PDA

View Full Version : Project Entry - Here's my "Half Hearted" Attempt ;)

b2beads
07-07-2002, 08:39 PM
OK, I was SO excited about this bead I stayed up all night cleaning bead holes until the kiln was done (well this bead and a couple others.) Of course, it's not photographing as well as I'd like, but my camera battery just died, so this is it...

I was doing Laura's heart project. Used cobalt blue and emerald green lauscha transparents. I was "supposed" to twist it (to do the "locked" heart thing) but it turned out so perfectly half and half, I just didn't have the heart...:D

It's pretty basic, but it's only the third time I've ever tried a heart. Balanced, round bead holes, nice shape - nothing fancy but made me happy!

B2

PS - I did learn a lesson for the project. Using Laura's method, don't put the two initial beads a half inch apart. I had to make the beads bigger than planned so they would melt together. Finished heart is about 1" x 1"

Nonie
07-07-2002, 08:42 PM
WOW!
I love it! The seperation of the colors is perfect.

macbeth7
07-07-2002, 08:45 PM
Great bead, Beth! :clap:

Guess you have to do another one for the project! :cat:

Beth

Laura Brito
07-07-2002, 08:55 PM
hehe I am confused! No you don't and are not supposed to put the beads 1/2" apart? Where did you see that, if so that is a big big typo....I better go look! Yikes

Laura

b2beads
07-07-2002, 09:01 PM
No, you didn't make an error - I did. I accidentally put them too far apart, but didn't feel like starting over, so I just kept making the beads bigger and bigger until they were large enough to melt together. In the end it worked out fine. After "drooping" the glass down to make the bottom, it didn't actually turn out to be too big - actually well proportioned.

B2:D

Ann*S
07-07-2002, 09:28 PM
Beth,
It is a stunning heart...I wouldn't have twisted it either...it's too perfect. Yikes...sometimes that one last step could ruin it. This one is too nice to take the chance.
Ann

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ValorieCox
07-07-2002, 09:57 PM
Beth,
This is amazing! No wonder you stayed up so late last night, I'd also want to see those treasures in the kiln. Wonderful shape, definition and proportions. Keep those photos coming, very inspiring!

Valorie:cat:

Stacylynne
07-07-2002, 11:17 PM
B2....... Just so crisp and perfect I love this heart its just like Jello.......... :D Stacylynne

Jinx.Garza
07-07-2002, 11:21 PM
Beeeeautiful!! :clap:

Elankat
07-07-2002, 11:55 PM
Great looking bead! The colors are luscious. :) I just thought I'd mention that you should upload your finished project entries into the project system. I noticed that you have signed up, but did not upload the entries. It's actually a common thing that happens with people who are new to WetCanvas. :) I think I had about three people do that on the project I started. :D

If you go to the project that you have signed up for, there is a link for uploading your entry. You can put comments there and your image. The good thing about this is that it archives your entry and makes it easier for people to find and see it...there are some people who won't look through a forum to find your thread, but they do go look at the project entries. Also, when it's in the project area, there is a feature that allows people to comment on the entry. The comment feature automatically takes them to the right forum and lets them comment in the project thread with a thumbnail and a link to your image. You can also upload multiple entries.

If you need any help with the project system, private message me or ask on the New Users forum. :)

margaretz
07-08-2002, 12:26 AM
So pretty Beth! It's perfect! And it looks like candy!

meesh
07-08-2002, 12:46 AM
beth i love it!!! you did so good!!! i have to try mine soon! way to go babe!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

wildfirelauri
07-08-2002, 12:53 AM
Wowsa Beth! Lookin real good. Love the colors together and the shape is beeeeuuuutiful. Now I gotta go check these mentioned projects. Like I really need more online time...

b2beads
07-08-2002, 01:06 AM
Thanks everyone! I was so happy with it. Prolly never be able to get one that even again, so the NEXT one I'll twist. I had also intended to crackle it instead of twist, but couldn't bring myself to do that. It insisted it was finished. I kept touching it up, removing chill marks, rounding edges - finally it screamed "put me in the kiln or I'll blow myself off this mandrel!" Yes, it's psychotic that my beads talk to me, and more so that I did what it said...:eek:

B2 :music: (twilight zone theme music...)

Shirley C.
07-08-2002, 02:22 AM
Beth, that heart is gorgeous! I love those colors together, and everything about it works so well!

Can I have it?

;)

cankeep
07-08-2002, 08:41 AM
Great heart Beth! Those colors are so nice together and such a nice crisp straight line between them! No wonder you didn't want to twist it! I couldn't have done it myself either. I love the Jello analogy....it really does look like Jello! Now I'm beginning to understand all those people who are compelled to lick their beads! :p

Anne Londez
07-08-2002, 08:51 AM
You have to get in early on these threads, otherwise all the gorgeous, beautiful, great words are already taken:(

So what can I say except that you have a delicious heart ?
Anne

Lara
07-08-2002, 10:56 PM
WOW - I think you made the right decision. I'm not going to post the picture of my sad little heart I made this weekend. Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow.

Lara

Beth Myers
07-08-2002, 11:23 PM
Beth Beth Beth,
I am sitting here with my mouth open, this heart is beautiful!
I know how hard that was to make too. Hearts are a sort of personal icon for me and I make a good many and they are NOT easy. Well, not for me anyway. It looks like you have mastered the feat!
High five yourself, I am proud of you girl!!!!!
I will never tell anyone that you are a Gamecock. shhhhhhh
Post more photos, I am making notes here.
Skipping and romping,
Beth

The human mind is not a deep-freeze for storage but a forge
for production; it must be supplied with fuel, fired and
properly shaped.
- William A. Donaghy
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: <------- 5 clap salute

b2beads
07-08-2002, 11:50 PM
Thanks so much, all! Now that I know how to do them, I can try and recreate and screw around with surface decorations, etc. But I just had to leave that one as is. May never get that two equal halves thing right again, but now I have PROOF I did once...

Ah, Beth, one (of many?) of the embarassments of my life - being a "Gamecock"... I transferred there from Wittenberg in Ohio where we had a "normal" mascot - Tigers. The first time I went to a football game - on a first date, no less - I had the pleasure of participating in the SC standard cheer where everyone in the stadium alternates sides and stands and yells "game" on one side and "cocks" on the other. You can guess which side I was on... Of course, now I'm in "husker" land... Well, at least I can say that in public without getting stares...

B2 (crawling back under the desk hiding from her past...) :evil:

rightbrainbeads
07-09-2002, 12:15 AM
RFLMAO B2!

i never would have been able to twirl or do anything else to this heart either-- it's just too perfect the way it is! :clap:

lynne :D

Jennifer Geldard
07-09-2002, 10:17 AM
Wonderful heart Beth!
The proportions are perfect!!!
:clap:

JHDesigns
07-09-2002, 04:02 PM
Great job on the heart Beth! I wouldn't have twisted it either if I had done it that perfectly!
Off to make a heart now that I'm inspired.
Jami

Carol Saker
07-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Beth,

You are amazing! Look ma, no silver stringer! ;) Every time you post something - it is new and fabulous. I love the heart just the way it is - I think twisting it would have somehow taken away from it.

Carol

laughing glass beads
07-10-2002, 03:22 PM
JH Designs! So good to see you here. Post some of your work, it is the best! :clap: