PDA

View Full Version : Plein Air Pastel Storage

dhonegger
06-09-2008, 12:37 PM
I would like to put my pastels into a French Companion. The other day, in a class, I was talking to a person who was working on a pastel on her Soltek easel. She had boxes in the bottom (3, I think) and side wings (1 on each wing) that perfectly fit; they had sponge inserts with "slits" for the pastels. These boxes had lids. I think I briefly saw "Unison" printed on the top of one, but can't be sure. Of course, these would be the wrong size for a French Companion, but it gave me an idea of finding boxes and those sponge things to fit in in the boxes. The sponge inserts were like those that are in the small pastel boxes that fit 3 sticks that the art store puts your purchases in. The store's boxes have labels on them that indicate they receive their supply in these little boxes. I suppose I can ask them if I can get those boxes with sponges from them and then stack them, with my pastels, in the French Companion. That would be one resolve. But, I thought I would also throw this idea out to the group and see if members have ideas as to how I could do this. Any ideas?

PeggyB
06-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Look at the Dakota Pastel website. They have two different size cardboard boxes that come with the foam inserts cut to fit each box. No fiddling with little 3 stick pieces. The large box holds 48 sticks and is $14.95, and the smaller box holds 24 sticks for $9.95. They also include foam pads for under and over the pastels. http://www.dakotapastel.com

Peggy

dhonegger
06-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Oh, fantastic! Thanks so much Peggy. I'm on my little way as we speak!!!!

dhonegger
06-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Okay, now I'm really confused. The link brings up a page that has a side bar with Pastels, Soft Pastels, Dakota Trucks, and other related motor vehicles. I can't find anything that will get me to a site with pastel products on it. Pastels and Soft Pastels bring up sites like Dick Blick, etc. Help, please.

BruceF
06-09-2008, 08:24 PM
http://www.dakotapastels.com/

dhonegger
06-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks, Bruce. I feel like I've traveled through the Twilight Zone and lived to tell about it. I googled Dakota Pastels and got there before returning here to see your corrected link. Whew! What an experience. I ordered the boxes that I wanted and am now happily awaiting their arrival. Thanks.

PeggyB
06-09-2008, 09:45 PM
OH sorry - so sorry! I've been to that twilght place too when I forgot to put the "s" after pastel.... LOL

I'm glad I could supply a simple solution even though via a rather round about way. Thanks Bruce for getting me out of the twilight zone!

Peggy

dhonegger
06-10-2008, 08:56 PM
OH sorry - so sorry! I've been to that twilght place too when I forgot to put the "s" after pastel.... LOL

I'm glad I could supply a simple solution even though via a rather round about way. Thanks Bruce for getting me out of the twilight zone!

Peggy

That's okay, Peggy. I understand :lol: . No harm done. Nothing can come between me and spending money, so I was pretty sure to find it :lol: :lol: :lol: . Thanks.