PDA

View Full Version : Finally delurking

SPIglass
07-10-2002, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone!! I've been lurking around here for awhile now and I've posted a couple of times here and there, so I thought I'd say hello to everyone offically. I really like this forum so much more than another I won't mention. The attitude is so positive here!! I just love that. :D Everyone is so helpful and supportive!

Anyway, here's a blowup of my tinyhead pic so you can see what I'm currently working on. I've been experimenting alot with silver foil and fuming and I'm just loving it. What do you think? I would love some feedback! :)

Happy torchin'
Paulette

Anne Londez
07-10-2002, 01:30 PM
Welcome Paulette... and nice bead ! :clap:
Anne

margaretz
07-10-2002, 01:43 PM
Paulette, what a pretty bead! I love the color contrast between the transparent turquoises with silver foil and the coral color! I'm happy you posted a larger version of the tinyhead- you couldn't see this gorgeous detail otherwise!

craftylady
07-10-2002, 02:15 PM
Welcome to WC its nice to see you join our wonderful group of people with tons of information. And unlike the other channel they supply you with tons of positive feed back. :D

ValorieCox
07-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Paulette, Welcome!:cat:

Glad you joined us, and gave us an enlarged detail of that gorgeous bead. Wow... what depth! I love your control of the colors too, very nice.

More photos, please!

Best, Valorie

Rose Queen
07-10-2002, 02:26 PM
I can see why you'd be loving experimenting with silver foil and fuming, Paulette; this is one seriously gorgeous bead! Welcome to WetCanvas, by the way.

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

Shirley C.
07-10-2002, 02:30 PM
Hiya, Paulette, glad to see you over here! Great bead, too - lots of depth in that one. And the colors are terrific! Thanks for the larger picture, and please do post more pix!

SPIglass
07-10-2002, 02:31 PM
Your wish is my command Valorie! :D I've got tons of pictures, so here's another one. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and all of the wonderful compliments!!

Paulette

margaretz
07-10-2002, 02:34 PM
OK- so if you need a home for either bead, Paulette, call me. I'll happily adopt them! The second bead is just as pretty! Great job!

SPIglass
07-10-2002, 02:37 PM
Here's one of my black lace beads. I just love this technique!!!

Jennifer Geldard
07-10-2002, 02:39 PM
I'm in LOVE with your second one....they're all nice, but the second one made me catch my breath.... beautiful!!
And welcome!

SPIglass
07-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Here's one of my most recent encased florals. I just love how this one turned out. My best encased floral yet, I think. I'm going to have a hard time letting this one go.

Margaret....All of the other beads I posted already have homes, but this floral is in need of one. It's on Ebay right now. ;)

SPIglass
07-10-2002, 02:52 PM
Here's one more pic. Another black lace bead. This one is one of my fave color combos, soft violet and lime. I could post more, but I should probably get back to the torch before it just gets unbearably hot in my studio.

Thanks again for all of the compliments! :D Jennifer, that second one was especially hard to let go of. Especially since I've had hard a hard time duplicating that exact same effect. I just gotta make another one like that to keep for myself!;)

Kathy Champion
07-10-2002, 02:55 PM
Beautiful beads Paulette...I'm lusting after that third one...the black webbed one, gorgeous!

Margaretz your floral bead is also beautiful..thanks for sharing!

Kathy(not lurking but still photo impaired!)

SPIglass
07-10-2002, 03:01 PM
Thanks so much Kathy! I love the lace effect on transparent glass. It gives the bead such depth! BTW, the floral one is actually mine too.

Thanks again

P.S. Couldn't resist posting one more pic :D

Mike E etc
07-10-2002, 03:04 PM
Paulette,
Welcome to the light :D Your first bead was very nice and then they just got better. Your lace is my pick if I had to pick. Good work on the floral, I hope to get up to Heidi's island this year and have her help me on my florals.
Mike, getting over another boards blues/rules, E

SPIglass
07-10-2002, 03:06 PM
Thanks Mike!! I know what you mean about getting over another boards blues ;)

ValorieCox
07-10-2002, 03:09 PM
Paulette,
Oh boy!...we love seeing your beads.

Wow, that 'soft violet with lime, and black lace' is stunning...they are all great! Fantastic beads Paulette, and great photos to boot!

Yeah, you better get back to the torch so we can see more treasures out of the kiln.

Best, Valorie:cat:

Kathy Champion
07-10-2002, 03:29 PM
:o Oops..sorry! It's still a beautiful bead...I'm sure Margaretz would love to claim it!

Kathy

macbeth7
07-10-2002, 03:40 PM
Paulette,

Wow, beautiful beads! I think my fave are the lace ones though! Welcome to WC! :clap:

Beth

Stacylynne
07-10-2002, 04:38 PM
Just Beautiful,,,,,,,,,,, Love them all........ StacyLynne

mistymade
07-10-2002, 06:16 PM
Hi Paulette,
Your beads are Beauuuutiful! I love them all, especially the second one! And I have to agree - the attitude here IS much more positive!!! Welcome aboard!
Misty :)

Modesto
07-10-2002, 06:42 PM
Welcome to WC Paulette:clap:

All of your work is exceptional...the third one would be a very nice addition to my collection.;)

BAM
07-10-2002, 09:45 PM
Okay Paulette, now that I've lifted my jaw up off the floor, I'll say welcome and thanks for those lovely pics. Glad you "delurked."
Betty

Lara
07-10-2002, 11:16 PM
Paulette:

So pretty. I really like your floral and the 4th bead. Keep showing us your wonderful beads.

ll

wildfirelauri
07-11-2002, 03:01 AM
Paulette, happy un-lurking. All the beads you posted are stunning. You have a wonderful earthy, yet colorful style.

Glassy79
07-11-2002, 08:45 AM
I love those color combo's, great looking beads