PDA

View Full Version : happy beads, please!

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 04:31 PM
Okay, everyone post some happy beads! Lately I've been in a "summer funk", as my friend calls it, & have been unable to shake it. Something happened today that really threw me for a loop, & I badly need cheering up.

:crying:
Beth

glassdude
07-13-2002, 04:45 PM
Awww, Beth! I truly feel the same way! I'nm in the worst slump right now! Here's some pics, maybe these will help some!:crying:
Jacqui

glassdude
07-13-2002, 04:50 PM
See what I mean!? Can't even do the picture thing right! Here goes again......http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2002/toys.jpg
More pics coming.... take a deep breath and smile.......
Jacqui
Bad yellowy pics, but hey... it's cloudy here!

glassdude
07-13-2002, 04:51 PM
Does this one help????

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2002/stone1.jpg
Been in a "stony, rocky mood lately!"
Jacqui

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Thanks, Jacqui! :cat:

Hugs,
Beth

b2beads
07-13-2002, 05:04 PM
Beth - I can relate! I've had a few of those "throw me for a loop" things lately, too. Hope things smooth out for you. They always seem to eventually (I keep telling myself that...)

Jacqui - What a beautiful "stony mood" bead! Is that web effect on the base?

I'd post "happy bead" pics, but after three beads this afternoon, I was falling asleep, so figured I better shut everything down... Trying to give up caffeine....zzzzzzzzz...

B2 (bummer, no sleeping smiley face icon...)

Jennifer Geldard
07-13-2002, 05:13 PM
Not a bead, but here's a picture that Sharon peters posted once of a man with unfortunate Nose hares :D
He always cheers me up!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2002/a_a_EddieQ_JPEG.jpg

Jennifer Geldard
07-13-2002, 05:14 PM
Here's another idea...

Try walking around for about an hour with a clown nose on.
That works for me too... if you can get your whole family to do it, all the better.

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 05:23 PM
Thanks Jen & Beth!

Jen, that looks like some sort of Monty Python cartoon...hehe. Here in the big city, probably no one would notice the clown nose. Not sure if I have one...I do have a seal nose & a doggie nose though!

:p
Beth

b2beads
07-13-2002, 05:28 PM
Jen - ROTFLOL! I've got tears in my eyes and am still laughing! THANKS! Can ALWAYS use a good laugh.

B2 :D

mistymade
07-13-2002, 05:32 PM
Beth and Beth, I hope you ladies are feeling better soon. You are both so valuable to this forum! I'm gonna send you some "feel better" vibes +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Jacqui, I like those beads, they really look festive.

Jennifer, took me a few minutes, but I finally got the "nose hare" thing! :D

Misty:)

BAM
07-13-2002, 05:54 PM
Great beads and great hares! Sometimes summer can be a tough time, less structure and stability it seems which isn't always a good combo.
Betty

cankeep
07-13-2002, 06:14 PM
Love the Nose Hares Picture! I'm afraid I'm going to have trouble looking at bunnies without thinking of that image though!
Here's some crazy guys that are so silly they always make me smile. Haven't made any for a couple years and had practically forgotten all about them till I saw Beth's request for happy beads. They're beady versions of some stuffed toys I used to make for my younger brothers many many moons ago.
Now they have "gonk" beads hanging from their rear view mirrors, sort of a twist on the guardian angel idea for their cars.

Can't say they'll help with your "summer funk" Beth, but they love to make people smile!
Lezlie

cankeep
07-13-2002, 06:15 PM
Here's another happy guy:

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the support & good vibes, Misty & Betty. :cat:

Lezlie, I've always loved your gonks...remember them from a few years ago. Tried to win one a few times, but always missed out. :( You need to make more! Was the second set part of the eye candy necklace you made for your grandson when he was nursing?

:cat:
Beth

DonnaB
07-13-2002, 06:46 PM
Chia Head and Chia Tweety Wearing Wonky Beads

DonnaB
07-13-2002, 06:53 PM
http://members.aol.com/dlynnb2000/chiaboys.jpg

Here are the Chia's with their owners.

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 06:57 PM
ROFL, Donna! Those are great! Hmm, beads don't look too wonky to me!

