PDA

View Full Version : My Tiny Head

NewCreation
07-10-2002, 01:41 AM
Hey y'all I uploaded my tiny head. I had a hard time getting a clear image going from the original to a 60x60 pxl image. Any advice?

The pic was taken about 1.5 years ago. I don't actually look like that anymore (shorter hair) but the image says loads about me. My first and most important job is as a Mommy to my incredible boy, Adam. He is 18 months now. The picture was taken when he was about 1 week old. We had just gotten home from the hospital. Adam was born with a pulmonic stenosis (valve carrying blood to lungs would not open. He was taken by ambulance from our regional hospital to UNC-Chapel Hill where he underwent a balloon cath to open the valve. I had the wonderful privilege of getting up and walking out of the hospital the day after a c-sect. Long story- short...The procedure was a total success. We are going in tomorrow for his annual checkup with his cardiologist.
Don't know why I just blurted that all out.
Anyhow, Adam is my muse. He is the lovingest laugingest most wonderful thing ever.

Shirley C.
07-10-2002, 01:59 AM
Well hey, Amy - nice ta see ya!!

Very touching story about Adam, too - sure glad he's OK!

MarySarah
07-10-2002, 10:30 AM
Hi Amy,

I have no advice for you on the tiny head thing as I had the same problem! 60 x 60 pixels is pretty tiny, alright;)

18 months is a fantastic age ... I love toddlers. And babies. And preschoolers. Now teen-agers ... well, even they have some good points, at least some of the time. I'm glad to hear that Adam is doing so well after a scary start!

Mary

Ann*S
07-10-2002, 11:11 AM
Amy,
What a beautiful, touching photograph. Thanks for sharing it...Welcome also!
Ann

he's an :angel:
ps...for some reason, when I saved my tiny head as a gif, I didn't have to make it so small and it came out ok..but I don't know why..HTH

DonnaB
07-10-2002, 12:19 PM
Oh Amy your tinyhead is awsome. I love mother-child art and this picture is like that to me. Thanks for sharing Adam's story. I am sorry you had to go through that with your first baby when he was first born. But I know you don't want pity. But I am still sorry to hear it. I am glad he is okay now... As I have shared before, I went through a serious situation with my son Zach in April, but he was my second child and age three before I had that bomb dropped on me! I just can't imagine what it would be like to go through that your first day as a mother... Good luck at the cardiologist visit!

wildfirelauri
07-10-2002, 12:43 PM
Amy, that is a beautiful, loving photo of you and your child. I hope you have it framed, a larger version of course. Hope the appt goes well.

margaretz
07-10-2002, 01:56 PM
Amy- a beautiful story, thank you for sharing it with us. The picture is so touching. Good luck at the cardiologist appointment!

Happy torching and Mommying!

redhotbeads
07-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Amy, I hope all goes well at the cardiologist. I love that pic, even though it is tiny. Enjoy the years while he's a little guy - they fly by at an amazing pace.

My oldest turned 11 yesterday. I am feeling old, old, old! I remember being 11 - doesn't seem THAT long ago, even if it's been 25 years!!
Kelly :cool: