PDA

View Full Version : The heart ! ! !

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-10-2002, 02:45 AM
While browsing I came across the project page and just wanted to see how to sign up and clicked the sign-up line......well it just signed me up.........so then I had to go make a heart and hearts are not one of the things I do well. I followed the instructions and they were good and now I have a locked heart. I also have a tabular bead from a heart that really didn't do well.

Bobby

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-10-2002, 03:12 AM
It's late and for some unknown reason the picture and I are not on the same wave length, so will try again later.
Bobby

gnu
07-10-2002, 03:28 AM
Yeah you are up late..(or is it early???:D ) It's OK for me. it's only 7.30pm here(the day after)....
will wait with baited breath for the heart!!!

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-10-2002, 09:25 PM
okee dokee...here is the picture...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jul-2002/wcpr1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jul-2002/wcpr2.jpg

THANKS NORM ! ! ! you are a sweetheart.

I had everything but the "X" out and pasted it in the wrong place. Now it seems so simple but around midnight it was very confusing. Need to remind myself to learn things during the daylight hours.........NOT ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Bobby
Oh.....colors for the beads.....colbalt and ivory/silver.
Size for the heart is 22x24x15mm and tabular bead is 41x25x10mm. The reason for the other bead is that the second heart that I tried didn't quite make it.

Nonie
07-10-2002, 09:32 PM
I love it. I think you did a wonderful job creating the heart. It's very pretty.:clap:

Shirley C.
07-10-2002, 09:37 PM
Hey, Bobby, nice beads! Nice color combo, too. As much as I work with the silvered ivory I haven't tried it with lapis yet.

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-10-2002, 09:38 PM
O.K. testing the procedure...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jul-2002/wcshop.jpg

This is my stringer holder. I couldn't find another picture I wanted to post so this one will do for a test.

O.K. not all on my own yet but I now have notes! ! !
Bobby

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-10-2002, 09:42 PM
Thanks Nonie....I love ivory and silver.

Oh....Shirley I have tried it with almost everything I could get my hands on. I just seem to go for the ivory and silver set-up. I have to make myself not work with it so I can at least come up with another color combo. Have you used any of the Murano ivories yet?
Bobby

macbeth7
07-10-2002, 09:45 PM
Bobby,

Both are amazing! You should do hearts...you're a natural! Love the color combo! :clap:

Beth

Shirley C.
07-10-2002, 09:52 PM
Bobby, I've done a little with the Murano ivory. The latest Effetre dark ivory isn't like the older stuff - it's smooth and shiny like the Murano, not grainy like before. And I don't like it. Doesn't react the same way with the silver as the older stuff. And it has almost a gummy feel to it. I guess it's good for doing some things, but when I want a specific result and don't get it, l'm not a happy camper. I've got a bunch of it, too - guess I'll have to do more playing around.

How 'bout you?

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-10-2002, 10:38 PM
I don't like the smooth ivory either. I have a lot of ivory stringers that react like the old ivory. I cook it sometimes to get it to spread and crawl. I have mixed both in different combinations and got different looks. Somewhere I have a recipe for bubble/ivory.....have to go look for it. Remember when the ivory/silver thread took off and went bonkers????
Bobby

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-10-2002, 10:41 PM
Beth
I did one in colbalt and pet/green......not a bad mix but the more I did the worse they got. I will make just one heart per session only and then I might have a few that work. But for the ones that don't work there is always a tabular bead...ONE OF MY FAVORITES.

Bobby

macbeth7
07-10-2002, 10:51 PM
Hey, at least you get something good out of it, right Bobby? :D If the cobalt & silver one needs a home, I'll be happy to adopt it. One of those not-too-girly hearts that I love! ;)

Beth

ValorieCox
07-10-2002, 10:52 PM
Bobby,
Wow! Wonderful heart bead, great colors and shape. I think you've got the 'photo upload' function figured out now!

Very tidy stringer holders too...(see I'm not the only one!) ;)

Valorie

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-10-2002, 11:03 PM
Valorie

I go from real clean to real messy. I do love to organize things and have a place for everything but it is hard when I also need everything I own within reach. The best thing about the "tote" trailer is that it is 6ft. wide and my chair has rollers. I spend way to many hours making things to hold things and then find a better way and do the the thing that I just finished. I know there is a name for this kind of behavior ! ! !

