PDA

View Full Version : Posting pic question

BAM
07-11-2002, 07:24 PM
Okay, if this is the wrong place to ask these questions then set me staight okay? I now have a digital camera which I am still trying to figure out and would like to post some pics.

My questions:
1.) since I don't have a website, how do I post?
2.) do I need a service like Picturetrail.com?
3.) if I do need a service like Picturetrail, is that what you would recommend or, are their better sites?

I would love to share some pics with you but, I am now at a loss as to how to get them on-line. You've all just gotta see my "inebriated frog on a log in the sun"........move over Sharon Peters!
Thanks!
Betty

macbeth7
07-11-2002, 07:27 PM
Hi Betty,

On this forum, you are able to post pictures directly on the site. After the "your reply" box & after the "options" box, there is an "attach file" box. If you push "browse", you just need to point it to where the picture is located on your hard drive. It does have to be a certain size, as stated. Let us know if you need any more help. Can't wait to see that frog! :D

Beth

Glassy79
07-11-2002, 07:31 PM
Betty,

Don't ever feel afraid to ask a question in here. We (others in here also) will try to answer your question/questions as best we can. at the very least lead you in the right diration. I'm sure harold will be with you very soon to help you there. Mike might even have something to offer. I have a digital camera also and I'm just learning how to do it. I think someone else will be be better suited to answer that, so sit tight. get yourself a cool drink and wait. for your answer. ya got any strawberry short cake with banilla ice cream?

Modesto
07-11-2002, 08:43 PM
Hello BAM,

RE:"1.) since I don't have a website, how do I post?"

You can post images/photos directly from your hard drive.
When you post a message...two fields below "Your Reply:"...or, the big white box where you type in your message.
you will notice a field "Attach file:" To the right you should see the "browse" button...Click on it.

See image below...highlighted with red lines.

Modesto
07-11-2002, 08:44 PM
Next point to the drive, folder and file....where the image or photo resides on your computer.
In image 2 below...I'm pointed to a folder "image" and a file "1843GC5.JPG" on my computer.
The image or photo should be displayed in the "File name" field...highlighted with red lines.
Click on the "Open" button.

See image below...highlighted with red lines.

Modesto
07-11-2002, 08:44 PM
You should end up with something like displayed in the image below.
When you click on the "Submit" button to post your message...it should also upload and post your image/photo.

.jpg and .gif file extensions are common and accepted. I think the rule is 500x500 pixels and under 100k in size.

If you don't understand anything or need to know how to edit your images/photos...just ask.

Harold is changing diapers:D

macbeth7
07-11-2002, 08:53 PM
...unless she has a mac...

:p
Beth

ValorieCox
07-11-2002, 08:58 PM
Gee Harold, that's pretty impressive, and thorough!...and all while changing a diaper at the same time...no small feat!
:)

Valorie

Glassy79
07-11-2002, 09:03 PM
SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what did Itell ya. The guy never sleeps.

plays on the torch. (trying to make anything he can melt with it)

Lurks in here. ready to jump to help someone out. all while baby sitting a half dozen little ones! I wonder when he finds time to eat?

The guy is almost a genius! (I did say almost. that don't mean he is)

Modesto
07-11-2002, 09:04 PM
or Alpha or MIPS or ....webtv:eek:

Modesto
07-11-2002, 09:07 PM
Richard...is that you?

Glassy79
07-11-2002, 09:08 PM
Richard who? whos richard???

macbeth7
07-11-2002, 09:13 PM
That's why I went for the simple explanation. :D

Beth

Modesto
07-11-2002, 09:27 PM
Well we gotta give the old man some theatrics or, he might start guessing ages again.

macbeth7
07-11-2002, 09:39 PM
You gave him so much theatrics that he forgot his own name! :p

Glassy79
07-11-2002, 09:43 PM
Memory is the first thing to go.

