PDA

View Full Version : Bad Hair Day

bluewindfisher
04-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Oil on Canvas.
100 x 70 cms.
This is the third in my series on rodeos.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2008/70598-2007036badhairday.jpg

I look forward to your comments and feedback. :)
Regards
Graham

junge040649
04-27-2008, 01:22 AM
Great image--lots of action! The only thing I might consider changing is to darken the bright (or white) outfit on the cowboy in the upper lefthand corner. Maybe he's not so zonking bright in the real-life painting, but on the posted image, he's bright enough to pull the eye away from the center of interest--the rider and the horse.

But if he doesn't appear that way in the painting, ignore this and just slap me the next time you see me. :)

objectivistartist
04-27-2008, 02:35 AM
Wow - Nice!! Great frozen in action here....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Trilby
04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Definitely caught the moment! great anatomy and action. I agree with muting the figure sitting on the fence. If it were my painting I would eliminate him altogether as that figure really isn't needed to tell the story. That looks like one ornery horse.
TJ

sassybird
04-29-2008, 06:56 PM
I love rodeos and am looking forward to this summers events. Bronco riding is one of my favorite contests. It takes a lot of stamina to get on a horse and to stay on. You have done a wonderful job capturing the rider and horse in this painting. I agree with the others about the figure on the fence. That is the only critique that I can offer. I really like this piece a great deal.

Diane Cutter
05-01-2008, 07:44 AM
What a beautiful job you've done here... Great sense of excitement!

Diane

Soul Expressions
05-02-2008, 01:35 PM
That is a great painting and the best title!

keenart
05-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Painfully spectacular!

Jo Castillo
05-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Your rodeo paintings are just great! As before, they take me back and make me homesick. :) Great job on the perspective in this one.

JoshCurryArt
05-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Oh wow, I bet that hurt! great painting.

bluewindfisher
05-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Thank you all for your comments and feedback.
I really appreciate them. :)
Regards
Graham

IMaybe
05-18-2008, 04:53 PM
:clap: Oh yes, this brings back memeories!!!! I lived in Cody, Wyo at the Rodeo grounds for 4 full summers, becasue My husband worked for the Cody nite Show. Everynight, a full Rodeo was put on for 3 full months. I barrle raced, and worked my horses in the daytime as we actually camped right there, full-time. I also was a cocktail runner a few nights a week for the extra income. I loved it. Later moved to Nevada, with my horses and kept running barrles, and ridding colts and raising the son from this poor failed marriage---And stayed in art, as did the X--Horses and Art---That was our life, and thankfully still is---Son is an Awesome teamropper now, and Rodeo rules. I ride, have colts and don't compete anymore---only in art work!!! Thanks for the memeories--Keep these coming!!!!!