PDA

View Full Version : WC Tech question (OT)

wildfirelauri
07-12-2002, 11:15 PM
I'm surfing along just fine on WC, enjoying myself..next thing I know I have to log on again. And again..and again. But, I've never logged out. Why is this? :confused:

Ann*S
07-12-2002, 11:23 PM
Hey Lauri,
It's funny, it happened to me twice in the last two days. I can only figure that somehow my cookies are getting cleaned, maybe when Norton scans or some weird thing??
:confused:

b2beads
07-12-2002, 11:52 PM
Hey, Lauri, under My WC! in Edit Options, are both "cookie" questions set to "yes"? That could do it. Check other options as well. BTW, I thought you were already IN Diana East's class? The opportunity to fluster Doug is awfully tempting...(:clap: Hi Doug! Hey, where are my beads? The auction closed yesterday! And you call that service :D )

Not to change the subject of your already OT thread (that really isn't OT...) but I'm trying out alternate ways of posting pictures. Someone let me know if the picture shows up now, but disappears later. (note - gave up and just left link. Would rather make beads...)

http://www.tkec.com//Images/B2Pictures/WC-001Sc.jpg

This guy's name is Rocky - no relation to your Rocky or my Rocky or my Clem... He's just taking a quick cat nap.

BTW, if anyone is interested, you can post pictures of you pets (since many of us obviously are pet lovers) on a thread in the animals and wildlife forum, and maybe their picture will be selected for a future drawing project. If nothing else, stumble over there and look at some cool pictures!

Now, Lauri, what were you wanting to know? B2

macbeth7
07-13-2002, 12:00 AM
Beth,

No kitties on my puter...just the dreaded red x.

:(
Beth

monster princess
07-13-2002, 01:01 AM
Same problem here even though cookies are set on. I also sometimes log in and instead of then going to the page I should be headed for, I end up at cnet.com. If I hit the back button and go again, all is well. Flaky.

There does seem to be a difference when I come through the front page of wetcanvas as opposed to coming directly to the forums. That's pure speculation right now but I'll test it.

B

Elankat
07-13-2002, 01:29 AM
Sometimes it helps if you go into your browser settings (if using Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser) and change it so that you always accept cookies from Wetcanvas.

Tools, Internet Options, Privacy tab, Websites area. Click the edit button and enter wetcanvas.com then click the "allow" button.

If you still are having issues (or any issues with the site), go post in the Site Discussions forum. Scott is incredible about getting back to you or fixing the problem.

Laura Brito
07-13-2002, 01:29 AM
I am not sure, but I thought it might be due to Scott working on the system, or something like that.

I wasn't sure either, it happened to me too a few times...

Laura

paintfool
07-13-2002, 01:37 AM
Hi guys. These are usually cookie related problems. For more discussion on solutions see this thread in the 'Site Discussions' forum.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48484 To make things a bit easier on yourselves you may want to post any site or navigation questions in that forum in the future, rather than here. That forum isn't nearly as fast moving as this one and your questions will likely be addressed in a more timely manner there. :)
Cheryl

sandge
07-13-2002, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by b2beads
Someone let me know if the picture shows up now, but disappears later.

F:\My Pictures\CATS\MelodysBabies\WC-001Sc.jpg

That is because they are not uploaded on to the internet anywhere but are on your computer's F drive. They appear for you because they are in your browser's cache for a while.

To get your images to show here, be sure to upload them to WetCanvas. I use the uploader which is found in the row of buttons near the top of every screen. Use the browse button to navigate to the image on your F drive, then click the upload button. A new screen will give you the code you need to get the picture in your post.

:)

b2beads
07-13-2002, 11:21 AM
Thanks, Sandra. I kinda figured that was going to be the case... I assume if I upload them to my server, it'll work... I'll give that a try. B2