PDA

View Full Version : introduction and thanks!

rightbrainbeads
07-07-2002, 09:25 PM
hello all!

ok! i'm not posting again until i do the introduction thing! i wish that i had some new beads to show, but, alas, i've been away at summer school for a month :( ... so here are some beads that i made last fall (about the time when i started putting metal on every bead!!!:D )

i've been making beads for about three years, and lately i've been practicing making tabular beads and hollows. nowadays i put every bead that i make through a reduction flame at *least* once-- i'm a total reduction flame junky!! and i'm still completely fascinated with the reaction between metals and glass...

i'm so glad to be here! thank you all for your positive vibes, advice, and pics of beautiful glass! :clap:

lynne

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jul-2002/goldstones4.jpg

macbeth7
07-07-2002, 09:28 PM
Hi Lynne!

I love you beads! You always seem to get such great texture in them. :clap: :clap:

Beth

b2beads
07-07-2002, 09:58 PM
Lynne - I love your work. Your organic hollows inspired me to try again and think outside the box. I LOVE the not-so-perfectly-round hollows with gorgeous surface decoration and texture. I did two last night "a la Lynne", but my camera battery needs charging. They actually are "failed" hollows as they partially collapsed, but I decided to move forward and decorate, etc. Mine are beyond "organic" (closer to "wonky" IMO), but I do like the decorations I ended up with and gives me ideas for other stuff.

I bet you're going through torch withdrawal!

B2

Ann*S
07-07-2002, 10:09 PM
Lynne,
I love what you have done with those. They are beautiful. The natural shapes are especially great looking with the gold and the reduction qualities. Very sophisticated.
Thanks for posting them.
Ann

rightbrainbeads
07-07-2002, 11:15 PM
thank you beth(s) and ann for the compliments! it means a lot!

b2, i think i have passed entirely through withdrawal and am now somewhere on the other side of it! it was painful! :crying: am just so glad only two more weeks left til i get to go home... :clap: in the meantime i'm playing with seed beads to pass the time!

lynne

ValorieCox
07-07-2002, 11:27 PM
Lynne, Wow! These are stunning. Old or new photos, we're easy...just keep posting them!

Wonderful colors, texture, shape ...and restraint--you stopped each one at just the right look. These would look so nice strung just like they are on a short necklace. Can't wait to see what other treasures you have up your sleeve once you get back to the torch! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Best, Valorie

Beth Myers
07-08-2002, 11:56 PM
Lynne,
I am new here myself and I am so glad I did not see your photo before I post mine, or I never would have had the nerve.
Very nice set !
fondly,
beth

The human mind is not a deep-freeze for storage but a forge
for production; it must be supplied with fuel, fired and
properly shaped.
- William A. Donaghy

rightbrainbeads
07-09-2002, 12:29 AM
thanks valorie and beth!

beth, it's funny because last night i had just seen your auctions on ebay and was thinking about how nice your beads were, and then i came over here (just beads, beads and more beads for me ;) ) and you had just posted your introduction! i was impressed with the synchronicity of the whole thing! i love your beads!!! :clap:

lynne