Bobby

Shirley C.
07-11-2002, 12:08 AM
Oh yeah, Bobby, I remember it well. You and I both posted instructions on making the silvered ivory stringer and there was an explosion. Cool! (or is that kewl? - showing my age, I guess...) :cool:

margaretz
07-11-2002, 12:12 AM
what a pretty heart! the colors work very well together.

b2beads
07-11-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Shirley C.
Oh yeah, Bobby, I remember it well. You and I both posted instructions on making the silvered ivory stringer and there was an explosion. Cool!

Uh, what KIND of explosion? Was that before my time (anything before 2002 was before my time - never even heard of lampworking much before that). Are we talking "good" explosion (like everyone doing it) or "bad" explosion (like some juicy controversy)? Do tell.

Bobby, that's a great heart. Yeah, I fell for that "sign me up for the project" ploy, too! Good trick, huh?!

I must still have the "old" ivory, because mine's not smooth at all, though I did have a few rods that I couldn't get to do anything funky...

B2

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-11-2002, 01:09 AM
B2

Shirley and I responded to a question on the ISGB Forum about Ivory and Silver stringers. We did it two different ways and after the post there were quite a few Ivory and Silver beads on Ebay. The different applications were great and it opened up so many more ideas. It was a good explosion !!!

Bobby

ptantono
07-11-2002, 01:53 AM
Very lovely heart !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I have no idea at all how you make those wonderfull glasses.
Is it difficult to learn ? I dont think I can find the materials anywhere in here. Bobby, I love your clowns too, they are very cute.

laughing glass beads
07-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Where do you get Murano glass, I hear everybody say they really like the clear, but where do you get it? Frantz doesn't have it in their catalog.

b2beads
07-11-2002, 10:19 AM
I bought mine from Arrow Springs - only bought the clear, tho'. Also got my Lauscha there, though they didn't have much at all. I so LOVE that glass! Soon, Jill's father (PI Lampwork Jill!) is going to be importing the Lauscha! That will be wonderful!

B2

Jennifer Geldard
07-11-2002, 10:28 AM
Patricia,
The learning isn't so difficult...it's trying to keep the addiction in check that I find hard ;)

I wish I could direct you to a class, but I have no idea where to send you in Indonesia.
You might try to pick up a book and go from there. I believe there's a nice list in the sticky recommendations thread at the top of the glass forum.
My favorite for beginners is Cindy Jenkin's, "Making Glass Beads"

Stacylynne
07-11-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by WhiteHotGlassWorks
O.K. testing the procedure...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jul-2002/wcshop.jpg

This is my stringer holder. I couldn't find another picture I wanted to post so this one will do for a test.

O.K. not all on my own yet but I now have notes! ! !
Bobby

Ok Bobby I need you to turn your head to the left close your eyes......... (shhhh) don't tell her I'm stealing all her stringers,,,,,,,,,, Stacylynne is slowly walking about the door down the road and shesssssssssss Home freeeeeeeee, with stringers in tow. Thanks Bobby......StacyLynne

Anne Londez
07-11-2002, 03:13 PM
It's a beautiful heart Bobby, I love those colors together.
Anne

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-11-2002, 05:20 PM
StacyLynne

You are toooooo funny. Thanks. I kinda needed to lighten up today. Taking pictures and posting is sometimes very time consuming.......but I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks again for the laugh ! ! ! I can go back to work now.

Bobby

ptantono
07-11-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Jennifer Geldard
Patricia,
The learning isn't so difficult...it's trying to keep the addiction in check that I find hard ;)

I wish I could direct you to a class, but I have no idea where to send you in Indonesia.
You might try to pick up a book and go from there. I believe there's a nice list in the sticky recommendations thread at the top of the glass forum.
My favorite for beginners is Cindy Jenkin's, "Making Glass Beads"

Oh..thank you Jennifer :) . I will check Amazon for the book.

Best regards,
Patricia

Kathy Champion
07-11-2002, 09:49 PM
Beautiful heart and great way to organize your stringers. I posted my heart in the project place...still a work in progress.

Kathy

Ann*S
07-11-2002, 10:31 PM
Bobby,
That heart is gorgeous. I love it!
At least you signed up accidently for a glass project..I did the same thing for a photography thing. Maybe it'll be fun!
Ann