PDA

View Full Version : My second bracelet

JavaGirlBT
07-12-2002, 11:39 AM
I'm de-lurking - well, not technically because this is not my first post, but this will be my formal introduction. My name is Ellen and I live in NH. I have been addicted to glass since November, 2001. I don't have my own studio yet, but I am working on it. In the meantime, I am renting torch time at my LBS. I wanted to try to post a picture of my second bracelet I made with my own beads. My first bracelet was scarfed up by my sister who wouldn't take it off. Anyway, here's the picture. I know some of the beads are wonky, but that's because I was running out of mandrels and had to do two beads on one and I couldn't befriend gravity with two one one mandrel. Also, the focal is the best hollow I have done to date.

b2beads
07-12-2002, 11:47 AM
Great bracelet - VERY nice hollow! They are still my achilles heel... B2

ValorieCox
07-12-2002, 12:17 PM
Ellen, They are beautiful! Great colors and nice consistent sizes on your beads! Keep up the good work.:)

Best, Valorie

kesinnott
07-12-2002, 01:37 PM
Beautiful bracelet, Ellen! And welcome to WC! :)

Anne Londez
07-12-2002, 01:49 PM
Very nice and welcome :clap:
Anne (I love this clapping guy...)

macbeth7
07-12-2002, 04:03 PM
Hi Ellen,

Really great beginner beads...you must be a natural ! Glad you de-lurked...welcome to WC! :clap:

Beth

BAM
07-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Very nice bracelet Ellen.

My brother lives in Merrimac and we vacation in North Conway. Love the White Mtns. Near either place?

Betty

anasazistudios
07-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Love the colors! Welcome Ellen! Glad you are here! :clap:

Elzabeth

gnu
07-12-2002, 04:08 PM
Beautiful!!! love the bracelet thanks for showing us and wleome to WC!!!!:clap: :clap: :cat:

Kathy Champion
07-12-2002, 04:20 PM
Beautiful bracelet and beads. How do you keep your hollows so small? Mine get huge.

Kathy

Glassy79
07-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by JavaGirlBT
I'm de-lurking - well, not technically because this is not my first post, but this will be my formal introduction. My name is Ellen and I live in NH. I have been addicted to glass since November, 2001. I don't have my own studio yet, but I am working on it. In the meantime, I am renting torch time at my LBS. I wanted to try to post a picture of my second bracelet I made with my own beads. My first bracelet was scarfed up by my sister who wouldn't take it off. Anyway, here's the picture. I know some of the beads are wonky, but that's because I was running out of mandrels and had to do two beads on one and I couldn't befriend gravity with two one one mandrel. Also, the focal is the best hollow I have done to date.

YOoooooooooooooo! Java, Welcome outa the lurkin mode. Cool lookin beads. and my colors too! and your close to me too. where in NH? I'm in CT.
(gota pay this one a visit when i'm up that way)

MarySarah
07-12-2002, 05:36 PM
Hi Ellen!

I love your bracelet and can see why your sister snatched up the first one. You do beautiful work ... I love the blue colors and am impressed that you can make a hollow bead too.

Cheers!
Mary

JavaGirlBT
07-12-2002, 05:45 PM
Thanks, everybody! BAM - I live in Hollis, which is right near Merrimack and Nashua. Glassy, I went to college in CT (New London)! I don't know how I did this hollow as well as I did - they usually are deflated blobs of glass, LOL!
-Ellen

redhotbeads
07-12-2002, 06:19 PM
Love the bracelet - great colors, and nicely sized/shaped beads. Great work!

The clapping guy rules!! ;) :clap:

I lived in NH years ago - in Derry. Great area. I really liked the northern part of the state - it's so gorgeous there, particularly in the fall.
Kelly

Carol Saker
07-12-2002, 06:28 PM
That is a really great bracelet and you did a really nice hollow. :)

Welcome - its nice to see your work!

Carol

Beth Myers
07-12-2002, 07:51 PM
Such a grand bracelet Ellen,
I like the size of your hollow.
And the colors are beautiful.
Way to go!:clap: :clap: :clap:
Beth
beaubeads

Lori Robbins
07-12-2002, 07:58 PM
Welcome ((((((((BIG SOUTHERN HUG)))))))))))))
Those are wonderful! And it too.

mistymade
07-12-2002, 08:05 PM
Ellen, welcome to wetcanvas, glad you de-lurked!:) I love the bracelet! Noticed ya got some bubbles in there...I'm still trying to get the hang of those!
Misty:D

Modesto
07-12-2002, 08:07 PM
Welcome to WC Ellen :clap:
I might have already welcomed you but, I'm getting confused...how about a face?
Great beads, beautiful blue...I'm very fond of blue but, I live in a pink house:crying:

Glassy79
07-12-2002, 08:15 PM
did he say he was getting confused?
And I said he was almost a genius!

:o

margaretz
07-12-2002, 09:14 PM
Great bracelet. Nice colors, great hollow!

Shirley C.
07-12-2002, 09:43 PM
Welcome, Ellen! Very nice bracelet, and nice beads. Great job on the hollow! Keep up the good work.

My mom is from NH - smelly old Berlin, LOL! So I spent lots of summer vacation days in my youth in NH. Love North Conway, the Kanamagus highway, Franconia Notch, etc. etc. Sheesh, I'm getting homesick (I'm from CT, transplanted to CA in 1974.)

craftylady
07-12-2002, 09:55 PM
Cool looking bracelet I like those colors together. Show more pictures. I have tried hollow beads I made one thats all. They are hard work. Would love to see more.:clap: