PDA

View Full Version : Terry Ludwig's Basic Values Set

binkie
05-30-2008, 06:17 PM
I've been coveting Terry's Basic Values set to help me with values since I need to work on them. Does anyone have this set? What do you think of it? Has it helped you? (if you need help in this area like I do).

Kirsten, (who has graciously put the set on eBay) I'm really going to have to practice my pleading expression for hubby since I just bought the lights. Wonder if I'll be allowed to paint in the poor house?:D

Thanks!
binkie

water girl
05-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Binkie......you really neeeeeeeed them! :lol: :lol: :lol: I have many sets of Terry Ludwigs, and use them all of the time. Do you have his intense darks??? You might want to look at those eventually as well.
You've come a long way since I first met you. I think that you are become a pastel junkie like the rest of us.

Deborah Secor
05-30-2008, 08:03 PM
If you mean the Maggie Price Basic Values set, I have it and of all the sets you can buy I think it might be the single most useful one to help learn how to use value/color!

Deborah

CM Neidhofer
05-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Ohhhh.....thanks, binkie!! Want these too....!!! lol These will have to wait or I'll be painting in the dark with no electric! Hmmm......choices......lol

:p :lol:

Christine

binkie
05-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks Karen, Deborah, Christine!

Karen, Luckily I already have the intense darks. And thanks for your nice comment. Yeah, I'm a junkie.

Deborah, Your comment is just what I was looking for. I'm going to call hubby in and have him read it. :)

Christine, If you have to paint in the dark because you broke down and bought the set, come join me in my little corner of the poor house because I think I'm really going to push for them.

binkie

Maggie P
08-14-2008, 10:08 PM
I worked on developing this set with Terry Ludwig because I thought it would help my students understand and use value more effectively.

But I have to say, I've gotten to where I just don't want to be without the set myself. I rely on it more and more, and sometimes I think over half my painting is done just from that set.

I hear wonderful things from people who've bought it and used it. Hope you will get as much benefit from it as the rest of us!

binkie
08-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Hi Maggie,

I bought the set and just love it!!!! It really is helping me with values.

binkie

Dougwas
08-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Oh great! Another NEED!:D :evil:

Doug

binkie
08-15-2008, 02:17 AM
Definitely put them on your list, Doug!

binkie

Maggie P
08-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi Maggie,

I bought the set and just love it!!!! It really is helping me with values.

binkie

That's great! I am so glad you like them.:)