PDA

View Full Version : Surfing Around WC

Glassy79
07-12-2002, 05:11 PM
Last night I finally decide to look around this place a bit. WELL I WANNA TELL YOU!

Ya gota hit some of those other places. We have in here some really great artists. I only hit 2 of them so far. Some great looking art work. Makes me feel like I'm in the Metro Museum of art in NY.

If you haven't paid some of the other sites in here a visit. Do It! Your going to be pleasantly surprised. Now you can't visit them all. so you have to make a list, and go in and look around. I saw some really super art work. If I don't tell you this your never gona know................

I have seen them in our Glass Art. And they even post about our work. Well I payed a few of them a visit. And I wasn't disapointed!

And I don't believe you will be either. I fell in love with Art when I was 13 years old. The painting was "The Gulf Stream" by Winslow Homer. And it's still my all time favorite.

I would like to hear from you when you visit a site. "PLEASE"

Remember...............If you don't stop to smell the flowers..............Your missing something!

Beth Myers
07-12-2002, 07:48 PM
I too went door to door in Wet Canvas last night. What an eye opener. I am a painter and collage artist so thats where I headed first, unbelievable stuff and the people, such talent and personalities. From there I went to the Artist Way group. One of my favorite book series, another outstanding place. Do yourself a favor and take a short trip around, visit, look at a bit of work, and just meet folks as unique as you are........
:cat:
Beth
beaubeads

Glassy79
07-12-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Beth Myers
I too went door to door in Wet Canvas last night. What an eye opener. I am a painter and collage artist so thats where I headed first, unbelievable stuff and the people, such talent and personalities. From there I went to the Artist Way group. One of my favorite book series, another outstanding place. Do yourself a favor and take a short trip around, visit, look at a bit of work, and just meet folks as unique as you are........
:cat:
Beth
beaubeads

Thanks beth. I plan on visiting all of the sites. I'm up to my ears in work here getting ready for a marble show in Ohio, I gota do better then Floating around mike.

I hope others stop and look around also.

mistymade
07-12-2002, 08:23 PM
I have visited the following channels: Watercolors, Portraiture, Colored Pencil, and the Figure. I'm really impressed by all of them! There is an artist on the colored pencil channel that does the most amazing fish! There is another artist that done a portrait of a Rottweiler and it looks so real! I love EVERYTHING about wetcanvas, and I do plan on visiting more channels and frequenting the ones listed above! There are so many talented artist on here and they are kind!:D
Misty

Modesto
07-12-2002, 08:39 PM
You owe it to yourself to visit the Structured Critiques section on WC. "henrik" really knocks me out.

Have you seen:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28623

and his article:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/509/168/

Elankat
07-13-2002, 01:42 AM
MikeE came by and posted a comment on one of my sketches. I had to say that I loved seeing his name. There's something great about seeing the glass people in other areas of WetCanvas. :)

And Misty...glad to see you are haunting the CP forum. It's one of my favorite "homes."

mistymade
07-13-2002, 01:51 AM
Hi Elankat, I will definately visit that channel a lot! I love colored pencils, one of these days I might get them out and do something....
Misty:D

paintfool
07-13-2002, 02:03 AM
Oh yes. There's MUCH to see here! We have an amazing wealth of talent and it's sooo much fun to watch both beginners and more accomplished artists grow right before your very eyes! We'd also like to see you guys wander into our chat room. We have a lot of fun in there. You can almost always find someone in there but if not, just sit there for a few minutes and someone is sure to join you. We have an insomniacs club :D That would include myself! And we've been known to chat until the sun comes up. Do stop in!:)

Cheryl

anasazistudios
07-13-2002, 06:13 AM
WC is wonderful! Checked out TAW and Sculpting channels! Very inspiring!

Elizabeth