PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher May 19 - May 25

Pat Isaac
05-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We went to our oldest daughter's to see her perform in a musical "Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". She belongs to the local theater group in her area and always participates in their spring musical. It was a excellent performance, well done. We went back to her house for family birthdays and cookout. My grandson's, my SIL's and mine. Fun time. Busy day today, so I will be out of the house until late.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

Shirl Parker
05-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Here's what I've been doing for the
last week--and painting my surfboards
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2008/113427-P1000752.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2008/113427-P1000758.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2008/113427-P1000755.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2008/113427-P1000762.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2008/113427-P1000777.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2008/113427-P1000772.JPG

Scarefishcrow
05-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Pat, sounds like a talented family all around.

Shirl..I have to start reading more slowly. I missed the "and" and it took me a few minutes to realize those pictures don't have anything to do with the surfboards!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :o :o

Sad to see the mind go! At least your dogs are small. Try a 50# black lab that thinks she should be able to curl into massive ball between her mama and papa who DO NOT have a king sized bed!!!!! Sleep at the foot of the bed!!!! How can you hug me down there???? I have to be up at the top like everyone else! Ok then Zoey, you have to learn you want to sleep with the people you gotta sleep LIKE THEM! STRAIGHT AND NOT IN A BALL!

Of course, who would let a fifty pound black lab cutie with the most beautiful and sad eyes sitting on her specially ordered bed looking longingly up at you get into their bed anyway????? Must be a real idiot if you ask me! (So please, don't ask).

:lol:

BILL

Shirl Parker
05-19-2008, 05:10 PM
For those of you who don't know, the Pearl the Jack Russell is mine and the other two miniature Schnauzers - Haley (10ish) and Coco (Loco) less than 1 year - were being cared for by me. Every time I care for someone else's dog it's reinforced what a dream dog I have.

Pat Isaac
05-19-2008, 05:24 PM
I definitely recognized the schnauzers as my SIL and her daughter have them and even breed them. Aaw, Bill absolutely, it is hard to look into those eyes. When our kids were growing up we had a mix, part shepherd and great dane. Fortunately he was the size of a shepherd. He was forbidden to go upstairs to the bedrooms and for the most part obeyed. However, he was terrified of thunderstorms and if one occurred in the night he wanted to be with people for protection so this dog would literally tiptoe up the stairs. I kid you not, wood stairs and he did tiptoe.

So where are the surfboards????

Pat

Shirl Parker
05-19-2008, 05:29 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2008/113427-P1000781.JPG

Pat Isaac
05-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Wow, that was quick, Shirl. Ask and there it is. These are awesome...so bright and colorful. :thumbsup:

Pat

Shirl Parker
05-19-2008, 05:31 PM
I had just posted the latest over in Acrylics.

Scarefishcrow
05-19-2008, 08:12 PM
I definitely recognized the schnauzers as my SIL and her daughter have them and even breed them. Aaw, Bill absolutely, it is hard to look into those eyes. When our kids were growing up we had a mix, part shepherd and great dane. Fortunately he was the size of a shepherd. He was forbidden to go upstairs to the bedrooms and for the most part obeyed. However, he was terrified of thunderstorms and if one occurred in the night he wanted to be with people for protection so this dog would literally tiptoe up the stairs. I kid you not, wood stairs and he did tiptoe.

So where are the surfboards????

Pat

:lol: x 50!!!!!

Pat, you ain't going to believe this. We got this cutie (and she really is a loving and fun dog) from our stepdaughter in Cancun after someone gave her the puppy and she finally realized she just didn't have the space and situation to keep it. Well, she previously had a shephard mix that didn't like men and we used to call our ganddog becuase he frequently stayed with us. Jake developed lymphoma which is horribly rapid in dogs and he stayed with us until we had to put him down. In the meantime, I had really become attached to him and he finallly got to trust and like me (usually animals love me and it was frustrating that he would shy away with the real low under his breath growl). Well, we have a great vet that came out to the house and we took Jake out in the backyard that afternoon and stayed with him in one of his favorite spots till late afternoon when the vet came. In a way it was good that my stepdaughter wasn't here because as hard as it was on us, she would have had trouble doing what had to be done. Anyway, we had 5 cats at the time (down to 3), have gone through same thing with them. Love cats, but Jake made me realize there just is something about the affection of a dog that is special!. I kept dropping hints to my wife about getting a dog but she wasn't that keen on it. Anyway, when our stepdaughter was trying to decide what to do, we offered to take the dog (of course mama spends more money on doggie toys than I do now!).

Sorry, story like this you just can't make short, I apologize, but it is so ironic.

Anyway, we got her when she was almost 2 (little over 3 now) and labs are always energetic. One night she was wired like a new house and acting like she wanted something and we couldn't figure out what. Didn't want to go out, it was storming. Went into front of house and she acted like she wanted to go down to basement as she did often with me where I had my computers and art stuff. Got down there and she headed for the deepest darkest corner under the heaviest shelving she could find and didn't want to come out. Finally got her back upstairs and had to lay down on her bed and sleep with her. Her heart was racing and she was breathing so hard I was afraid she was going to die.

Turns out, we learn from stepdaughter, that as a puppy she went through the awful Hurrican Wilma when she was with my SD in Cancun. So she is terrified of thunder and lightning (we have to even give her Valium before storms to keep her from freaking out).

Well, not too long ago she started acting strange at night like a storm and she was afraid, but no storm. Finally we put her up between us and she calmed down. Finally figured out later it was lights flashing on some network drives in a nearby room that looked like lightning. Unfortunately, she had now had a taste of the good life. Where before she would even try to get on the bed, now as soon as both of us are heading for up, up she jumps. Not easy to dissuade a 50# dog to go back to her own bed.

So now she starts out between us. Gets some snuggles and during the night she goes to her own bed next to ours to "ball up". Sometimes she comes back later. Now I know what it is like to have little kids that want to sleep with you when they get afraid!

So your story gave me the high point of my week and I thank you for that. You, too, Shirl. I'm sorry this is so long but I laughed so hard I just had to share how much you two contributed to giving me the biggest belly laugh I have had in ages.

And yes, Shirl, those are neat surfboards. You're nuts if you actually use them!!!!!!

:music: :heart: :heart: :music:
Retirement wouldn't be nearly as much fun without all of you!!

BILL

Scarefishcrow
05-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Good grief!!! I did it again!!!!!

I though you meant you were painting REAL SURFBOARDs. I feel like such an idiot.:o x50.

Is there a home for people like me, Pat????

Bill

Pat Isaac
05-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Hmmmmm....possibly, I'll look around...:lol:
I'm sorry about your first dog, Bill. That is always hard. Very funny about the actions of your puppy. I never realized that dogs were afraid of thunder storms until we had that one. Here's another ancedote....We used to spend vacations on Cape Cod in Eason and out in the bay was a target ship, which was practice for the nearby air base. Well, one night my husband decided to take the dog down to the beach to "see" the noise and possibly he would get over his fear.....dumb...When the planes came in the dog literally dragged my husband off the beach and then wouldn't get out of the car, because it was protection.....:lol: Ah, the things we humans do..

Pat

Scarefishcrow
05-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Hmmmmm....possibly, I'll look around...:lol:
I'm sorry about your first dog, Bill. That is always hard. Very funny about the actions of your puppy. I never realized that dogs were afraid of thunder storms until we had that one. Here's another ancedote....We used to spend vacations on Cape Cod in Eason and out in the bay was a target ship, which was practice for the nearby air base. Well, one night my husband decided to take the dog down to the beach to "see" the noise and possibly he would get over his fear.....dumb...When the planes came in the dog literally dragged my husband off the beach and then wouldn't get out of the car, because it was protection.....:lol: Ah, the things we humans do..

Pat

I'm under strict time limits from She Who Must Be Obeyed about packing, but later I'll share the anectdote about my mistaken idea several years ago when I married and my cat was afraid of the dog I simply needed to hold him and make him feel safe and introduce him to the dog. :rolleyes: Bad ideal; I neave knew cats could do so many things at once (massively) and bolt from your arms simultaneously. Immediate shower required!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :o :o

Leaving tomorrow to see my wonderful sister. You would love her. She is a principal (loved elementary, but they moved her to the new middle school because she had experience in testing and wanted to get scores up!!). One of the hardest working principals they have and they just don't appreciate her. What is it with school administrations??

Have fun on your trip and I will take care of your request.

BILL

Pat Isaac
05-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks, Bill. I have so many funny stories about our dog as I'm sure everyone has about their pets. Keeps us healthy.
Have a great trip, Bill. Ah, don't get me going on school administration...:eek:
I worked in the garden all day yesterday, cleaning out and planting. After the holiday we will put in our veggie garden.
Today I'm off to the studio and will post some progress later.

Pat

AngelaF
05-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi everyone unseasonably cold here, but at least not raining right now.

Shirl, I love your surfboards. Yes, other people's doggie children do not seem as good as our own most of the time, LOL.

Bill, loved your animal stories. Do you kennel your lab while you are away, or have some other care arrangements? Hope you enjoy your trip!

Pat, wow, I admire your stamina with that garden. I threw some hay bales out of the loft on Sunday -- and was achy and tired from it all day Monday. I seriously am starting to find the manual labor of a small horse farm a bit overwhelming.

I finished my dog portrait in CP and gave it to my friend yesterday, she was very thrilled. I am having a bit of a love affair with these CP's now, anxious to start another just to insure myself the first one wasn't a flash in the pan. I posted it in the CP forum, though it is much more grainy then in reality:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthreads.php?+=497126 (PS -- I don't know how you do it, but I cannot get this to take me there after trying and trying to make it right, so if too much bother, never mind)

Being asked to do mural panels again, may PM a couple of you re an opion, best to not discuss in a public form--lawsuits happening in other online communities, discussion banned.

Have a great day all, Angela

Pat Isaac
05-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Lovely colored pencil rendering, Angela. I really like the dog's expression. Here is a link to it. http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497126
I am also achy my first few times out in the garden, but I try to stay in shape over the winter at the gym so I won't be too bad off. Sort of works. A horse farm is a lot more work than a few gardens. I admire your stamina.
Let us know what you decide about the murals.

Pat

Scarefishcrow
05-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Greetings from the SUNNY, HOT south. Temps in 90's today. TG for AC! Spent most of day catching up on sleep I didn't get staying up all night packing before leaving. Someday my wife will learn it's genetic and cannot be changed!!!

Will be down here till June 10th, but have inet access so should be able to keep connected. My sister is principal at the middle school and works during summer so I plan on having some time to paint/sketch. We'll see. Am using dialup from my sister's home which I had forgotten was soooooo sloooow. Will go to school with her to use high speed later so this will be short. Will check out your cp after this Angela, hope you can find a path you will be happy with regardiing murals.

Will try and package some heat and send up north!!! (Wish I could).

Wanted to say hello and will keep in touch. Wedding on Saturday. So many new little ones and significant ones around I think I need a program to keep up with all the family stories.

Have a great and productive trip Pat. Ciao. for now. "See" everyone later.

BILL

Pat Isaac
05-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Wish it were warm here.....but maybe soon. (I'll take the package, Bill) We are leaving this morning for Maine and will be back on Tuesday. I am taking my art with me and hope to get a lot done. Hope all will be well here as I'm sure it will. I won't have internet access up there.
Have a great time at the wedding....
See you all later.

Pat