PDA

View Full Version : Wanna show off your pets and not be "off topic"?

b2beads
07-13-2002, 08:37 PM
It seems like many of us are major animal lovers! While perusing the Animals & Wildlife forum, I saw a thread that requests folks to post pictures of their animals which will possibly be used for an animal/wildlife project at a future point. What better excuse to show off our pets??? Or just check out the link for some great animal pics. (Not to mention the wonderful art on that forum!!!)

Here's the url:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28970

B2 :cat:

Elankat
07-13-2002, 10:11 PM
The Cafe Guerbois is also a great place to show off family, friends, pets, pictures...anything you can think of. :D

sandge
07-14-2002, 06:00 AM
If you don't mind folks painting from the photos you post, why not share them in the Reference Image Library (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/), too? :D

<--------- is looking for photos of animals to paint :D

b2beads
07-14-2002, 06:05 AM
Sandra - That's a great idea. Also, I'm glad I read Ivy's post (on the reference library thread) and read through the guidelines. I think I misunderstood the "point" of the reference library and thought of it as a Gallery. But I love the idea of a "free" source of subject matter and inspiration!

I'll get some animal photos up there soon!

B2 :cat:

sandge
07-14-2002, 06:15 AM
Yes, it's really important to understand that the library is meant as reference for other folks work so you're giving up your copyright on anything contributed to it.

Looking forward to seeing your pics! :D

llis
07-14-2002, 06:28 AM
Can't wait to see what y'all come up with. Also remember if you have any questions about photography, we have a photography forum that would love a visit from time to time. They critique photos too. :)

llis
07-14-2002, 06:34 AM
On a side note...

Beth, I think if you reduce the number of letters you use in your "location" field your posts will drop back in line with all the rest of the posts. You would have to go to "my wc" and then to profile to change it. Just try reducing by a few letters and see what happens. I don't think it's much over.

P.S.... forget that... I don't think that was the problem... maybe it was my browser that was going crazy.

B2, you posts are looking fine now and right in line with everyone! Go figure what was happing... I don't know.

:cat:

BAM
07-14-2002, 08:14 AM
Debi & Shirley:
I just want to reach in and grab those babies! They are too cute, I could squeeze their little heads til they pop!

I guess that we should note that our pics are toward the end....is that right?

I'm gonna go to my laptop top now and see if I can post a pic of my puppies, Jerry (who is in the dog house at the moment) and Checkers-cone and all.
Betty