists that got good commisions I think. But there was wine flowing and really that's where the interest was. Pretty sad that most didn't take any more interest in the great artwork that was there. It was the first show there and it was not put together well. Almost everyone was upset! We had to find our own spot Thursday night, there was no welcoming booth to help you and not even artist name badges to wear. It went from there downhill.
But, this is the way I look at it....I had publicity in the newspaper and that's a good thing!
I met some fine artist and networked so all was not lost! I also think that situations like that is just part of it, kind of like "paying your dues" because nothing is free and it makes you appreciate the good times when they come.

Here is a few pictures.
Thanks for all the support, all of you!

nana

nana b
06-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Two more

David Patterson
06-15-2008, 02:24 AM
You're looking good Phyllis! Sorry things didn't turn out very well. Did Darrell sell his wood pieces?

David

nana b
06-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi David, thanks! Darrell wasn't actually showing his wood at this show but on Saturday the artist on each side of us wanted to see his stuff and so when he went home to check on the dogs he brought back the pieces you see on the table and sold four or five to the artist! So we made enough to cover costs of the show:D .

nana

Deborah Secor
06-15-2008, 11:26 AM
That's such a familiar thought, Phyllis--for years my (then) woodworker husband would support me as I did a show, then somebody would ask about his boxes, he'd bring 'a couple' over to the show and the artists would flock around and buy (or trade) with him!

Sorry you didn't sell anything but in a brand new show you usually have to just do time, don't you? In this crazy economy sales are iffy at best anyway. I've gone through two recessions as a working artist now, and it definitely separates the men from the boys (or should I say the women from the girls? :wink2: )

Your booth looks great, your art looks terrific hanging in it, and YOU look fantastic, too! It's a winning combination when you have people there willing to buy. I love seeing the little painting of the hillside and rocks framed on the table--love the frame. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Deborah

nana b
06-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Deborah, I appreciated your wonderful insiteful, complimentary comments! You know how it works and it does help to have a creative husband in his own rights there to back you up (35 years the 28th).
For some reason, I am not daunted one bit, though your comments and all the others here make me feel like I have a world of friends cheering me on and is giving me a warm fuzzy secure feeling :heart:.

Sincere thanks to all!!
nana

nvcricket
06-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Hi Phylis!

WOW you are on a roll! How great you have such a supportive husband. Did he get you your chair? Who needs name tags when you have that chair, great for name recognition! I also am a fan of yours! Do you have any juried shows in the area coming up? What I like about your set up is it isn't overbearing, the frames you are using are beautiful!

Congratulations on the exposure in the newspaper.

Carol

nana b
06-16-2008, 01:17 AM
Carol, thanks and yes he is very supportive! My very best friend (I worked with her for 25yrs) gave me that neat orange chair with my name on it! It is commfortable too! My husband made me the nice high wood chair! I love it also!
I found out today that my picture and award winnings are on the EAA site for the show I won the ribbons and money at last month. Here is the site if you want to look.
http://www.edmondart.org/ You will then click "recent activities" The picture underneath is not mine.

nana

klord
06-16-2008, 01:43 AM
Hi Nana,

Congratulations on all your activity! I look at a no sales event as frustrating, but non the less a good investment, as it does get your name out there and the networking possibilities are great. Your booth and art look beautiful, and I really like the pic of you and your husband!

nana b
06-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Kim, I can say that I don't regret the show. A learning experience to savor! Thank you for looking!!

nana