PDA

View Full Version : Felin Fach

Journeyman
06-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Managed to get out again today painting at a friends place. This is a painting of his Small Mill, Felin Fach in Welsh. Originally it was a grain mill but is now a workshop and retreat.
Following on from the advice I received on Blackpool Mill I used no white in the greens.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2008/95424-Felin_Fach..jpg
Thanks for looking :)
C&C as always very welcome.
:wave: Dave

DFGray
06-12-2008, 02:34 PM
those greens are working Dave

arachosia
06-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Man, for someone who is having trouble with green you sure pick scenes that are full of it. That's one way to get better, I suppose. I think your greens look better here overall. There is so much green in this scene that it would be very challenging to create the wide array of necessary greens, but you did an admirable job.

For your next painting, I might suggest trying a scene that isn't overwhelmingly green. I think most painters would struggle with a scene like this.

goldmudder
06-12-2008, 10:47 PM
If Wales is anything like my home area in NE PA(and I know that it is!), there is nothing but green and sky to paint right now, right Dave?:lol:

Journeyman
06-13-2008, 04:16 AM
Dan coming from someone with your talent Iíll believe you :) If the greens are working I have a lot of other problems in there :eek:
Thanks for the continued interest Arachosia, as Debbie has said Wales this time of year is just a sea of green, even down at the beach the cliff tops are a myriad of different greens which seem even more subtle than the trees! :) Finding buildings to brake things up a bit is my best bet :D Reflecting on what you have just said I need to sit down with the paints and experiment with mixing greens and recording the results on some sort of chart as well as trying to get them to harmonise on the canvas.

Cheers for now, :wave: Dave

edencompton
06-13-2008, 07:37 AM
I think you did a great jbb with mixing your greens in this Dave! Finding non-green subjects is definitely one of the challenges of summer, isn't it?

Journeyman
06-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Your right Eden until I go to sea Iím going to be stuck with coping with the greens! :) But then watch keeping and oil painting to not really mix :lol: Dave