PDA

View Full Version : I'm in awe!

BAM
07-10-2002, 03:22 PM
You guys are all so wonderfully talented. I look at your pics each day and want to comment on all of them but, I just don't have the time. So, to all of you...thanks! Thanks for sharing. I love your work. I aspire to make such wonderful beads.
Betty

ValorieCox
07-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Betty, Welcome, and glad you are enjoying the photos...such a treat aren't they? Leave a comment, however brief, every so often, just so we know you're there. If you need any help getting your 'tinyhead' in place, just ask, or send a 'private message'.

Best, Valorie:cat:

margaretz
07-10-2002, 04:18 PM
WC is exciting, isn't it? So many sources for inspiration... so many of the beadmakers (obviously myself NOT included... still very newbish) at WC are just incredible... It gives me lots of incentive and encouragement to improve technique...

b2beads
07-10-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey, Valorie - can I use a picture from my 1991 passport? That's the last "good" picture taken of me! (And when was the last time you ever saw a truly "good" passport photo...) :D

ValorieCox
07-10-2002, 05:01 PM
Oh no Beth, that's pretty sad!
I think the white kitty works great!

Best, Valorie

b2beads
07-10-2002, 05:03 PM
Gee, thanks for the moral support, Val :p

And it's not even MY white kitty. Hmm, I'll have to come up with something suitably silly...:evil:

B2 :D

wildfirelauri
07-10-2002, 05:42 PM
Welcome to WC Betty.
B2, of course that's not your cat..it's my Rocky! Yours is merely an imposter.
And speaking of tiny heads, I lost mine a long time ago, along with my marbles. sigh.
:cat:

Mike E etc
07-10-2002, 06:32 PM
Hi Betty, stick around and have some fun and post some work.I lost mine a long time ago, along with my marbles. Hello! lauri, I resemble that remark! AND that cat looks decidedly, not French blue, but I need some oxygen, blue.
Mike, holding my breath on this one, E

Ann*S
07-10-2002, 06:50 PM
Lauri,
Those look like very tiny heads...how many did you lose? There are three in my tranquility bead.
BTW, I thought that was my white cat Rocky!
Ann

Shirley C.
07-10-2002, 07:41 PM
Hiya, Betty, and welcome to WC!

What part of Rhode Island are you in? I have relatives in Westerley and Wakefield. In fact, they'll be spending the weekend at my house here in California - no torch time, boo hoo!

macbeth7
07-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Welcome to WC, Betty!

:cat:
Beth

BAM
07-10-2002, 09:24 PM
Hi All:

Actually, I've posted a few times but, I am a newbie to lampworking and have not yet shared any pics. I am still trying to figure out how to use my digital camera. Will share one day. Boy, will I be humbled.

Shirley, I live in Portsmouth, on the same island as Newport. We love it here.

Thanks all for your welcome. I just spent some time of the Art Business forum.....interesting.
Betty

Shirley C.
07-10-2002, 09:33 PM
Hmmm, Portsmouth - 21 years ago, I had a wonderful dinner in a restaurant in Portsmouth. It was near the base of a bridge - had blue fish, which lots of folks don't like but I happen to love if it's nice and fresh. And Johnnycakes...

Looking forward to hearing more from you, and seeing your beads!

MarySarah
07-10-2002, 11:30 PM
Hi Betty!:clap: :clap: :clap:

It's nice to see you here too:p I'm sure you'll be posting bead pics LONG before I'm brave enough ... and everyone here seems to be quite kind so don't be afraid (haha, easy for me to say! NO WAY would I post the little uglies I've made so far).

Mike E., just have to say "HI!" to a fellow Iowan! Where in Iowa do you live? When I lived in the south and mentioned that I grew up in Iowa, no one ever knew where it is. They'd say, "Oh, that's the state where you grow potatoes!" I attended the U. of Iowa and a store in Iowa City sold t-shirts that read across the front:

University of Iowa
Idaho City, Ohio

Small world!

Cheers!
Mary

Shirley C.
07-10-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by MarySarah
... and everyone here seems to be quite kind so don't be afraid (haha, easy for me to say! NO WAY would I post the little uglies I've made so far)...
Mary

Well hey, MarySarah and Betty, didn't you see the thread I started awhile back with my newbie bead pix? You don't have to be shy about posting bead pix. Everyone was a "newbie" at one time or another. I remember only too well what a difficult time I had making a bead without pointy ends. I was convinced I'd never get the hang of it.

wildfirelauri
07-11-2002, 02:56 AM
Hey Anne, I didn't realize that was you! Let a person know next time. And Mike, if I find any marbles, I hope at least one of them is yours.

Lately seems I've had more "newby" days than good ones. We all go through these bad torch days. Very humbling for sure.

Ann*S
07-11-2002, 09:50 AM
Lauuurrriiii...
Of course you know me. I also have your 92 clip ons.
Ann

b2beads
07-11-2002, 10:04 AM
Oh, no, Ann! Do you REALLY have a white cat named Rocky??? Lauri and I have twin cats - separated at birth, actually. Clem (my guy) moved north from KC when he was sold into a life of labor as a feline corn detassler in NE, where I stumbled on him. Lauri's Rocky, on the other hand, stayed in KC and lived in the lap of luxury. Well, Lauri's lap... Now we find out there's another long lost sibling???? OMG! :eek:

B2