PDA

View Full Version : Glenna Hartmann....

klord
05-28-2008, 02:12 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I feel compelled to pass on some sad information...On May 25, we lost Glenna Hartmann of Santa Barbara, California, a Master Pastelist, Signature Member of the Plein Air Painters of America and Founding Member of the Oak Group, a group dedicated to raising funds from their art exhibitions for environmental causes.

Glenna's beautiful, light filled pastel landscapes have been honored in major museum exhibitions, and grace the walls of her collectors and fellow artists. Those who have been blessed with Glenna's guidance in workshops or lucky enough to have painted along side her in the field will miss her fresh spirit and kind soul.

Please take a moment if you have time to see Glenna's paintings on www.glennahartmann.com (http://www.glennahartmann.com) or at the Easton Gallery http://www.eastongallery.com/all/artists/HARTMANN/hartmann.html

We will miss you, Glenna.

Sincerely,

Kim Lordier

Donna T
05-28-2008, 08:24 AM
Oh Kim, I am so very sorry to hear this. When I picked up a magazine several years ago it had Glenna's work in it. Her pastels are so beautiful and she really inspired me to learn how to use them. What a loss for all of us.

Donna

edencompton
05-28-2008, 09:39 AM
That is just incrediby sad. I love her work and kept hoping she would travel East someday. What a terrible loss -- please pass on our condolences.

Kathryn Wilson
05-28-2008, 10:21 AM
A huge loss for our pastel community - her paintings are filled with light.

Deborah Secor
05-28-2008, 10:58 AM
This is sad news, Kim, but thanks for letting us know. Glenna leaves behind a wonderful legacy of great paintings.

Paula Ford
05-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Such sad news. Her work is just so breathtaking.

bnoonan
05-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Kim, Thanks for letting us know. I am so sorry to hear of her passing. I took a workshop with Richard McKinley and he spoke so highly of her.

Barb

PeggyB
05-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Such sad news Kim. Thank you for letting the greater pastel world know of Glenna's passing. Her legacy leaves not only great paintings, but also a loving heart and memories for hundreds of other artists.

DAK723
05-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Kim,

Thanks for passing on the news and giving us these links to her work. Seeing her work for the first time, I am awestruck. These are some of the finest paintings I have ever seen. Her legacy will live on.

Don

Bringer
05-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Hi,

Those are indeed sad news.
Her name is not strange to me and I did come across with the Oak Group during my net searches.

Kind regards,

Josť

binkie
05-28-2008, 10:43 PM
How very sad. As Deborah mentioned, her paints are a wonderful legacy.

binkie

K Taylor-Green
05-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Such a loss. I am sorry to hear this.

nvcricket
05-29-2008, 01:47 AM
She was a marvelous artist, and touched more people than she could ever realize with her talent. My thoughts and prayers are sent to help comfort her friends and loved ones.

Carol

Anne Hevener
06-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Very sad news indeed. If you'd like to read the obituary, which was kindly provided to me by Ellen Easton of the Easton Gallery in Santa Babara, Calif., I've posted it on The Pastel Journal blog (http://pastelblog.artistsnetwork.com/Glenna+Hartmann+Remembered.aspx). A remarkable life.

chewie
06-02-2008, 07:08 PM
oh, this is so sad. she is the one i'd been waiting to take a workshop with, her paintings are some that i visit over and over again, this is such heartbreaking news.

alaskan rose
06-06-2008, 03:02 AM
I am shocked as well, I also am an admirer of her work and had dreamed of taking a workshop with her someday. My prayers are with her family and loved ones.

CJMonty
06-06-2008, 11:03 AM
:heart: I have just had a look at some of her paintings. Absolutely beautiful. What a loss to the Pastel Community and ceratinly not old. I had not heard of her prior to this or seen her paintings. Having looked at her work now, I see how she was an inspiration to many.

There are a number of Artists over there in the USA with whom I would love to take a workshop but unfortunately it is too far away and finacially restrictive.

Sorry to here of such a sad loss the the Artist Community.

Love Carolynn :heart: :heart: