PDA

View Full Version : Finally someone appreciates what I do!

DonnaB
07-13-2002, 03:52 PM
I met another mom at the park the other day and we got to chatting. Nothing extraordinary about that, but usually when I mention to an acquaintance like this that I melt glass to make my own beads over a torch flame on my back porch, people usually want to change the subject and I graciously allow it, there are lots of other things I can usually find to talk about with such a person, things that we are both interested in. But this young woman just made my day, my week, my year.
She exclaimed, "I LOVE people like you!" -just because I am a lampworker! This was really a nice shot in the arm for me. Every once in awhile you meet someone who is outside of the glass world who gets its...:clap:

ValorieCox
07-13-2002, 03:55 PM
Good for you Donna! Isn't it great when you can share those interests with someone 'in person'. Glad to hear it!:)

Best, Valorie

craftylady
07-13-2002, 04:46 PM
I agree with you Donna. I went to Atlanta with my husband on Wednesday he had a meeting Thursday. So I looked up glass in the yellow pages and met a really nice Lady. She worked at Daven ceramic shop. She gave me loads of info and she did not mind taking the time out of her day. I will return to her shop when she gives classes.

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 04:49 PM
Yay Donna! Always nice to meet the rare person who thinks your chosen obsession isn't boring, isn't it? :p

Beth

BAM
07-13-2002, 05:58 PM
Donna, that's great. It's so refreshing to run into someone who who is so supportive.
Betty

mistymade
07-13-2002, 06:01 PM
Now that is kewl!
Misty:)

anasazistudios
07-13-2002, 07:17 PM
Donna, that is so nice when people are interested in our passion. Just makes your day!

Elizabeth

Laura Brito
07-13-2002, 07:21 PM
Very cool Donna! It is a small world, and you never know who you will run into! I ran into someone literally at an airport that I had been looking for for the last few years. Funny how small the world is, they even live in another country! It was so cool!

Laura