PDA

View Full Version : Hi Mountain Home

CarlC
04-21-2008, 12:49 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-20-2008/8099_Hi_Mountains_jpg.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Hi Mountain Home
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Digital
Surface: Computer
Dimension: 24 inches by 36 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I took 10 photos, extracted various items, then pasted it all together into a "painting". Each photo had different light source, color, and size. I blended it all together, added shadows, then drew in a few more items using a pen tablet and a mouse. Used Photoshop and ArtRage together. The PSD version is a real memory hog.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
The tree on the left absolutely refuses to blend in to the background but does the rest of it blend together with correct lighting and color? How about the composition.

Corby
04-21-2008, 01:21 AM
I must say this is the first digital collage I have ever seen! I used to do this with magazines. I think it works well. I was trying to make up my mind as to what was the focal point. The large bed of flowers, by virtue of its being large and colorful, seems at first to fit the bill...but then that lady in the Emerald Green dress just doesn't let go of ones eye. The tree on the left seems to fit in nicely to the over all composition to me. I'm thinking this must have been fun to do! Thanks for sharing.