PDA

View Full Version : My Intro

AMR GlassWorks
07-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Hi there- I've only posted a couple of times but it looks like I'm gonna be here awhile! Everyone is so nice and helpful here! My name is Anne and I live just north of Austin, TX with my husband of 15 years and my two boys ages 13 and 10. I just turned the "F" word- yes 40 but I don't feel like it (if there is a feeling with it!) I've been into some form of sort of art my whole life. Art classes were the only A+'s I got in school! :D In my life I've been a painter (oils and acrylics) woodworker, quilter, polymer clay beadmaker, crafts of all kinds, jewelry designer and now glass beadmaker. Thats all I want to do now is make glass beads and hopefully quit my job to stay home and make beads! I'm on summer break from my job at the elementry school my son goes to. I work as an Educational Asst II/ Lunchroom Monitor. Needless to say I liked half of my job! I've only been seriously making beads for the past 2 months and I'm getting better at it. Well I guess I've yammered on enough!! I'm glad there is this place and all you wonderful people are here to help!! :clap: I've attached a pic of me because I'm not sure I got it in my tinyhead shot or not!

anasazistudios
07-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Welcome Anne! Glad you are here! I'll be turning 40 next month and am looking forward to it!

Elizabeth

macbeth7
07-12-2002, 04:00 PM
Hi Anne,

I think I welcomed you before (?), but there's no such thing as too many welcomes! :clap:

Beth

Glassy79
07-12-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by AMR GlassWorks
Hi there- I've only posted a couple of times but it looks like I'm gonna be here awhile! Everyone is so nice and helpful here! My name is Anne and I live just north of Austin, TX with my husband of 15 years and my two boys ages 13 and 10. I just turned the "F" word- yes 40 but I don't feel like it (if there is a feeling with it!) I've been into some form of sort of art my whole life. Art classes were the only A+'s I got in school! :D In my life I've been a painter (oils and acrylics) woodworker, quilter, polymer clay beadmaker, crafts of all kinds, jewelry designer and now glass beadmaker. Thats all I want to do now is make glass beads and hopefully quit my job to stay home and make beads! I'm on summer break from my job at the elementry school my son goes to. I work as an Educational Asst II/ Lunchroom Monitor. Needless to say I liked half of my job! I've only been seriously making beads for the past 2 months and I'm getting better at it. Well I guess I've yammered on enough!! I'm glad there is this place and all you wonderful people are here to help!! :clap: I've attached a pic of me because I'm not sure I got it in my tinyhead shot or not!

Harold will help you get your tiny head pic up there! HAROLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help this lovely lady out.
He'll be here in a lil bit. just sit tight. and Welcome to WC. You don't know it. but you just found a second home.

MarySarah
07-12-2002, 05:03 PM
Hi Anne :p

Nice to "meet" you!

I was able to reduce a photo of me in Picture It to 60 x 60 pixels but it ended up being so tiny that I decided not to post it ... sorry I'm not more help there.

I've never been to Austin but I hear it's "the" city in TX right now and a great place to live.

I remember thinking the same thing at 40 (not all that many moons ago!) and my 81-year-old father has said that even though he looks and feels physically older, mentally he still thinks he's very young (he says it's quite a shock when he looks in the mirror ;) ) Don't worry, the best is yet to come ... many women I know say that they finally feel like they have everything "together" once they are in the 40s! Whoopee, something to look forward to :clap:

Looking forward to seeing your work ... I'm brand new to beadmaking or anything like that so it's lots of fun for me to see what everyone can do!

Cheers!
Mary

Ann*S
07-12-2002, 05:06 PM
Welcome Anne,
Beth,
there's no such thing as too many Ann(e)s ...
Ann

macbeth7
07-12-2002, 05:07 PM
I know that, Ann...I'm kinda one myself! :D I just meant that I think I said hello to that particular Anne before in another post, but didn't want to seem rude if I did not.

Beth Anne Dallam:cat:

Carol Saker
07-12-2002, 06:33 PM
Welcome and nice to meet you! Can't wait to see some of your beads.

Carol :)

Modesto
07-12-2002, 06:46 PM
Welcome to WC Anne:clap:

Lori Robbins
07-12-2002, 06:53 PM
Welcome Anne ((((((((((((BIG SOUTHERN HUG)))))))))))))

Any attempts to quit lampworking is futile. We have assimilated you. So sayith the LORG.
:eek:

Glassy79
07-12-2002, 06:54 PM
SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did I tell ya about harold. The guy has baby's sitting all over him feedin them changin them and he still has time to help out in here. The guy is almost a genius!

Modesto
07-12-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Glassy79
SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did I tell ya about harold. The guy has baby's sitting all over him feedin them changin them and he still has time to help out in here. The guy is almost a genius!

LOL I've been called many things before..LOL
Richard is still searching for lost marbles:D

AMR GlassWorks
07-12-2002, 07:21 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes!!! Thanks Harold for resizing my pic!! I'm not a computer wiz at all!!

Modesto
07-12-2002, 07:56 PM
My pleasure Anne...Maybe you will share your wisdom with me when I need help on a Glass topic:cool:;)

mistymade
07-12-2002, 08:01 PM
Anne, Welcome to wetcanvas! We need as many "Annes" (and "Beths") as we can get!:D
Misty

Shirley C.
07-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Hiya, Anne, and welcome! I turned the "F" word last December. Unfortunately, it wasn't 40. Doh! (OK, my secret is out - I'm 41... bbbbbwwwwwahahahahahah!! - yeah, right...)

Welcome to the glass addiction - it only gets worse! :D

JodiPrice
07-14-2002, 02:14 AM
Hi Anne,

You welcomed me on my introduction post, so of course I want to do the same for you....so welcome to the WC. We are newbies together :)

I feel the same way you do about only wanting to make beads!!
I am going to get my first chance at that once my kids start school this fall!

Hope to see you around on the forum!

Sincerely,
Jodi Lindsey

Ivyleaf
07-14-2002, 02:26 AM
Welcome to WC! and to the glass art forum!

:) :) :)
Ivy

llis
07-14-2002, 02:36 PM
Welcome to WC!, you'll love it here.

Anne Londez
07-14-2002, 05:19 PM
Ah ah, another Anne ;)
You will have fun there
Anne-the-French

Mike E etc
07-14-2002, 07:51 PM
A belated hi and welcome Anne. I just figured out that I can tell where I have been by paying attention...!... to the icons on this site.
Mike E

Miss Kate
07-14-2002, 08:35 PM
I'm with Mike E. - a belated Hi & welcome to WC. You'll see some of the most beautiful art, made by beautiful people right here!

Enjoy!
Miss kate

margaretz
07-14-2002, 09:10 PM
Welcome ann!

NewCreation
07-14-2002, 09:17 PM
Hi and welcome Anne. Glad to hear you are looking forward to 40! I am going to be 34 in Nov. I feel like I am getting better every year, so by 40, I'll be perfected...right?

Kathy Champion
07-14-2002, 10:01 PM
Welcome Anne. No wonder you are looking forward to 40...you could easily pass for 30!

Welcome to the site and to life on the other side! :)

Kathy

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-15-2002, 03:29 AM
Hi anne and welcome.....you will have fun here......Just think of all the years left for beads and that will make you very young.

Mary Sarah......your dad sounds like my Papa. His last age was 97 and he still couldn't figure out the "old" yet. The mirror was the only time that he said he saw the age but just couldn't feel it.

Bobby