PDA

View Full Version : Mini-inspiration project for May 08

artbyjune
05-01-2008, 11:24 AM
:thumbsup: Welcome to the monthly inspiration thread. A little bit of mini art for inspiring you this month. Hope you have fun.

Now that summer is here, you may want to write letters about places you visit on your hols.

Here is this month's idea:-

Design an illustration to embellish an envelope. You could draw on a new envelope, re-use an old one, or do the drawing/painting in your sketchbook, etc

Any medium; any size, any subject matter!!

:wave:

azulparsnip
05-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Fun idea - my daughter always draws on what she sends out.

Good opportunity to practice mini landscapes and whatever.

We are traveling this afternoon and tommorrow. I'll just slip a couple of envelopes in my sketch bag.

artbyjune
05-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Looking forward to your envelopes!!

Nickel
05-03-2008, 09:08 AM
This is great! I can't wait to see everyone's envelopes!
I like the idea of recycling! :D

tyree
05-04-2008, 08:10 AM
i have some blank post cards (gathering dust:p :evil: ) im going to get them out....and try some ink and colour with them!!!! tyree:wave: :thumbsup:

artbyjune
05-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Looking foward to the postcards, Tyree

azulparsnip
05-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Here are some I did while traveling this weekend

artbyjune
05-06-2008, 09:13 AM
:clap: :thumbsup: :cool: Hi azul, what a fabulous set of envelope doodles!!! I love those lorries....

I did a quickie today...based on the flower gardens at the park where I took Toby for a walk. A brilliant sunny day. Hope summer's here!!

Its watercolour on an envelope my sister sent me. I think I'll send the decorated version back to her.

I found that working on the envelope gave me freedom. How about you?

azulparsnip
05-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh, June that is fanciful and free.

Yes, working on odd bits of paper is freeing. I did alot of that about 3 month back after reading Danny Gregory's Creative Liscense but have fallen out of the habit. I kinda felt like I was using too much time but then I never have many LARGE amounts to do many large things. The freedom often brings gifts that work up into larger pieces.

The neat thing about an envelope is that it can be sent to someone!!!
I used one of mine today. I sprayed it with cheap hairspray to help keep the ink from smearing.

artbyjune
05-06-2008, 03:08 PM
It is good they can be used to send off to someone...I coated mine's with a thin coat of damar varnish to protect the watercolour and I'll send it off tomorrow!!