PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Summit

Tasslehofff
04-23-2008, 03:33 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-23-2008/138774_04-20-08_1646.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Mountain Summit
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
My First completed painting,ever,used the Bob Ross "wet on wet" technique.Right lower corner is a bit "off" but tried to correct it and make it at least look like something.Paint was getting muddy and remembering "thin sticks to thick", thinned with liquid white and reapplied.Supposed to be a path and brushes.Not too many "Happy Little Trees" lol. Wanted to get a basic idea as to what I was doing.Can always add more in another painting.Took me 6 hrs.Had to keep pausing the dvd.And hope the picture posts properly.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Just want to know if it looks half way decent,especially for a first shot.Also want to know if my "improvised correction" worked.At least if it looks like a path and flowery bushes..etc. Any helpful hints will be welcome.

D.W. Flint
04-23-2008, 11:46 AM
For your first painting, this has to be an encouragement. I've thrown out most of my first ones. Excellent job and keep it up...:thumbsup:

Barbie Bud
04-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Really good for your first painting, keep at it. Barb

keenart
04-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Bob used to say that if you divide the canvas into three parts, sky, land, and water, you will get a balanced scene.

Although a traditional painter I still watched Bob every series, and loved his style.

You are on track, you will just need more practice, and that is how you learn to get better at painting.

tgsloth
04-23-2008, 02:30 PM
It's OK to paint like Bob but I'd stay away from the hair style.

Blayne
04-23-2008, 02:49 PM
I think you did a fantastic job. It does not look like a first painting!

billmahler
04-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Congratulations on your first painting!
Bob is as good a place as any to start.
Just paint, paint, paint and the good things will follow.

maw-t
04-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Congrats on your first painting!! That mountain is really beautiful! but...Nothing like fan-brush tree foliage to shout beginner however. I shouted for waaaaaaay too long :) Keep up the the great work!!

Tasslehofff
04-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks all...I know I got the mountains right..they're my fav part so far. Have to work on the trees a bit. In person they work a lot better.Will keep at it when time permits and Bob is the only one that can rock the hair...lol Again Thanks to all that have taken the time to tell me what you think.

tonyjazz
04-24-2008, 12:03 PM
For your first painting this is very well done. Even though Bob Ross is no longer with us it's good to see that he is still influencing folks to get started painting. Continue to find your own style of painting as you develop as a painter. Look at some of the old masters works to see what can inspire you. As you continue your journey you'll be amazed at what you can paint. TJ

Happybrush
04-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Can sense the fun and satisfaction you had in doing this.
Congratulations on this first finished painting of yours!
It has a nice cool and refreshing impression to it.