GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Daisies
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 11x15
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This started as a pencil piece, but I covered it with watercolor paint.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I might call it finished unless someone suggests something to improve. Any type of critique or suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you. Joni<br>

thomas w
04-26-2008, 08:16 AM
I like the colors on this, subdued background with a bright subject. The background texture is interesting as well. The second daisey seems out of place though, it's doesn't look like the other, its drooping and losing leaves. I would omit it or add more like the center one next time.
Thomas W

jonifaye
04-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Thank you for your nice reply. I can see your thoughts on the small daisy--being a mother of five daughters, I take the composition in another way..the larger petals guarding and comforting. Different views is what art is all about...thanks for yours.
Joni

maw-t
04-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Joni, I can see this & your story in a childrens book.. Wonderful illustrative style...
& yet another view... the smaller one was so over-powered by "the mother" she was suffocating him from the freedom of the sun & the growth of independance...

maw-t
04-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Joni, I can see this & your story in a childrens book.. Wonderful illustrative style...

jonifaye
04-27-2008, 11:38 AM
You're giving me the idea to make it the first of a series.... The next one with the little one pushing up and rising above .... and then that one later having a little one under it's petals on the last. (on and on) Thank you for your comments. Joni

Corby
04-27-2008, 11:16 PM
The image is simple and pleasing to the eye. There are any number of different ways you might do or have done the background and so on, but it is a finished piece as it is and needs no alteration. Despite being a rather banal subject, it has a strong presence and individuality. I like it!

jonifaye
04-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Thank you--I appreciate your comments and time in replying.
Joni