PDA

View Full Version : Bright Summer Colors

b2beads
07-14-2002, 12:32 PM
Made these for the summer stretch project (also posted there). I picked coral and yellow for their color mixing potential. Here are some bright ones...

Link to project: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=241

B2

anasazistudios
07-14-2002, 12:33 PM
Ooooo delicious! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elizabeth

b2beads
07-14-2002, 12:34 PM
These didn't feel as "summery" to me, but I've gotten addicted to making these wavy bicones using only gravity to make the design - great practice for learning to read the heat. Still had to marver the ends of the bicone, but other than that, the rest was gravity. B2

MarySarah
07-14-2002, 12:41 PM
Beth, I love them all but especially the wavy bicone ... the colors really "pop" against the black! Pretty cool that you did all that with just gravity, too :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mary

macbeth7
07-14-2002, 01:55 PM
Beth, those are yummy...can I have them? :p I love both the brights & the ones with black...coolio wavy bicone! :clap:

Beth

Laura Brito
07-14-2002, 02:36 PM
Those are so yummy! I will post some new pictures of a necklace I did with similar colors!

Laura

It will be in the Reference Image Library.

ValorieCox
07-14-2002, 02:42 PM
Fantastic Beth! I love the bi-cone wavy...it's great. NIce colors too. I'm also enjoing the project you started. I choose the dark pink and transparent blue. They make a pretty purple when encased or blended, and I'm learning quite a bit from it all. Thanks for sharing these, always love to see your latest bead photos!

Best, Valorie:cat:

sandge
07-14-2002, 02:49 PM
Great colour combinations! The black makes it so dramatic, too! Wonderful! :D

Nonie
07-14-2002, 09:52 PM
Lucious B2. Those are perfect!

NewCreation
07-14-2002, 10:45 PM
I particularly love the wavy bicone too. I have been having fun with gravity a little too lately. I really believe that the lampworker's 2 best tools are patience and gravity!

Ann*S
07-14-2002, 11:21 PM
Beautiful!
I love the coral and yellow. I wouldn't have thought they would be that bright and that pretty. The wavy is very cool.
Great job. I had better get going on this one.
Ann

craftylady
07-14-2002, 11:26 PM
B2 you are so talented. I locve looking at your beads. I like them all. Keep up the good work:clap:

mistymade
07-15-2002, 12:30 AM
Awesome beads Beth! I love both sets, the first ones look like sherbert ice cream ~yummy~ and the wavy one is just too kewl! Love them!!! I would never had thought to use coral and yellow...I'm inspired!!!
Misty:D

kesinnott
07-15-2002, 01:12 AM
Ohhhh, I like the little one next to the large bicone! :) Kathy S.

b2beads
07-15-2002, 01:56 AM
Thanks all! I'm really having fun with the gravity bicones. I totally agree with Amy - you have to learn to use gravity, not work against it or "correct" for it. And patience - yikes, not one of my virtues, but I'm certainly learning it at least on the torch. And everytime I try and "rush" something, it goes downhill.

I highly recommend the wavy bicone exercise for anyone wanting to learn more about their flame. As long as you don't use black with red, you can see the stripes moving and it really helps you to understand where you need to be in the heat and how hot the bead needs to be to have the surface only "flow" and not whomp up the whole bead. I feel a project coming on....

Did a zebra print bicone using a variation on the wavy bead thing. I can't wait to see how it looks in the AM. (This time I'm NOT staying up all night waiting to see...)

Thanks again - I always appreciated feedback and constructive criticism!

B2

Carol Saker
07-15-2002, 02:39 AM
Beth those are deeelish! They look like the bucket of mixed sherbet in the ice-cream section. The wavy bi-cone is too cool. Keep up the good work!

