PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher June 9 - June 15

Pat Isaac
06-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Good morning everyone,

Summer sure came in with a burst. 50 degrees on Friday and 90 on Sat. It has een warm since. Love it! Put in some morning glory seeds this weekend and did some ...ugh....housework before the board of health came in..:lol: Another crunch week and this should be it.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

AngelaF
06-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Good morning, Pat, Hope your crunch time really is not too hectic. When does the show go up, again, June 16? This is really exciting, looking forward to seeing some photos of this wonderful event!

Hope your morning glories do well, I love them, though have not planted any myself as yet.

Trying to do yard weed control, that is about all of the gardening I feel up to doing -- the weed control will probably continue most of this week on and off, I can only do so much in this horrendous heat, I am glad you are liking it, Pat, but the humidity is a bit much here right now, especially for physical work outside.

Again, wishing you well with your exhibit preparations, Angela

wabbitt
06-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi all :wave:

We've been having "June Gloom" in the mornings (gray & overcast) but it clears up by afternoon for a few hours before getting gloomy again by 5pm or 6pm. Mom thinks it's too cold and calls it "doom & gloom" :lol:

So last Saturday we went to the yearly Greek Festival that the local Greek Orthodox church puts on. Lots of food, loud Greek music and dancing. I see the same people on the dance floor every year...I swear they're getting better with age. I got too much sun. I didn't get burnt or anything, I had sunscreen and a big hat but I wasn't drinking enough water...didn't want to use the port-a-potty. Paid for it with a headache.

Sunday's a blur but despite the headache, I did manage to get out to the beach for a walk before the sun broke through the clouds. Surprising number of surfers for only a two foot wave, but then the real surfers and real waves were at a different beach up the coast.

Good luck with your show, Pat. I'm looking forward to pictures :D Morning glories grow like weeds at Mom's place (hot, dry, lots to climb) but I could never get them to take at my place. I even built a trellis for it. I finally had to settle for a fake plant to hide my trash bin.

Pat Isaac
06-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks Angela and Julie. I hang the show July1. Work at the studio was touch and go yesterday and today. The heat does a number on the OPs, so by aft. I had to quit. Tomorrow should be better. I want these last 2 pieces finished so I can take them all to the framer next week.
I can't work outside in this heat either, Angela and the weeds will just have to wait until it gets a little cooler. Speaking of weeds, Julie, I have a strain of morning glory that is just like a weed. Grows everywhere and I keep pulling them up. Several years ago I inadvertantly planted some of them and they were not the kind I usually plant, but figured they would be fine....:eek: wrong. I really like the heavenly blues which are large and don't keep reseeding themselves.
Sounds like a fun time, but sorry you had too much sun.
Stay cool....

Pat

Shirl Parker
06-10-2008, 04:15 PM
What, no AC!!!

Pat Isaac
06-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Not at the studio.....fans though....Actually, we added to our space as the spot next to us became available and there is a door from our space into it. We will use it for storage and a kitchenette. They haven't moved out the stuff yet, but there is an AC in the closet which we told them to get rid of. Now I am wondering....does it work??? Maybe we should keep it...

Pat

Scarefishcrow
06-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Keep it! Keep it! (If it works).

Hello everyone, have been in the sweltering south, so I know what you mean about the heat, Pat. My sister's AC went out for a day and down here, AC is as high a priority as a furnace up in WI during winter.

I have had difficulty getting broadband access and have really missed everyone and felt completely out of touch!!! I am still in LA; extended my stay til 21 June since I have not had a chance to visit family and friends here in more than 5 years and time flew so rapidly.

My family's health problems have all been working out well. In fact, my sister's cataracts are turning out to be a blessing since she will have better vision after the implants than she ever has (old "coke bottle" glasses, you know). She has here second eye surgery tomorrow morning and afterwards will probably only need reading glasses! It's really amazing and she is elated.

I discovered today that my starbucks addiction has its upside since I found out I can get 2 hours a day free att wifi at their hot spots. So this is comming to you via my frappuchino wired fingers at the starbucks!

Plan to get in at least those 2 hours per day till I get back to Wisconsin and my normal connection. It is really amazing how isolated you can feel when you can't interract with all your cyberfriends and I have really missed everyone and look forward to getting caught up on things.

Hopefully I won't find out we have been washed away with all the flooding in WI. Really a pity, but fortunately, for us, most of the damaging flooding has been south of us.

Nice to be back in touch and hope I can begin to catch up on things.

Pat, I guess I don't need to mail that package of southern hot weather up to you anymore, eh?:)

Til later,

BILL:music: :heart: :heart: :music:

AngelaF
06-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi Bill, glad you are enjoying your family so much. Glad you foud the Starbucks with the free wifi -- don't get over caffenated though!!! Notice your absence and missed your input. Angela

Scarefishcrow
06-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Hi Bill, glad you are enjoying your family so much. Glad you foud the Starbucks with the free wifi -- don't get over caffenated though!!! Notice your absence and missed your input. Angela

Thanks, Angela. I have really missed seeing and interracting with everyone even though it has been good to spend some time with my family!

I really miss my own computer and access!! Thanks for your thoughts!!

I hope you were able to find a decision on your project that you felt comfortable and happy with!!

BILL
:music: :heart: :heart: :music: