PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to a great place.

Glassy79
07-11-2002, 07:19 PM
I have been reading through a good many posts about this and that. and decided to write this. I also thought it needed a new thread.

I can understand fully of the intimidation one will and can receive in the ISGB forum.
No need to go over again why I am upset with those that run it. Im here and its a far friendlier place. And yes, it is a gentle nature and supportive environment.

And just about everyone here welcomes you when youre here for the first time. If they missed you. Theyll catch you a few posts later. The ease at which you can posts pictures of your work. Something else you have to remember ISGB is a BEAD forum. BEADS! I went over there to LOOK around and saw a post by a newbe. This person just had to tell someone about the marble they had made. Well 2 days later that was still the only post! Not one person answered! So I emailed rather then post on that forum. Told them to come over here for information about marbles. Or anything else they wanted to know. If it has nothing to do with beads your not welcomed there. (Thats how I have felt) Since Im a marble maker.

But here at WC your welcomed no mater what it is you make with glass. And all here make you feel welcomed and like you were at home. I have seen a wonderful array of talent here. Not just beads. And it looks to me like what ever it is one does with glass. Feels very at home here. I am still in awe at the pictures of the work the glass artists are making. I to am impressed with the on the spot recognition and support one receives.

You ask a question about what ever? Tools, glass, kilns. Torches. Suppliers. Before you can finish eating dinner you have all kinds of input. Help from every corner of the earth. (some even speak French!) lol

To all the newbes I say this dont ever be afraid to ask anything. Even a new glass artist has something they did to share with you. This is a very large class room of information.

We have to thank laura for finding and starting this Glass art forum. Harold is kinda like the Public library. And me? Well er, ah. I like to pick on Harold and Mike. Ill help out where ever I can. And Id like to add a new member to the field of making beads. She has come a long way in a very short time. She has a studio you need a magnifying glass just to look for a speck of dust.. She is none other then Val. Im sure you have met her.

This list is growing every day. As more and more find WC and what it has to offer to the glass artist. Post pictures of your work no matter how bad you think it might be. We all started somewhere. You have something to say. Say it. You have an easy way of doing this or that. Be it mixing colors let us know. You will receive far more thanks here then you will ever see at.
Nuff said.. Welcome all to the best forum on the net since the invention of fire!
:evil: :angel: :confused:

Ann*S
07-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Glassy,
You are a sweet man.
Ann

margaretz
07-11-2002, 07:46 PM
Richard, very well articulated. I came to WC and haven't turned back for many of the reasons you described. It's just easy here- as long as you have an admiration for glass, one is welcomed and is welcomed well. An environment like this makes me want to make more beads...to challenge myself and become more versed in this amazing medium, and to be able to come here and get constructive and encouraging input. Newbie work gets the same reception that more advanced pieces do, and that's the way it should be. So thanks to everyone here for making it such a wonderful place!

Jennifer Geldard
07-11-2002, 07:47 PM
Touche'! (just adding the french there. :)

And just a slight correction because I've seen it a few times...

I believe it was laura (Brito) and not lauri (Copeland .....though she's one hot chick ) that launched this brilliant new forum for us all.

Peace

-Jen

ValorieCox
07-11-2002, 09:04 PM
Well put Richard!
I'm glad you started a new thread to voice your (our) thoughts so clearly!

Valorie:cat:

Glassy79
07-11-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Jennifer Geldard
Touche'! (just adding the french there. :)

And just a slight correction because I've seen it a few times...

I believe it was laura (Brito) and not lauri (Copeland .....though she's one hot chick ) that launched this brilliant new forum for us all.

Peace

-Jen

Thank you for correcting me. thats who I ment
I gota go back and edit it right now.

thanks again. (see.even I make mistakes)

Modesto
07-11-2002, 09:33 PM
LOL "sweet man" Yes, that's what I was thinking too:D

Glassy79
07-11-2002, 09:41 PM
did harold just call me sweet?

mistymade
07-11-2002, 09:42 PM
Shookrun (arabic for "thank-you") Richard!
You put into words exactly what I was thinking!!!
Misty:) (who feels at home here at wetcanvas!)

Kathy Champion
07-11-2002, 09:44 PM
Richard, well said and I think you're sweet also!

Harold, gotta love a man in touch with his feelings!

Kathy

Modesto
07-11-2002, 09:46 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

:clap: Kathy:clap:

Glassy79
07-11-2002, 09:58 PM
Thanks kathy. (stickin togue out at Harold )

BAM
07-11-2002, 10:17 PM
Richard thanks for the global welcome. I certainly feel comfortable here.
Betty

Glassy79
07-11-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by BAM
Richard thanks for the global welcome. I certainly feel comfortable here.
Betty

Bam, your right next door to me. I'm in CT. :clap:

paintfool
07-12-2002, 01:59 AM
Awww Richard. What nice things to say! :) I understand that the purpose of the board that you guys have come from is to promote work with glass beads pretty much exclusivley. I'm sure that it serves a good purpose. I did take a bit of time to look around there a bit and enjoyed some of the converstation. It seems very organized. But with that said i'd like to tell you guys how very much we are all enjoying having this very cool new forum and all of it's talented members aboard here. WC is a site designed to assist all artists of all mediums. We have many different forums, as you've no doubt discovered. :D Each has been carefully designed to accomodate the many different needs of our members. BUT there are a lot of people who are interested in more than one form of visual art and this is an especially exciting place for the diversity of it all. I would never want to down play the role of the ISGB but in comparison it's a bit more limited in it's format than this site. I hope you all enjoy cruising the forums and feel free to comment on and discuss anything at all. In the wonderful world of art we can expect to discover new ideas each and every day. I have learned so much about glass in the last two weeks that my head spins! :D Please understand that ALL forms of glass art are welcomed in this forum. I really loved the angle i saw the other day and i'm so sorry that i don't know the artists name off hand (will have to look that one up :) ).
We do not censor artistic content or posts, as you know and erotic art is art. We only ask that during the posting of the nude figure we indicate the post to contain a nude by inserting the butt icon. This is just a courtesy. But the work is certainly welcomed.
One final note. This is a brand new forum and all suggestions, requests or comments are always welcomed and considered. Enjoy your new home and check out all of the very cool features available to you, including web hosting. Thanks for joining us.
Cheryl
P.S. You may message any of the moderators of this site for assitance at any time.

wildfirelauri
07-12-2002, 02:09 AM
Awwwe Richard...wiping a tear from my eye..so sweet. If you ever need backup help in picking on Mike or Harold, you can count on me. And yes, I have been sure to give credit to Laura Brito for finding this forum. It's been a wonderful resource and and a lot of fun.