PDA

View Full Version : New Project Coming: Solar System Beads

Tink
07-11-2002, 03:37 PM
In one of the Usenet groups (rec.crafts.beads) we had a discussion about how cool it would be to make a set of lampwork beads that represented our solar system.

I've not been able to get that concept out of my mind, and my best friend (who also reads the r.c.b. group) keeps asking me if I've started work on my solar system set yet. I haven't :rolleyes:

So..... I thought it might be fun to introduce this concept as a project here at WC. The possibilities are endless! The sun... The rings of Saturn... Even, perhaps, an asteroid belt!

The project is still awaiting approval, but once it's official, you'll see that I've listed some links there to get you started. I hope you have fun with this!

b2beads
07-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Woo hoo! It's a project bonanza!!! No lack of inspiration these days!

Did you post some reference photos? I think that would be great with some cool ref. photos included.

B2

Tink
07-12-2002, 02:12 AM
I posted some great links to NASA images and information about the planets and such... Really looked through a LONG list of links, then culled... and culled... and culled some more to make sure they were truly useful.

I think this can be a fun project, and am looking forward to everyone's participation!!!

It's SO exciting!!!:clap:

Ann*S
07-12-2002, 10:19 AM
Hi Tink,
Sounds great! These projects are great. I am accidently on a photography one also!!:confused:
Ann

Jennifer Geldard
07-12-2002, 01:37 PM
Ann,
If you go to the "my WC" area, and go to "My projects",
you can remove yourself from projects that you decide you'd rather not do.

Ann*S
07-12-2002, 01:52 PM
Jen,
Thanks so much. I didn't know that and it makes me feel more confident about maybe trying it and if my photos come out terrible I can delist...
Thanks!
Ann