PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to WC

JodiPrice
07-13-2002, 03:54 PM
I just signed up to the WC this week. WOW, you could get lost in here!!!!

I have posted on a few threads already but have not really introduced myself.

So far everyone has been wonderful and very helpful(showing me how to post a picture!).

My name is Jodi Lindsey(didnt get to creative with my user name, LOL). I am a hot glass artist, but mostly I am a mom!
I live in Arizona with my husband and two wonderful children that keep me on my toes and away from the torch most days.

I am fairly new to the lampworking world too. I made my first bead on a hot head on Dec. 9th. The addiction grew very fast! I am now on a minor with an oxygen concentrator and in hog heaven(for a while at least!)

I have met some WONDERFUL people in the lampworking world that have been so kind to and generous to me! I am so grateful to those individuals!
I belong to my local bead group and continue to take classes through the Mesa Arts Center with Laurie Nessel.

Besides lampworking I also dabble a bit in painting and poetry. Some of my work can be found on my website : www.beadworx.com

Thanks for letting me introduce myself and join another great community here at WC!

Sincerely,
Jodi Lindsey

Here is a picture of some recent beads I made called Sea Stars
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2002/SeaStars.jpg

ValorieCox
07-13-2002, 03:57 PM
Welcome Jodi!

I'm glad you made your introduction formally so we can all get to know you a little better. I've enjoyed looking at your wonderful glass works periodically, and look forward to your future postings. Glad you're here!:)

Best, Valorie

Glassy79
07-13-2002, 04:04 PM
Hi Jodi, Welcome to WC, Wild lookin beads.

ya need anything just ask. (well not just anything!):evil:

glassdude
07-13-2002, 04:18 PM
Welcome, welcome Jodi! How good you are to make such gorgeous and different beads so soon! Thanks for the picture... show more!
Jacqui

Modesto
07-13-2002, 04:22 PM
Welcome to WC Jodi:clap:

Your beads are spectacular and, unique...for these newbe eyes anyway:cool:

I think you're the first Jodi so it works for me:D

llis
07-13-2002, 04:27 PM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! So glad you have joined us!

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 04:33 PM
Hi Jodi,

Welcome to WC! I've seen your beads before, & they are always so nice! Are you sure you've only been doing it that long?!

:clap:
Beth

craftylady
07-13-2002, 04:36 PM
Welcome to WC Jodi. Those beads are really cool. keep the pictures comming...:)

BAM
07-13-2002, 06:02 PM
Welcome Jodi, great beads, thanks! We're all addicts or beadaholics here, you choose the category!
Betty

mistymade
07-13-2002, 06:06 PM
Welcome to wetcanvas Jodi! I love your beads! Beautiful!

Ilis, I love the m&m's, they look like they're saying "eat me!"

Misty

Nonie
07-13-2002, 06:29 PM
Hi Jodi..so nice to meet you. You have only been at this since December? Wow!
Nice work Jodi!

Laura Brito
07-13-2002, 07:03 PM
Hey Jodi! Welcome Girlfriend! hehe, glad to see you!

So are we going to see you this meeting in Mesa, AZ? hehe

I would love to see you there!? Do you know when it is?

Laura

anasazistudios
07-13-2002, 07:10 PM
Welcome to WC Jodi! Glad you are here! Love your beads!

Elizabeth

Mike E etc
07-13-2002, 08:26 PM
December? And your already pushing the envelope, nice work Jodi. :)
Mike E

b2beads
07-13-2002, 08:32 PM
Love the ruffles, Jodi! Yes, Jodi likes to push the envelop - much more experimental than I! I love your vessels, too.

B2

JodiPrice
07-13-2002, 09:59 PM
Thank you so much for the warm welcome and compliments! :)

I will share another pict of a set I did on Thurs. that I called "Hawaiin T-Shirt".

Laura - I havent recieved an email yet, but I believe it is going to be at Cynthia's house on Sunday the 21st. I will be there if it takes place and look forward to seeing you!

Sincerely,
Jodi Lindsey

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2002/HawaiianTShirt.jpg

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 10:11 PM
Another beautiful set, Jodi! :clap: Lovely cool but bright color combo.

Beth

AMR GlassWorks
07-13-2002, 10:13 PM
Welcome Jodi!! Boy do I love your beads!!!! They look like so much fun!! You'll love it here!! I'm a newbie also and everyone here has been so nice and helpful!! Enjoy yourself!!

snooze
07-13-2002, 10:46 PM
Hi Jodi,
Your beads are really great. You must be a natural! Thanks for posting the pictures and I hope you will post more for us. Welcome to WetCanvas!
Sue

Shirley C.
07-13-2002, 11:33 PM
Jodi, welcome to WC! December? Sheesh!! Really nice beads!

Nice to have you here - looking forward to seeing more of your bead pix, yeah!

Kathy Champion
07-13-2002, 11:44 PM
Welcome Jody,
Great vessels and beads, I love those ruffles.

Kathy:clap:

Carol Saker
07-14-2002, 02:33 AM
Hi Jodi!

So glad to see you here.:clap:

I don't want to embarass you or anything, but I wanted to tell everyone about the first time I met you at the beadmakers meeting...

Here is this really nice blonde lady holding a string of these incredibly perfect round pucker ended beads with incredibly precise dots in a rainbow of colors. These were her first beads! Incredible! I was torn between being insanely jealous and truly amazed. But Jodi is so nice that I can't help but be proud to know her. :)

See you and Laura in July!

Carol

rightbrainbeads
07-14-2002, 01:59 PM
hi jodi!

just wanna say 'welcome'! so glad to see you here!

(and, oh yeah, your beads are gorgeous too!:D )

lynne

Laura Brito
07-14-2002, 02:34 PM
Just look at her Angel Face! hehe, she looks like a baby and has a business, kids and a husband! She is pretty amazing! Very driven! hehe, sweet as can be!

Laura

sandge
07-14-2002, 02:39 PM
Welcome to WetCanvas, Jodi! Your beads are so pretty! :D

Glassy79
07-14-2002, 04:54 PM
Welcome to WetCanvas, Jodi........................I see you like working in my favorite colors. :D

JodiPrice
07-14-2002, 05:00 PM
Thank you all!

And Carol and Laura, you are making me blush!! :p Hope to see you both at the next meeting!

This place is so awesome. Many different art styles to check out. I am currently lost in the computer design picts! Even thinking of tyring some out myself!

Tried out the chat room last night and met some very nice people!

Laura, I think you got everyone to move over here from the ISGB forum! LOL!! I went over there and it's a ghost town!

Take care everyone!

:)

Lynne Smith
07-14-2002, 05:43 PM
:o Hi Jodi, Welcome. Love your beads. We started beadmaking at about the same time. Remind me to post my pictures as far from yours as possible.
Lynne

Miss Kate
07-14-2002, 08:38 PM
Welcome Jodi! Well, I started lampworkin a month later than you, but I have only 1/4 the talent that you are already exhibiting.

You go Girl!

Welcome!
Miss Kate

NewCreation
07-14-2002, 09:25 PM
Welcome Jodi! I love that set of beads!