:clap:
Beth

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 06:57 PM
Just saw the kiddie pic...they are cute!! :cat:

Beth

cankeep
07-13-2002, 07:44 PM
OMG! Beth, what a memory you must have! It's been ages since I've made the last gonks! I'd practically forgotten about them myself! LOL! I forget how long I've been doing this sometimes. Still feel like a "newbie" to the bead world most days.

You're right, the original smiley face was part of a nursing necklace I made for my grandson, who's now a precocious 3 year old! (can you believe it? How time flies!!!) I've made a bunch of those over the past few years, still one of my more popular requests and have even managed to shrink the size down to work for bracelets! I love making silly happy beads that make me smile at the torch.

Hope your "wrench" wasn't anything too depressing or serious!

Lezlie<<<who had her own share of wrenches last year....but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (with the help of beads and "torch therapy" )

b2beads
07-13-2002, 08:24 PM
OMG - you guys are sooooo funny. Those beads are so adorable, Lezlie!!! I need to make some silly things... And I just love Chia's - I feel they are the ultimate gift for friends and family members who have everything! Dressing them in beads is just perfect! And their Chia-Caretakers are too cute, too, Donna!

What a great LOL thread! B2 :)

AMR GlassWorks
07-13-2002, 10:26 PM
You know I was starting to feel I was the only one that was in a slump!!! I couldn't get anything to come out right!! I hope that all of our slumps are over with soon!! I'm ordering some enamels and bead etch on Monday so maybe my slump will be over with!! I haven't posetd any beads yet so I will try to find my brightest set for ya'll!!! Here goes!

AMR GlassWorks
07-13-2002, 10:53 PM
Well I tried but the durn picture is too big- I gotta go figure out how to re-size my pics- hubby is too busy using my new glass cutter, cutting my dichroic for me, to help out right now!!

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 11:02 PM
Hi Lezlie- Yes, I do have a rather good memory, at least for some things! I'm especially good at visual & audio memories. Which is good, becuase I'm bad at keeping records. Can still remember the artists of almost all the beads I own...& I have a lot! Can remember the lyrics to songs I haven't heard since I was kid. Bad at things like remembering where I put things, remembering to pay bills, remembering appointments...stuff like that...basically anything having to do with being organized! I loved those Gonks! Maybe I can talk you into doing a commissioned piece for me? ;)

I'd like to thank everyone who responded to me, here & in private. I really appreciate all of the support, & all of the happy bead (& harey nose!) pics...keep 'em coming! :clap: I was just feeling extra funky today. It's just been one thing after another the past few weeks...then this one thing this morning, which would have bothered me somewhat anyway, put me almost over the edge. I'm feeling better already. Thank you to all my WC friends for being here for me!!

Hugs,
Beth

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-13-2002, 11:06 PM
Beth

Hope this helps a little.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2002/wccln.jpg

Bobby

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 11:07 PM
Thanks, Anne! It's the thought that counts, right? Not that we won't expect you to put them up at some point though, now that you've promised! ;) I hope all of us funksters...Jacqui, B2, Lezlie, Anne...& anyone else out there...can get out of this soon. Helps to have pals like y'all cheering for us! :clap:

Beth

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 11:08 PM
Bobby, that sure is one happy clown! Thanks! :clap:

Beth

Shirley C.
07-13-2002, 11:08 PM
Beth, sorry to hear about your lousy day!! Sure hope whatever it is that threw you for a loop doesn't get you completely down. Sometimes just screaming makes you feel better - and maybe it'll wake B2 up. ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2002/TwistAndShout.JPG

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 11:17 PM
Shirley, how did you capture my likeness so well?!?! Actually, my hair's a little longer & more plentiful...haven't started pulling it out yet! :p Today's issue was just a somewhatminor annoyance...just was too much on top of the crazy past few weeks I've been having. What's that old saying...this too shall pass...something like that?! Love those beads!

Beth

DonnaB
07-14-2002, 12:22 AM
Thank you for saying my beads don't look wonky, but they are wonks. They have flaws. I can't make beads lately. The other day, Thursday, I sat down at the torch and made one bead. I didn't even finish it. I got so impatient and mad that I plunged it into the waterglass and shut off the kiln and walked out of my studio. And the thing is I don't even know why. There was no earthly reason for me to be in that mood. The creativity is like breathing for us I think. It ebbs and flows, and it is NO fun to be in a creative slump, but we all have to have faith that the slump doesn't last. It is actually the time when our new creations are incubating within us...

b2beads
07-14-2002, 12:43 AM
Shirley - I love that scream guy! That is wonderful. I broke down and made a caffeine run late afternoon today - I'm feeling MUCH better now. Of course, it's 11:30 PM and I'm wide awake... B2

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-14-2002, 12:46 AM
This is how I sometimes feel when the bead thing and life in general is a little wonkey. Just go a little nuts and then it's back to "normal"
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jul-2002/wcbuggy.jpg

Bobby

Shirley C.
07-14-2002, 12:48 AM
Thanks, "Beths"! I did those guys about a year and a half ago, called 'em "Twist and Shout". I modeled the scream guy after a t-shirt my hubby has. I was in one of those moods...

Yeah, B2, it's late - I think you're in for a long night. Torch time? Go for it!

glassdude
07-14-2002, 01:02 AM
Hi B2... nope, not web effect, just very, very thin stringer "drawings!" Hope you're a bit better! What great beads, huh!?

Shirley, you captured the mood!!! Love that 'ittle face murrine!

Bobby and Lezlie..... what wild beads!!! Thanks!
Donna B. Chia's!!!! :clap:

Thanks for the hugs and all guys... nice to have understanding folks when the "yucks" hit!
Hugs!
Jacqui

macbeth7
07-14-2002, 01:03 AM
ROFL, Bobby...that is great! I'm afraid to look in the mirror now, in case that is staring back at me. :p

Hope b2 didnt have too much caffeine, or her torching might be a little shaky...guess it works for Lauri C though! :D

Beth

macbeth7
07-14-2002, 01:10 AM
Donna,

I guess the chias & cute kids made the beads look much better to my eyes! ;) Creativity slumps can be no fun. Hope you get out of yours soon! I've been that way with my jewelry lately...don't know if it's just too much weighing on my mind or what. I just sit there with all of this stuff in front of me, including some new & incredible lampwork beads, & get nowhere.

Well, I've managed to get nothing at all accomplished today...well I practiced my typing & watched 2 baseball games on tv...multitasking! :p

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-14-2002, 01:19 AM
Jacqui

I love the "horsd'oeuvres" beads. I must have been hungry because they look just like snacks on a skewer.

Beth.......Your post made me crack-up....thanks ! ! ! ! !

Bobby

Beth Myers
07-14-2002, 02:42 AM
Okay Beth,
Close your eyes...........poof
Me in my summer bathing suite.
Beth
behttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jul-2002/bean.jpgaubeads:evil:

Beth Myers
07-14-2002, 02:45 AM
Last one,,,,for now.....
Ain't no cure for the summer time blues....
Nudist swimming dangers....
See your life could be worse...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jul-2002/Danger_in_a_nude_pool.jpg

Love~
Beth
beaubeads

mistymade
07-14-2002, 03:04 AM
Beth Myers, Oh dear! I'm rollin on the floor! I'm not gonna be able to stop laughing for the rest of the night! That is Mr. Bean's face right?!
I will never be able to go down a water slide again without thinking of that poor lady!!!:eek:
Can't quite laughing!
Misty:D

Jennifer Geldard
07-14-2002, 06:09 AM
LOL Beth!.... GREAT images.!!!

macbeth7
07-14-2002, 12:51 PM
Hehehe! Thanks for the laughs, Beth! :D :D

Beth

AMR GlassWorks
07-14-2002, 01:11 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! Oh hubby and I got a kick out of those pics!! My son used to be a big Mr. Bean fan. He could immitate him perfectly! That helped lift the spirits in here I'm sure! :D

macbeth7
07-14-2002, 02:51 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone for all of the good cheer! Life still kinda sucks right now, but at least I'm feeling better about it! To all of the other funksters out there, we will all get through this...it will get better! :clap:

Beth