PDA

View Full Version : Two Weeks in Provence

Tressa
05-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Ok, I'm finally getting some time to write up my trip. It is kinda long, so I just put on my blog and you can check it out.
I am concentrating on the art history of the trip, as the workshop was more geared toward beginners, and I really didn't learn anything new, so I won't go into that part. It was a great trip, and I hope anyone who desires to be inspired will consider going here. Cheers, Tres

http://leonardosloft.blogspot.com/

binkie
05-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip!

binkie

Tressa
05-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Binkie, thanks..it was amazing and wonderful!

I added some more writing, and now is finished.
Tres

Colorix
05-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Tres, you had a wonderful trip/tour. Your (jetlagged) enthusiasm is tangible. :-)

I know that sense of awe when visiting the home/studio of some giant. Here he/she stood/sat/wrote/composed/painted, and so small the house is!

You get a bit of 'vetigo' when the historical 'hero' is revealed as a person of human size, who slept and ate and... er, washed his hands. Seriously, they become more human, more real, not as much an intellectual concept.

And we are all happily looking forward to thousands of paintings from your refs!

PeggyB
05-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip Tres. I enjoyed reading your blog, and could "feel" your emotions as you walked in the steps of Masters.

Peggy

Donna T
06-01-2008, 09:15 AM
I really enjoyed reading about your trip, Tres. Sounds like it was quite an emotional experience. I can't imagine walking where Vincent walked or seeing the tiny hospital room that he was confined to. I always wonder if he didn't have his mental condition (whatever the cause was or wasn't) if there would be as much passion in his work.

Donna