Year Created: 2008
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Board
Dimension: 5 x 7 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Ok, fluid acrylics on aquaboard again..

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything<br>(the digital is saturating the yellow sky)

Blayne
04-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Very striking and beautiful! I really love the colors in the road. I'm not sure if the rather simplified upper half needs anything more--or whether its simplicity allows the bottom half to really shine.

tgsloth
04-19-2008, 12:42 PM
This one could be a clinic on color balance. And you made acrylics look like watercolors, I'm supposing by painting quite thin.

FirstMidnightrose
04-19-2008, 11:06 PM
The colors are lovely!

D.W. Flint
04-19-2008, 11:08 PM
'nother good one Spyder. Don't know how you it, but they're all nice...

kathrynlovespets
04-20-2008, 09:37 AM
yes great colors
you've painted an attractive landscape using only a few brushstrokes

Ronni
04-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Spider, I keep watching all you send here, since it is a critique forum, I'll let myself tell you my true response, I always enjoy the colors and dramas you create, but I get the very same feeling by most of your posts, I keep waiting for a further developing of the scenes, taking them to somewhere that will appart each of them to be unique and specific, I think you are too easy with them, varrie between quickies and invested higher art.

Spyderbabe
04-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks it's a new medium for me and a new surface. I liked what I found and will use them again. Making the next step forward is always the challenge isn't it? I find doing the small format pieces give me the building blocks needed to go larger and further, so bear with me..;-)

maw-t
04-20-2008, 12:47 PM
I like this.. the orange maybe repeated else where would be nice... I have always loved watercolor paintings & this has that look about it...

I like that Ronni is so straight forward with her help & advice!!

But also remember.......
It's the journey that is the most exciting part of the trip... once we 'get there' some of the magic is lost.
Not sure who said that... ( I think it was me??) :) Enjoy!!!

Spyderbabe
04-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks Maw-T - you're right! - the journey is the thing but some good advice along the way is always appreciated!