PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Closet!!!

FiredDesires
07-12-2002, 02:16 AM
Ok, I've read, lurked and posted enough...time to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.
My name is Catharine and I have been doing glass for over 22yrs, and live in Sitka, Alaska.

I do stained glass, fusing, sandblasting, lampworking and glassblowing. Glass, glass and more glass. I'm addicted. I really like WC and thank Laura for steering us all here. The posters seem all so happy and friendly.

I enjoy seeing everyone's pretty pictures.....so I will show you one of mine :cat:

wildfirelauri
07-12-2002, 02:17 AM
Hey Catherine! Good to see you again. Maybe we should steer Brutus here? Miss ya!

macbeth7
07-12-2002, 02:21 AM
Hi Catharine,

Beautiful bicone! :clap: I think I might have already welcomed you in another post, but welcome again!

:cat:
Beth

Lori Robbins
07-12-2002, 03:23 AM
I just got here myself tonight :) But I welcome you with open arms. Your dicro bead is yummy.

Anne Londez
07-12-2002, 06:01 AM
Hi Catharine
Welcome here.
I have a questions for you: last year at the Gathering, a friend gave me a wonderful pendant, tear-drop in transparent purple with small flower inside, very delicate, and told me it had been made by a beadmaker in Alaska. Is that you ? I love this bead.
Anne

BAM
07-12-2002, 07:34 AM
Welcome Catharine, very pretty!
Betty

David Seckendorf
07-12-2002, 07:47 AM
Hi Catharine,

Welcome to WC. You're right; WC is a great place to hang out.

David

anasazistudios
07-12-2002, 08:06 AM
Welcome Catharine! Glad you are here! Yummy bead!

Elizabeth

Kathy Champion
07-12-2002, 08:14 AM
Welcome Catherine and what a beautiful bead. Bicones are still very difficult for me...one end is almost always wonky. Yours looks perfect. Send more!

Kathy

Mike E etc
07-12-2002, 08:33 AM
Hello Catharine,
Cool bead, I was going to say something about silver foil until Lori mentioned dicro?
The posters seem all so happy and friendly.
Not me:evil: I am just in therapy here at WC;) .
Mike, "much better now", E

Lori Robbins
07-12-2002, 09:42 AM
Um, yea looks like foil now that ya mention it. Oops. My bad.

Ann*S
07-12-2002, 10:09 AM
Welcome! That bicone is gorgeous. Wonderful intense color too.
Ann

FiredDesires
07-12-2002, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone for your compliments (insert shy stance here) and the welcome to WC.

Laurie, (little ms. dynamite) I miss you too "torch buddy"..I hear you about Brutus..maybe with all his medical stuff going on he hasn't had time/energy to investigate WC yet? We will keep our fingers crossed.

Anne, I have made so many floral pendants as you described, there is no telling where they all have ended up!! Alaska has many artists, although I only know two of them. Carolyn Driver, of Blueheeler (left AK this year:mad: ) and Michelle Waldron of Anchorage. Both ladies are "incredible" artists. (see my ISGB post, several months back, titled "those awesome Alaska girls"for a stunning pic of their work.

Kathy - yes, I know what you mean about those bicones..practice, practice. This bead looks good because your seeing it's best side !;) Kate Fowles video is the best I've seen for showing how to make a bicone..easy & up close viewing..but then again, artists of her caliber..make everything look easy!:D

Mike, good eye...it is foil...but because of the lighting/surrounding colors..at a quick glance, it does look like dichroic..Lori, had I not done the bead...I would have thought so too.

Ok.....all my friends in the flame...I'm off to torch and abuse some glass!