PDA

View Full Version : Howdy! New to the Forum

katbeads
07-13-2002, 08:00 PM
Hello Everyone!

I just resurfaced from a self-imposed exile to my studio this past 6 weeks. You know how it is, making bead after bead after bead after bead.........trying to get ready for an upcoming show. Well, the heatwave finally hit Portland and forced me out of the studio. I discovered this Forum and have spent the last day exploring the threads and posts. WOW!! I was just so impressed with how positive and informative it is on WC!! :clap:

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to make any new work lately but I'd like to post a photo of my beads for an introduction of sorts. I hope I am able to visit here often and get to know some of you. This next month promises to be a crazy and chaotic one.

Great to meet you and I love this new Forum! (I hope I managed to attach the photo correctly1)

Kathy
Kathy Perras/ItzArt Glass (http://www.kathyperras.com)

Kathy Champion
07-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Welcome to WC and thanks for posting that beautiful bead! I'm very impressed, a bead pix and a tiny head first posting!

Looking forward to more,

Kathy:clap:

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 08:08 PM
Hi Kathy,

As always, I love your beads! Glad you're here! :clap:

Beth

Mike E etc
07-13-2002, 08:18 PM
Hi Kathy,
All the neat work here, like yours, is going to get me hooked on beads.
Welcome,
Mike, reformed lurker, E

b2beads
07-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Hi Kathy! Great to see you here! And, of course you know I love your beads...that's a lovely heart! Welcome! B2

ValorieCox
07-13-2002, 09:56 PM
Welcome Kathy, beautiful heart bead. Glad you found your way here and we'll understand if we don't hear from you much while you're under this tight deadline. Good luck!

Valorie:cat:

JodiPrice
07-13-2002, 10:05 PM
Hi Kathy,

WELCOME! :) I am new here too, and hope to see you around on the forums! Good luck with your show!

I love the heart bead and neat twist in it!

Sincerely,
Jodi Lindsey

AMR GlassWorks
07-13-2002, 10:09 PM
Welcome Kathy!! You will love it here- I'm a newbie too! I used to live up in Longview WA and used to go to Portland all the time. I'm hoping one day to move back up to that area from TX! I love your bead! It's beautiful! :)

snooze
07-13-2002, 10:17 PM
Welcome Kathy,
I love your heart bead. The colors remind me of a mountain stream running through big granite boulders. Okay, I'm trying to cool down any way possible. Anyway, enjoy WC and we will enjoy your beautiful beads:clap:
Sue

Shirley C.
07-13-2002, 11:41 PM
Hiya Kathy, and welcome to WC! I've admired your beads for a long time. Glad to see you here! Looking forward to seeing more of your bead pix, and will wait patiently until your deadline has passed. ;) Good luck!

craftylady
07-14-2002, 12:00 AM
Welcome to WC Kathy!! Glad to have more talent on this forum we can never get enough. Love the bead:clap: :clap:

Ann*S
07-14-2002, 01:40 AM
Kathy,
Welcome to WC. I was in the reference library and saw the beads you uploaded. I could tell it was you. They are always so great!Beautiful and sophisticated.
Ann

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-14-2002, 01:59 AM
I like your beads. Have checked them out often, and welcome to a fun place to expand on just about anything.

Bobby

Ivyleaf
07-14-2002, 02:02 AM
Welcome to WC and to the glass forum! Lovely bead!

:) :) :)
Ivy

Rose Queen
07-14-2002, 02:07 AM
Welcome to WetCanvas, Kathy!

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

Carol Saker
07-14-2002, 02:47 AM
Hi Kathy,

Nice to meet you! I am not familiar with your work, but after seeing that heart and everyone else's enthusiasm it looks like I have some catching up to do!

Carol

mistymade
07-14-2002, 02:55 AM
Hi Kathy, Welcome to wetcanvas! Your website is awesome and those tiger beads are tigerlicious!!!:D
Misty:)

margaretz
07-14-2002, 03:03 AM
great bead... welcome to WC!

BAM
07-14-2002, 08:22 AM
Welcome Kathy, yes, it's a great, friendly forum. You're beads are super.
Betty

cankeep
07-14-2002, 08:51 AM
Welcome Kathy!
I'm another admirer of your beads! I just love your tiger beads! They're the best I've seen, and the main reason why I'm not even tempted to do animal prints too often myself! Once in a while I give in to the urge to make a few...and then look at yours and usually end up giving mine away to the beaders in my family! :p
Lezlie

macbeth7
07-14-2002, 12:34 PM
Carol, check out Kathy's website...she makes the most awesome tiger beads, as well as other great stuff! :cool:

Beth

anasazistudios
07-14-2002, 12:38 PM
Wow! Your tiger beads are the most amazing that I have ever seen! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elizabeth

katbeads
07-14-2002, 06:40 PM
I just want to say heartfelt "thanks" to all of you for your welcoming messages and kind comments about my work! I know this is going to be a great place to kick back and feel at home! This is the first Forum I have felt that way about. I hope to get to know you all.

Lezlie, I have been an admirer for several years and really love your work. Your professional presentation of your auctions and beautiful beads have made such an impression on me!! I hope I get the chance to meet you one day.

Thanks Kathy, Beth, Mike E., Beth (B2), Valorie, Jodi, Anne, Sue, Shirley, Laurie, Ann, Bobby, Ivy, Diana, Carol, Misty, Margaret, Betty, Beth, and Elizabeth!!! :clap:

Kathy

NewCreation
07-14-2002, 09:22 PM
Oh Man Kathy! I would love to be able to exile myself to the studio! As it is I can sometimes get a 3 hour stretch in the evenings when my husbad takes over with my toddler. Sometimes I get a couple hours while he naps too. I am trying to get ready for a show too. I am pretty sure I won't be happy with what I have, but it will be what I have!

Welcome to WC too!

rightbrainbeads
07-14-2002, 09:24 PM
hi kathy, and welcome! this is a great place and i'm so glad to see you here!

your beads are truly wonderful... they inspire me with their perfect form and beautiful design... i check them out on ebay whenever i can. i haven't been home from school yet to drool over the big holed tiger bead that i won weeks ago-- i know it will be awesome though!!!

lynne:)

SPIglass
07-16-2002, 02:31 AM
Hi Kathy,

So glad to see you here! I knew you would like this forum. The heatwave finally broke, so hopefully you were able to make a ton of beads today. Kandice and I will be at the show on Thursday, so I'll see you then. Hope you have a fantastic show!!! Keep cool :D

Modesto
07-16-2002, 02:52 AM
Welcome to WC Kathy:clap:

A magnificent bead that has captured my attention...does the bead represent great loss?
I know some hate to answers such questions but, I had to ask.

Lori Robbins
07-16-2002, 04:24 AM
Welcome Kathy!
Great bead!

katbeads
07-16-2002, 11:35 AM
Harold,
What an interesting question! No, the bead does not represent any type of loss or underlying emotion. At least, not a conscious one. I have had a continual fascination with hearts like this though........perhaps there is more to the subconscious in it's creation than I am aware of. I am fascinated by the question you pose. We had a death in the immediate family about the time I created this series of hearts........perhaps you are more insightful than I am about the creative process. Thank you.
Kathy

!ngridh
07-16-2002, 11:50 AM
Hey Kathy, I look forward to meeting you and getting to see all your beads close up at embellishments later this week...I am sure that those who live in the southwest where it hits 110 -120 don't understand that those of us in the northwest completely wilt and perish at 90 degrees! For you southerners...anything over 68 it too hot for us here in the Northwest!!!!!!!

AMR GlassWorks
07-16-2002, 12:07 PM
The heat down here in TX is exactly why I want to move back to WA!!! Plus the fact I miss my mommy!!! She lives in Kalama- real close to Embellishments!!:D