PDA

View Full Version : Girl in RED

Anonymous
04-21-2008, 11:40 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-21-2008/133967_girl_in_red.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Girl in RED
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18 X 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Any comments are welcomed?

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments are welcomed?

KYRed
04-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Wow! I adore the shadows in the background and the reds of the drapes behind the lamp. Great job on the form of the woman. Very feminine. I just question the starkness of the bedsheet. Maybe a touch here and there of light gentle color? Maybe a bit of the red-orangey color you added to her face. KYRed :clap:

MRSBB
04-22-2008, 12:31 AM
This is quite eye catching and You have done an excellent job drawing the figure. A couple of things that bother me are the difference in the body skintone and the skintone of the legs. The ladies right arm raised above her head is too straight and I think a tad too long. Compared to the beauty of the torso I would like to see more defination in the hand. Maybe if you blended the shadows on her right arm and leg, so they weren't so hard and abrupt it would give more shape to them. I love the face and torso and the lamp in the background. Keep having fun...........Lenore

billmahler
04-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Very stylish and expressive
I keep wanting to crop it on my right, tho, to get her head out of the center.
When I scroll it that way, it looks good, but then I go back to the original version and like that also.

Blayne
04-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Very striking work. I honestly can't see anything to fix in this one except maybe that her left nipple is a bit off center, too much to the side. I realize, because of her posture, that it would sag to the left but this may be too much?

Lily_Katz
04-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Your work reminds me much of the style of this artist:

http://www.thomasindewhurst.com/

Do you happen to know her?

Corby
04-22-2008, 04:40 PM
The handling of light in this is absolutely wonderful.

kathrynlovespets
04-22-2008, 11:28 PM
it has the look of a photo thats been messed with in photoshop!
so........since it's oils............good job
even if it were just a photo...it would be a good photo...