Carol

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-15-2002, 02:46 AM
Beth great beads. I am going to have to re-think this project. Would have never thought those colors would work. I can't count how many times I have stayed up late to see what came out of the kiln. I don't do that anymore. Well not as much anyway ! ! !
Bobby

Mike E etc
07-15-2002, 08:01 AM
Beth, the wavy bi-cone does it for me:clap:
Mike E

craftylady
07-15-2002, 08:59 AM
B2 I would love to see your zebra print bicone. This is what got me into wanting to glass beads. I wanted to make my own animal print beads. Well that has really whipped my butt. I can not make an animal bead to save my life. I made one. It looked so good but that was all. I can not reproduce it so I cant wear it. there is only one and that one is so small.:crying: So if you have any helpful hints please send them my way. :confused:
"L"

b2beads
07-15-2002, 10:59 AM
The zebra did come out pretty good, though now I wish I'd cased it with a thin clear coat as I "cooked" the thing so long that it has, well, let's just say a slightly organic surface. I'm thinking about etching it...we'll see. I'll post the pic when I get one.

Regarding animal print beads, they've sort of become a "specialty" of mine. Let me know which type you are wanting help with and I'll be glad to post something. If I can find my animal print pic, I'll repost that here.

Thanks everyone!

B2

Hmm, couldn't find it right now, I'll see if I can locate it later... Maybe start an "animal print" thread. Was thinking of an animal print "project"....

craftylady
07-15-2002, 11:12 AM
B2 that would be great. I dont mind what animal print I would just like to make one. I will go for the easy one. LOL if that is possible... Thanks "L"

cankeep
07-15-2002, 01:16 PM
I hope I'm not breaking the Wet Canvas etiquette by posting a picture of my project here, but it seemed like a logical place to put it. I'm so used to the other forum where we'd all pile in and load our pictures on a thread.
Here's a picture of the beads I did for the Summer color project. I figured that since it looks like I'm the only one who picked coral and cobalt as their colors I'd post them here. Guess I do go to the beat of a different drummer! :D
I'm not sure if I quite went along with the project rules since I spread the techniques over a bunch of different beads, but I sort of "compose" with the beads and think of the effect of a set as a whole entity rather than as individual pieces.
I really hate the way the bicone came out. I tried silvered ivory on the coral part and it came out as a crappy ocher!
Lezlie

ValorieCox
07-15-2002, 01:22 PM
Lezlie,
Wow, I love your beads! I also choose the coral and blue for my project, however I only have 4 beads so far...better get to work! ;) Val

b2beads
07-15-2002, 01:24 PM
Lezlie - Yes, you played well with others :D Did you post to the actual project? That link is: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=241

Also, the actual project discussion thread (which might be more appropriate than this one so everyone can find your lovely beads!) is: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49866

I know, I still tend to like to put multiple pictures in one thread, if for no other reason this forum is growing so fast that a new thread disappears off the first page or two very quickly! But we'll adjust ;) Something about dogs and tricks...

Now, about those beads...they are great! Very summery feel! One of the reasons I picked the other two colors was I thought it would be easier to evoke "summer" in those (plus, I almost never use yellow, so it was a "stretch"...) I like the bicone, but I do see the ochre color you mention. I kinda like that, but it isn't a color reflected elsewhere in the beads. Gorgeous stuff as always! You followed the rules just fine! ;)

B2

BTW - is the larger round focal a hollow?

MarySarah
07-15-2002, 01:29 PM
Lezlie, I love those beads! The colors are gorgeous together. I see what you mean on the bicone but it's still really pretty. I love the big focal's swirlies.

Cheers!
Mary

anasazistudios
07-15-2002, 01:31 PM
Lezlie, very beautiful and definitely a lovely summery look!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Eizabeth

melanie
07-15-2002, 04:27 PM
Beautiful!

Ann*S
07-15-2002, 04:42 PM
Lezlie,
You make it look so easy...I know better! Beautiful! But, you always do beautiful beads so it probably is easy for you.
Ann

Carol Saker
07-15-2002, 06:12 PM
Leslie those are fantastic! The colors are perfect together and that bi-cone is gorgeous! Sorry, ...have to pull my self together..., I'm having a serious attack of bead lust!!

Carol

Carol Saker
07-15-2002, 06:14 PM
PS, If you really hate that bi-cone, I'll give it a good home. :D

Carol