PDA

View Full Version : Le Treport, A Seascape Photograph!

KD-W
07-09-2002, 05:19 PM
Here is the scene right outside the door of Nadine and Frederic's shop, Entre En Matiere in Le Treport. The colors change constantly. The thing about Spectrum glass is that it is made to see through because it is mainly made for making stained glass windows... making beads in this way isn't just swinging glass onto a mandrel, although that certainly helps...(!) It is also trying to get the sand to go under the water, trying to get depth and resisting the temptation not to put waves in if it might destroy the peace of the piece...some of my latest beads have no waves...just distance.. well, it is a progression.. I'll be photographing them in the next few days and some will go up on Ebay with the ones already there...
The fun thing also is that if you work with one kind of glass, it teaches you to work differently with another kind.. I'll try to make some seascape ones like this with Moretti in the next few days and show you the results.. right now I'm back into Tree beads too, and am looking forward to getting into the cooled kiln in the morning...
This forum is super.. thank you for the encouragement and friendly comments.. Laurie, you are super and always ready to help, and I love the picture of you and Jiley!

margaretz
07-09-2002, 07:40 PM
Kate- thanks for the pic of your view in France. I'm so jealous. I can't wait to see your sea beads... post them soon, pretty please!

Mike E etc
07-09-2002, 09:02 PM
Too cool Kate, I should have... I could have.. OH nuts Kate you have made it. Thanks for the image, it helps my spirit.
Mike E

KD-W
07-10-2002, 02:03 AM
Margaret, you can see my sea beads on Ebay if you just put KD-W in the SEARCH slot on the home page...I'm putting this info up here because several of you have emailed me privately asking how you can find them....here are some little ones..

:rolleyes:

margaretz
07-10-2002, 02:12 AM
Thanks, Kate! I'm heading over there right now!

Jennifer Geldard
07-10-2002, 09:17 AM
Beautiful beads Kate, and thanks for sharing your adventures as well.

Ann*S
07-10-2002, 11:31 AM
Oh my!How magnificently peaceful and beautiful. Thank you so much for the uplift.
Ann

craftylady
07-10-2002, 11:46 AM
Those are some really nice beads.:cat:

wildfirelauri
07-10-2002, 01:05 PM
Kate...:D

nicolac
07-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Looks like a gorgeous place Kate! I can't wait to get there for Leah's class. Its a pity you will be gone by then, it would have been nice to meet you. You are going at the start of August aren't you? I've decided to make a holiday out of the trip and am staying for a week.

Nicola in Éire :)

macbeth7
07-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Wow Kate, beautiful! Wish I was there right now instead of stuck in the big rotten apple. :( I've been admiring your new series of sea beads, & enjoying your stories. Keep us posted, so that we may experience it vicariously through you! :clap:

Beth

KD-W
07-21-2002, 04:49 PM
Yes, Nicolac, I will be here when Leah is... I'm staying until the end of august...

MarySarah
07-21-2002, 08:17 PM
Kate, that is am amazingly beautiful view! I have an ocean view as my computer wallpaper ... it's so relaxing to look at. I miss the ocean. I lived near it for four wonderful years and spent hours combing the beach for shells to collect .... that was years ago but I still have the shells.

Your newest beads are lovely, as are the others. Very tranquil and soothing.

Cheers!
Mary (in landlocked Iowa)

Mori
07-21-2002, 11:39 PM
Beautiful beads Kate! and a great view too.Thanks for sharing.:)

~Mori

idlehands78
07-22-2002, 09:02 AM
Kate - thanks for photo, the bead photo's and all of these wonderful posts on your time in France, it's been great to be an armchair travellor with you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

wildfirelauri
07-25-2002, 06:12 AM
Well my friend Kate..be careful what you wish for. If all continues as planned, I'm heading your way to spend some time with you, Fred and Nadine in Le Treport. I'm so excited!! ;)