PDA

View Full Version : New Member

DichroDiva
07-13-2002, 10:42 PM
Hi All

Thank goodness I am much better at making beads than I am at trying to figure out how to post. I am new to WC - just signed on yesterday. Love the energy and the thoughtful, caring support.

My name is Karen and I am a lampworker, glass fuser and Art Clay Silver Senior Instructor (and psudo weaver). I have been making beads since 1992 - mostly working with dichroic.

My husband and our three "kids" (4 legged) travel the US and Canada - full time (4 years now) teaching and participating in a few shows. Would love to meet some of you in person. I will be online as I am able - haven't a long enough phone cord for the whole US :D

We are currently in NW Arkansas, looking for land to start our Art Camp. Hope you can all come and play. Hugs Karen

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 10:46 PM
Hi Karen,

Welcome to WC! :clap:

Beth

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-13-2002, 10:55 PM
Karen

Welcome ! ! !

I would love to go to camp, especially art camp. We are in the process of looking for another place to be and close to an art place would be the ultimate. WOW.

Bobby

AMR GlassWorks
07-13-2002, 10:57 PM
Welcome Karen!! Hey when are you gonna be back at Austin Thin Films for a class?? I would love to come play at your Art Camp!! You'll love it here!! Everyone is very helpful!! Enjoy!

Nonie
07-13-2002, 11:03 PM
Hi Karen..I'm Nonie ...I've only been at the torch since Memorial Day. I'm having so much fun on this board. I'm glad you joined in. Nice to meet you. I wanna go to Camp:clap:

llis
07-13-2002, 11:19 PM
Art Camp sounds like a great idea. I bet my husband would love to send me away for a week or two. :)

Shirley C.
07-13-2002, 11:21 PM
Karen, welcome to WC! Wow, making beads for 10 years - can't wait to see your posts - your art work AND your fur kids!

Hope you enjoy WC as much as I have - glad you're here!

DichroDiva
07-13-2002, 11:23 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Anne, we will be back at Austin Thin Films in either the Fall or early Spring. I HAVE to go to Bangkok for the month of December:clap: Dirty job, but someone's got to do it. Hugs Karen

b2beads
07-13-2002, 11:25 PM
Wow, an art camp with lampwork, fusing and PMC would be like nirvana for me!!! Better than...well, nevermind. Welcome, Karen! Post some pics when you can. Excited to have an art clay resource, too! B2:cat:

DichroDiva
07-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Shirley, thank you. At the moment, our photos are available on our web site. As soon as I can, I will post up photos of the kids, etc. They are the reason that we travel. We left them at home a couple of times, with a sitter, and they did not fare well. So, we took our show on the road. Photos of our RV/studio, DH and me and the kids are all on there. Hugs Karen

DichroDiva
07-13-2002, 11:33 PM
Hope I am doing this the right way. I don't think I have participated in a site like this. Can I send email directly to any /each of you?

Sorry, my motto is "when all else fails, read the directions"

I am delighted to assist anyone, with any information I have. Seems like you all like to play and I would have you all in my sandbox any day :cat: Hugs Karen

craftylady
07-13-2002, 11:35 PM
Welcome to WC! So do you guys ever get to Alabama? Or even close let me know. We have a nice place to camp for so R&R. The park here in Guntersville is really nice. We camp there quite often. I would love to see your work.

Kathy Champion
07-13-2002, 11:42 PM
Welcome to WC...hope to see your work soon!

Kathy:)

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 11:50 PM
Hi Karen,

Yes, we do have fun playing here! :cat: You can send private messages to people here...there should be a box to click under all of their postings (the second one, marked pm). Also, if you check out their profile, some people may have their e-mail addresses listed as well. We don't mind questions...ask away, & whoever knows the answer will soon jump in!

:D
Beth

DichroDiva
07-13-2002, 11:57 PM
Since we carry everything with us, we can go anywhere to teach classes or hang and play. :clap:

ginko
07-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Yeah, Karen's here! :clap: When I saw this thread started by DichroDiva, I thought of you and wondered if you had found your way here. Now we need to get that Branson chick in here, too. Welcome! NW Arksansas in July, all I can say is if you still want to buy land after that, then you must really like it there!

-debbi

Shirley C.
07-14-2002, 01:00 AM
Karen, your fur kids look terrific! That picture of Suzie made me laugh out loud. Poor tough-looking doggie, I bet she's real sweet. :D

Ann*S
07-14-2002, 01:38 AM
Karen,
Welcome! You sound so enthusiastic...you will love it here.
Ann

:clap: :clap:

JodiPrice
07-14-2002, 02:02 AM
Welcome to the WC Karen,

I am new myself! I checked out your website, looks like you are one very busy person! I really loved the mix of wire and glass in your fish! Never seen that before!

Keep up the great work!

Sincerely,
Jodi Lindsey

Rose Queen
07-14-2002, 02:06 AM
Welcome to WetCanvas, Karen!

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

Ivyleaf
07-14-2002, 02:21 AM
Welcome to WC and to the glass art forum!

:) :) :)
Ivy

Laura Brito
07-14-2002, 02:31 AM
Welcome Welcome! hehe, you will love it here, it is so much fun! and So informative!

Laura

Carol Saker
07-14-2002, 02:43 AM
Karen,

Welcome! Art camp sounds like a total blast - hope I can join you sometime. I've been wanting to learn about PMC for awhile.

Carol

mistymade
07-14-2002, 02:50 AM
Hi Karen, Welcome to wetcanvas! NW Arkansas is a hop, skip, and a jump from Tulsa! I would just LOVE to go to art camp!!!
Misty:D

BAM
07-14-2002, 08:33 AM
HI Karen:
Welcome. Let us know where your travels will take you and perhaps you can meet up with some of us. As you can tell by this forum, we all love making new bead buddies.

Now I need to visit your site.
Betty

DichroDiva
07-14-2002, 12:14 PM
We are on our way to NJ to teach a class then to the Berkshires for some R & R with David's family. Toronto is next to visit my mum and dad. Michigan Fibre Fest is the third weekend in August and on to Penninsula Art School in Door County, WI. Anyone live along that route? Have time for a coffee and a tall bead story?:cat: Hugs Karen

macbeth7
07-14-2002, 12:24 PM
Hi Karen,

Wow, you guys sure do get around! Where in NJ...near me maybe? :cat: Ooh, Door County is wonderful! We were supposed to go there a few weeks ago, but it didn't work out. Brian's uncle has a peaceful cottage by the lake there. We used to go every summer, but have not been able to the last few. :(

Beth

anasazistudios
07-14-2002, 12:31 PM
Hi Karen and welcome! I recall browsing your site several times. Love your wire fish!

Elizabeth

MikeAurelius
07-14-2002, 12:33 PM
Hey Karen - did my "care" package arrive safely?

TheCharmedLife
07-14-2002, 01:33 PM
Art camp sounds like soooo much fun. Sign me up. :-) I remember seeing a website for a place called Art Chicks which is a combo arts/craft co-op/mall and tea room. They have art day camp for women (grown ups only). It sounds like so much fun!

Rebecca

DichroDiva
07-14-2002, 01:41 PM
Becca, tell me more about Art Chicks. I like the name. Where can I find them? Hugs Karen

TheCharmedLife
07-14-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by DichroDiva
Becca, tell me more about Art Chicks. I like the name. Where can I find them? Hugs Karen

Off the top of my head I think they are in Nebraska. Try http://www.artchicksgallery.com/. Click on special events. I think their annual birthday party with a talented women's show (art/craft show) is the last week of July. I think. They are..... definitely more whimsical and fun than high brow art. Still, the whole concept appeals to me. But then again, I have been known to wear a feather boa to dinner. <g>

HTH,

Becca

PS If you ever come through Mississippi, feel free to stop at my house for tea. :-)

rightbrainbeads
07-14-2002, 01:54 PM
hi karen and welcome!

i agree with everyone else... art camp does sound like a blast! :clap:

lynne

DichroDiva
07-14-2002, 02:00 PM
Art Camp (I think our name is going to be "ArtReach of the Ozarks") will need teachers. Know anyone???? :D Hugs Karen

Laura Brito
07-14-2002, 02:42 PM
You guys have to much fun!

Laura

macbeth7
07-14-2002, 02:45 PM
No such thing as too much fun, Laura! :D

Beth

DichroDiva
07-14-2002, 02:54 PM
Off the top of my head I think they are in Nebraska. Try http://www.artchicksgallery.com/. Click on special events. I think their annual birthday party with a talented women's show (art/craft show) is the last week of July. I think. They are..... definitely more whimsical and fun than high brow art. Still, the whole concept appeals to me. But then again, I have been known to wear a feather boa to dinner.

Art Chicks is wonderful. Not necessarily so much the content as the colour and the playfulness. Anyone who wants some cheering up take a look. Hugs Karen[COLOR=darkblue]

Modesto
07-14-2002, 02:58 PM
Welcome to WC Karen:clap:

I have a copy of your "Mastering the Glass Bead" but, I haven't mastered them yet:crying: Great video:clap:

DichroDiva
07-14-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Becca
Off the top of my head I think they are in Nebraska. Try http://www.artchicksgallery.com/. Click on special events. I think their annual birthday party with a talented women's show (art/craft show) is the last week of July. I think. They are..... definitely more whimsical and fun than high brow art. Still, the whole concept appeals to me. But then again, I have been known to wear a feather boa to dinner.

Art Chicks is wonderful. Not necessarily so much the content as the colour and the playfulness. Anyone who wants some cheering up take a look. Hugs Karen

DichroDiva
07-14-2002, 03:01 PM
Harold, thank you. If there is any way I may be of assistance, please let me know. Hugs Karen

TheCharmedLife
07-14-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by DichroDiva

Art Chicks is wonderful. Not necessarily so much the content as the colour and the playfulness. Anyone who wants some cheering up take a look. Hugs Karen

I agree. It's the concept that I adore. I probably wouldn't execute it quite the same way but still.... It's fun. The art day camps for women sound like fun! I started to suggest that you contact them about giving classes for day camp but then I saw that they are in December. Nebraska in December? Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Some days I'm tempted to "borrow" their concept and run with it here.... an art co-op and tea room... fun but with a little less.... ummmm, cheese? Good thing I don't have the start up capital. lol

Becca

DichroDiva
07-14-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by TheCharmedLife
Some days I'm tempted to "borrow" their concept and run with it here.... an art co-op and tea room... fun but with a little less.... ummmm, cheese? Good thing I don't have the start up capital. lol

Becca

Becca, check out the ideacafe.com. There is lots of info there about startup capital and grants, etc. Hugs Karen

Miss Kate
07-14-2002, 08:41 PM
Welcome to WC Karen! This is just the neatest forum (oh no, hope I haven't dated myself :o )

Art camp is a Grrrrrreat Idea! I wanna go.

Best,
Miss Kate

DichroDiva
07-14-2002, 09:01 PM
Thank you, Miss Kate. It is very neat of you to welcome me. It couldn't be neater if it tried. The neatness of it is just so very neat. Neat is a really neat word:D :D :D :D :clap: Hugs Karen

NewCreation
07-14-2002, 09:08 PM
Welcome Karen! I would love to come to camp!

macbeth7
07-14-2002, 09:09 PM
:p :p Karen! Let's all go to Art Camp...wouldn't that be neato-coolo? :D

Beth