PDA

View Full Version : Fun With Figural Beads

Tink
07-08-2002, 07:51 PM
So who besides me really enjoys doing figural beads? I've been playing with duckies, puppies and today, a sea serpent swim ring. LOL!

I work on a Hot Head and primarily use Effetre.

So let's see those figural beads!

ValorieCox
07-08-2002, 08:05 PM
Sounds like fun Tink, lets see your photos!

Valorie:cat:

Ann*S
07-08-2002, 08:36 PM
Tink,
Great ! Can we see some?
Ann

David Seckendorf
07-08-2002, 09:49 PM
Here's a pic of a "Harley Hawg" bead I made a couple years ago right after taking Sharon Peters' class. I haven't been doing a lot of sculptural stuff lately.

And I just figured out how to post a picture in my message! :clap:

David

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jul-2002/Hawg.JPG

Tink
07-09-2002, 01:07 AM
Well, here's a quick shot of some of what I did today. The tiny duckie in the center is smaller than anything I've ever done in glass. Who knows what possessed me... LOL!

Tink
07-09-2002, 01:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Seckendorf
[B]Here's a pic of a "Harley Hawg" bead I made a couple years ago right after taking Sharon Peters' class. I haven't been doing a lot of sculptural stuff lately.

David, I just LOVE Harley Hawg! LOL! How was the Sharon Peters class? I'm expecting her book soon, and I'm SO excited!

ValorieCox
07-09-2002, 02:15 AM
Tink,
Fantastic beads, I love the green sea-monter, and the little ducks, very nice indeed!

David, great hog, wonderful details. Thanks for showing us!

Valorie

David Seckendorf
07-09-2002, 07:39 AM
Tink,

Really cool work! The ducks look just like a kid's pool toy! :)

If you get a chance to take Sharon's class, grab it. I did a two day class and had an incredible amount of fun while learning lots of sculpture techniques. Don't forget to be a hero and bring some chocolate (of course, that's a great thing to do in anyone's class).

David

Mike E etc
07-09-2002, 08:06 AM
Never met a figural I did not like. Tink, there really cool. "Harley Hawg" A pig with attitude! But then... he is a Harley Hawg !
Sorry about the stylized image, not to mention their 'realistic' buttons instead of beads I made a few years ago. Left to right; pumpkin, fake bottle with liquid and a signature cane as the stopper, frog with murrine eyes, bottle and a pear.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2002/five-picture-butt.jpg
Mike, still living with bead board rules, E

Tink
07-09-2002, 10:25 AM
Wow! Everyone is doing great stuff!

Mike, I just love the perfect shaping of your pieces, especially the pumpkin and the pear.

So what tools do you find indispensable for doing sculptural work? I have only rudimentary tools (dental tools, flat graphite marvers, etc.) at this point, but Prairieson and I have been thinking about getting some graphite rods and other stuff to aid in shaping.

Thoughts?

Oh, and I desperately want a Stump Shaper. Never tried one, but have heard they are great!

Jennifer Geldard
07-09-2002, 11:13 AM
These are all so much fun!!!
Great job everyone!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mike E etc
07-09-2002, 12:47 PM
Tools, not to knock using tools designed by someone else, OK I will;), I prefer to make or find my own. It is my thought that a personalized tool will help give your work a character that is your own. Just a fleeting thought. The tools I have purchased are the ones I use least.:)
Mike E

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-09-2002, 01:22 PM
Mike E............Boy do I agree ! ! ! You got this mind going. I think that the most "up"energy I get is from making my own tools. I raid the kitchen and nothing in our house is off limits. I even took apart my old curling iron and use it to form glass. I could spend more time on the tool then it takes to complete the job. I made special tools for the clowns and when I fried one and had to make another it didn't seem to do the job as well. I REALLY need to go and make beads today and be on the torch but will probably be thinking about tools ! ! !

Bobby

macbeth7
07-09-2002, 03:05 PM
Geez, you miss a lot when you go away for a day!

David, cool hog! :clap:

Tink, love the animals! :clap:

Mike, great buttons! :clap:

Really, I love them all!

:cool:
Beth

rightbrainbeads
07-09-2002, 09:37 PM
hey tink!

so nice to see you here!

wow, i can see why you need the boro punties! your creatures are wonderful! :clap:

david, that pig is great- a cool, bikin' pig dude! and mike, your pieces look so real- you amaze me with the detailed things that you make...

lynne (hopin' she wins david's smiley murrini so she can try out her idea of making talismanic happy 'stones' :) )