PDA

View Full Version : Wonky Bead Exchange Sneak Preview

DonnaB
07-10-2002, 01:57 PM
This is the Official Anonymous Wonky Bead Exchange Sneak Preview. I just can't say it enough, the wonky bead exchange participants are amazing! Out of 23 who signed up, TWENTY ONE mailed me their beads and they did it within thirty days. Now the ball is in my court... I have kept up with the annealing for those who asked, and now all I have left to do is sort, pack and mail! Everyone should try hosting a bead exchange at least once...

craftylady
07-10-2002, 02:22 PM
Good Luck!!!!! You have your work cut out for you....
:angel:

margaretz
07-10-2002, 02:28 PM
I can't wait to see the exchange once it's posted! I'm sure there will be some great wonky beads. Good luck sorting!

Tink
07-10-2002, 02:48 PM
This is SO SO SO exciting! It's my Very First Exchange, too!

Donna, you've an OUTSTANDING job of running this thing: The great instructions, the periodic updates... Not to mention your generosity in annealing beads for those of us who are kiln-challenged.

It's been a totally great and FUN experience! And geez! We still have beads to look forward to!

:clap:

Jennifer Geldard
07-10-2002, 03:05 PM
Hi Donna!
Exchanges are definately a challenge!
I had a blast doing the talisman one, and also pulled my hair out a lot.... you should see the bald spots!!
Notice the bandana in my tiny head picture ;)

b2beads
07-10-2002, 05:14 PM
Oh, man! I thought you were going to show pictures of the BEADS...;) Just teasing! Can't wait to see them. And, I've been working hard lately, preparing for the NEXT wonky bead exchange - the pile keeps growing, and growing, and growing.

B2 (the wonky bead energizer bunny...)

Lara
07-10-2002, 11:00 PM
Can't wait to get my beads. My were plenty wonky!:D

LL

macbeth7
07-10-2002, 11:02 PM
Ooh Donna, such a tease you are! :p

Beth

Mike E etc
07-10-2002, 11:17 PM
B2 nice to me and explain Wonky. I must have missed the book and movie.
Mike, :( , E

b2beads
07-11-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Mike E etc
B2 nice to me and explain Wonky. I must have missed the book and movie.
Mike, :( , E

mikee, you crack me up...

Wonky are those beads (and marbles) that just didn't quite make it... Not necessarily "fuglies", just they went off center and stayed that way, or the idea was much better in your head than in actual execution. I considered anything that I would not be comfortable selling as a wonky candidate.

That, of course is my definition. Webster, however, had this to say (and wasn't I surprised it was actually in the dictionary!):

won-ky: 1 a. shaky, unsteady. b. unreliable. 2 slang. stupid, boring, or unattractive [1920-25] (see WONK). I kid you not.

B2
(who felt the need to look up "fugly" after finding "wonky" in the dictionary. Not surprisingly, fugly was NOT in there... The closest was "fugle" which is to act as a guide or model... Now tell me this forum isn't educational...)

Mike E etc
07-11-2002, 08:58 AM
Thanks Beth,
I have lots of wonky glass around here. You know you could have told me to "look in the";) Websters at my elbow (just to my right) "first":o . I appreciate you position as a fugleman in this case.:D
Mike, a bit Won..., E

DonnaB
07-11-2002, 09:24 AM
Wow, thank you Beth! The dictionary, I would have never known! That is great. Okay see you all later... I have work to do...

b2beads
07-11-2002, 10:28 AM
MikeE - got me again..."fugleman" was actually the closest to "fugly", but I didn't like the definition quite as much...you're killin' me here :D And I think we may be the last two relics with actual printed dictionaries at our side?

B2 (who resisted push button phones...while having a wireless LAN in her house...go figure)

macbeth7
07-11-2002, 02:20 PM
Beth, do you still have one of those dialphones?? I have many dictionaries here...love books...can't give up my books. Got several English ones, including the gigundo OED...Brian was an English major. :D Got several for each of the 5 languages I studied...helpful, as I never did get fluent in any of them! Also probably have a few in languages I never studied. Anyone got any spare bookshelves? :D

Beth

Mike E etc
07-11-2002, 03:46 PM
A short personal technological history; First computer 1981, first color TV 1996, dial phones - fastest finger in the west, still can not find the numbers on a touch phone. Cell phone, WHY?... I do not answer the phone in the house. Pager and loner are incompatible words. In love with books for what they represent and the way they look, books on a machine, only when I have the option to fold the corners as a bookmark if I so choose.
Donna:) great composition with the boxes:D Now the beads.
Mike, I like the suspense, E

b2beads
07-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Actually, Beth, I do still have my rotary phone, but, alas, have given in and moved to touchtone (voicemail...) B2

Shirley C.
07-11-2002, 04:23 PM
Well hey, B2, I have a printed dictionary here on my desk. And at home we have the printed OED. Yep, guess I'm also one of the relics. But you guys already knew that...