PDA

View Full Version : International Artist Magaizine

Adiro
05-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Hello
I went to their site after reading a book recomandation on this forum, I liked what I saw and I wanted to subscribe. I also wanted to buy the book. However their site seems messed up I believe, and after placing credit card info and such the connection timed out. I wrote to them twice since, asking if order went through, so if it didn't I may do it again.

They praise themselves with their level of customer service, however in 4 four days I did not hear from them.

Are they worth all this trouble? I am disappointed. If you know about them or their magazine, please let me know, thank you!

nana b
05-22-2008, 10:56 AM
They have a phone number listed, why don't you call and talk to a real person? Then let us know because their site looks interesting.

nana

Tracy Lang
05-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Their magazine is one of my favorites and definitely worth the trouble. I also placed an online order for a subscription and a book. The book came right away, but the subscription did not. I contacted them via email and they were very responsive and fixed the problem. Hope this helps!

Tracy

PeggyB
05-22-2008, 01:56 PM
I too purchases the magazine and a book on line, and received prompt email confirmation of both orders. The book arrived very promptly, but I have yet to receive a magazine. I think I remember reading that it will be the June or July issue, and at least 6 weeks before receipt depending upon which issue I'm getting. The six weeks were just up now. The email confirmation also said I would begin with Issue 61. Upon going to the site, I see that is the current June/July issue so I hope to get it soon. If not, I'll let you know.

Peggy

Adiro
05-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi again, thank you for answering!
I just wanted to update on the problem,
I called them, they have a 1-877 number ( thank you Nana for pointing it out, I didn't see it) and they were very nice,
I was told the book ( Harley Brown's book that Peggy recommended I think, and I trust her advise) will arrive in 7 days, and the magazine I'll start getting it at the end of July ( buuu, so late) starting with issue 62.
So , yeah, problem solved :)

Peggy yes, I think yours is just about to arrive, if it's issue 61, probably at the end of May, they are a bi-monthly publication... let us know how it is, I heard it's full of nice glossy prints...

PeggyB
05-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Peggy yes, I think yours is just about to arrive, if it's issue 61, probably at the end of May, they are a bi-monthly publication... let us know how it is, I heard it's full of nice glossy prints...

I used to get the Pastel International when it was in publication, and it was by far the absolute best art magazine on the market. The reproductions are very beautiful, and as near to being correct color as a second medium(printers ink) can be. The articles are well written, and seeing work from all over the world made it exciting as well. Unfortunately, that magazine didn't have a strong enough base to survive. Now they include pastels with the other mediums in International Artist. That's ok with me as I can always learn something by looking at them too not to mention the inspiration they give me. :)

I'll be sure to let you know when if arrives.

Peggy

Peiwend
05-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Adiro and Peggy, I've subscribed to "International Artist" for several years now and love it. The quality is very high and I'm rarely disappointed. I've also ordered some books on sale from them online and the service was very good.

_____________________________Wendell

eagle owl
05-23-2008, 09:12 AM
International Artist is by far my favourite magazine. I've also ordered books without any trouble. THeir customer service in UK is really good.

Carol

PeggyB
05-24-2008, 02:05 PM
:clap: It arrived on Thursday, and I finally got a moment to look at it this morning. WOW! The International Artist is every bit as good as its "late" sister, Pastel Artist International. It is filled with beautiful paintings in all manner of speaking, information, and inspiration. They even guarantee a minimum of 164 pages per issue (this one I had to count both sides of the cover to get to 164, but even those should count!

Of course the first article I read was by Harley Brown. In one word, it is Fabulous. It is so heartening to learn someone of his stature has written something that I've felt within myself for years - I paint/draw to please myself, and it matters not what others think of my work. Thanks Harley! :heart:

Peggy

Bringer
05-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Hi,

I've bought the book Painting Children in Pastel (I guess I remember the title correctly) from them at a really good price - how I regret for not having bought Harley's book which I cannot find anywhere now - and I usually buy the magazine International Artist, which is my second favourite one.
My favourite magazine and respective website that is miles away from the other ones (in my opinion) is the American Artist.
I may subscribe one day, especially with the dollar being so weak.

Kind regards,

Josť

PeggyB
05-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi,

I've bought the book Painting Children in Pastel (I guess I remember the title correctly) from them at a really good price - how I regret for not having bought Harley's book which I cannot find anywhere now - and I usually buy the magazine International Artist, which is my second favourite one.
My favourite magazine and respective website that is miles away from the other ones (in my opinion) is the American Artist.
I may subscribe one day, especially with the dollar being so weak.

Kind regards,

Josť

Josť Harley has a new book. It is available through International Artist on line, and is also a very useful, inspirational book. The title is in fact: Harley Brown's Inspiration for Every Artist. You may want to order this one before it disappears too.

Peggy

Bringer
05-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi Peggy,

Yes, I'm aware of that one. But I WANT the other one.
If you have it, I'll even offer you 5 bucks for it :-)

Kind regards,

Josť

PeggyB
05-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi Peggy,

Yes, I'm aware of that one. But I WANT the other one.
If you have it, I'll even offer you 5 bucks for it :-)

Kind regards,

Josť

:confused: Would that be 5 Euro bucks or 5 Us Dollar bucks... ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

and I have both of them in hard back .... not for sale at any price... nor are they for loan even to my best friends.

Really Josť you should think about buying the new one, and then hope one day the other one will be re-printed. If enough artists keep asking the publisher to re-print, they might do it... Let's fill the IA email box with requests to reprint Harley's other book!

Peggy

Adiro
05-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Hi Peggy!
So exciting to see that you got the magazine! I am prepared for a long wait, but it will be worth it.

I'll look into the American artist, never had this one either.

I looked at HB. old book too but the prices are ridiculous, but yes they can be found through Amazon ... The new one is what I ordered too, after all ( if I remember correctly) I believe he was Canadian originally ( not sure thought)