Modesto
07-11-2002, 09:45 PM
It's the second thing that I'm worried about:D

mistymade
07-11-2002, 09:49 PM
Betty,
I can't wait to see the "inebriated frog on a log in the sun"!
P.S. I just gotta ask, are you the same Betty doing the video exchange??? I think you might be because your both from RI:D
Misty

Glassy79
07-11-2002, 09:55 PM
siiting here wondering why harold is worried bout the second thing????

BAM
07-11-2002, 10:07 PM
Harold and everyone else, thanks so much for your quick and thorough responses. You're all too nice! I will give it a shot . Am having a hard time capturing the true essence of my frogs. Uncooperative little critters-hehe. I'll get them on here one way or another.

Jen, thanks for encouraging me to ask questions. I'm in fear of being referred to the "archives."

Yes Misty, it's me! There probably isn't another Betty in this tiny little state who makes beads. I just ordered my videos today. I need to contact all of you. Will e-mail you tomorrow.

Hey anyone out there who might be interested in a video exchange? Let me know okay?
Betty

Modesto
07-11-2002, 10:08 PM
I'm not surprised with your memory gone and all...
Richard keeps making more marbles because he has lost so many.:D

Glassy79
07-11-2002, 10:31 PM
Harold.marbles are posta be round! not square!

Gota keep tellin him. ROUND! like in circle!

Anne Londez
07-12-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Harold
Well we gotta give the old man some theatrics or, he might start guessing ages again.

And we wouldn't want that, would we ? I'm out of rotten peaches anyway :angel:
Anne

Lenda
07-12-2002, 10:18 AM
Hi, I guess this is a good enough spot to introduce myself, I've been hanging around for a couple of weeks. My name is Lenda and my logon name is Ohbuoy-I sell painted buoys and sea shells for a living in the Florida Keys. I recognize lot's of you from hanging around ISGB, but since the change in forum there, (or something I'm not aware of) people seem like they're migrating here. I posted a thread at ISGB about it, somehow I felt like I was being betrayed. But after spending more time here, I feel like this could also be home. I posted my intro here because I would like to put MY tinyhead in. But for someone that doesn't have a digital camera, only my scanner, any tips on how I take the picture of me, put it on my scanner, save it to my hardrive, making sure it is the right size, and uploading? Sorry to have so many questions, I guess I need to know how, so I can also scan my beads and post them. Oh, I've been making beads since April of this year, and totally loving it!! And no, my studio looks nothing like Val's. It's outside on my porch! South Florida weather, you know! Any help will be appreciated. And Thanks in advance

wildfirelauri
07-12-2002, 11:19 AM
Welcome to WC Lenda. You may want to start a new thread with your pic posting questions. It could get lost at the end of this one. A nice feature about this forum is you do not need to upload your pics online, you can simply attach them from your hard drive.

AMR GlassWorks
07-12-2002, 02:08 PM
Hi again! I got how to upload a picture but I don't know how to crop my picture! :confused: Help!:eek: I'll be doing my intro soon- don't like to lurker!!:D

macbeth7
07-12-2002, 03:02 PM
Hi Lenda,

Welcome to WC! :clap: No reason to feel bad for coming here! There are some people who use one or the other, but there are many of us who travel back & forth between the two forums.

I'm sure Harold, our resident tinyhead, will be along shortly to answer all of your photo questions! :angel:

Beth

laughing glass beads
07-18-2002, 12:21 PM
Help! This is not making sense, how do you do that?

laughing glass beads
07-18-2002, 12:22 PM
small.

sandge
07-18-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by AMR GlassWorks
Hi again! I got how to upload a picture but I don't know how to crop my picture! :confused: Help!:eek: I'll be doing my intro soon- don't like to lurker!!:D
You need to use some image editing software to crop a picture. Do you have Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, software that came with your digital camera/scanner?

Zippity
07-19-2002, 05:29 PM
What are the pros v cons of displaying an image in a post as opposed to posting it as an attachment?

Personally, I prefer to look at the pretty picture, not go hunting for it :)

Is it a space issue?

Also, is there anyway of telling from the topics page, if a post contains a photograph?